Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Burger King slammed on social media over ad featuring chopsticks: 'It's racist'

Wow. This racism in the world is getting out of hand. What's next? Someone going to make a joke while wearing a swiss watch? 

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/burger-king-slammed-on-social-media-over-chopsticks-ad-its-racist

"The ad, which aired in New Zealand, features several fast food customers attempting – and failing – to eat the chicken sandwich using giant chopsticks"

Mario Mo, a Korean New Zealander, posted a video of the ad to her Twitter slamming the brand's use of chopsticks with a sarcastic “chopsticks r hilarious right omg etc.”

Stories like this are funny.... A few people go on social media and complain and all of a sudden some news agency makes it seem like it's a huge outcry.. realistically most people don't care 

• Like 2

They are hillarious. Anyone using them in the western world is a pretentious doosh. Forks are superior . Debate over. 

• Like 1

The leftist version of the world is mostly humorless, and one where at any moment the mob can turn on you and devour you.

28 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Stories like this are funny.... A few people go on social media and complain and all of a sudden some news agency makes it seem like it's a huge outcry.. realistically most people don't care 

This. I wouldn’t be aware of this stuff at all if it weren’t for the right wing cottage industry of whining about snowflakey behavior and blowing it way out of proportion.

• Thanks 2

Just now, MDC said:

This. I wouldn’t be aware of this stuff at all if it weren’t for the right wing cottage industry of making fun of  snowflakey behavior and constantly pointing out the stupidity of liberal thought

🤭😋🤗

Dolche and gabana did some ad with chopsticks here in china. China being the perpetually buthurt little cvnts they are, the brand is basically boycotted here now. 

39 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

THANK YOU!!!!     I love the media comments  "The internet is angry!!"  Or crap like that

45 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

You just described the HuffPost every single day.

THE INTERNET IS OUTRAGED AT____________

..and it's like 3 permoffended people tweeting back and forth.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Dolche and gabana did some ad with chopsticks here in china. China being the perpetually buthurt little cvnts they are, the brand is basically boycotted here now. 

That would probably explain why nobody appreciated my tiananmen "Tank You" cards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

You just described the HuffPost every single day.

THE INTERNET IS OUTRAGED AT____________

..and it's like 3 permoffended people tweeting back and forth.

Judging from the GC there is a pretty active market of people who like to get faux outraged at faux outrage.

49 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They are hillarious. Anyone using them in the western world is a pretentious doosh. Forks are superior . Debate over. 

Adding to that is the fact that you see all these douche nozzles eating there sushi in the states with chopsticks. And they look exactly like you're trying to eat chicken nuggets with chopsticks. That's because they weren't intended for chopsticks. You pick it up between your thumb and forefinger and plop I mouth.  Now, sashimi on the other hand...

however, the only caveat is that the Asians know how to portion their sushi into one bite.

I love these jackasses trying to impress their date by basically trying to pick up an ice cube with chopsticks.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They are hillarious. Anyone using them in the western world is a pretentious doosh. 

Glad to meet you.   :cheers:

In my defense, I must say that I learned to use them, because the immigrant I sponsored to come to this country, didn't own any forks. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Judging from the GC there is a pretty active market of people who like to get faux outraged at faux outrage.

See, what you're doing is called "projection".

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Adding to that is the fact that you see all these douche nozzles eating there sushi in the states with chopsticks. And they look exactly like you're trying to eat chicken nuggets with chopsticks. That's because they weren't intended for chopsticks. You pick it up between your thumb and forefinger and plop I mouth.  Now, sashimi on the other hand...

however, the only caveat is that the Asians know how to portion their sushi into one bite.

I love these jackasses trying to impress their date by basically trying to pick up an ice cube with chopsticks.

The only time I use chopsticks is when I eat sushi because I don't like to actually touch my food and chopsticks work better than forks.

13 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The only time I use chopsticks is when I eat sushi because I don't like to actually touch my food and chopsticks work better than forks.

Not uncommon. 

When everything is racist, nothing is racist....

25 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

See, what you're doing is called "projection".

Did I start a thread complaining about people complaining about chopsticks?

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Of course not, but your deflection does not remove your projection either.

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

THANK YOU!!!!     I love the media comments  "The internet is angry!!"  Or crap like that

Yes it is crap. Amirite?  

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Or maybe people just like to try something different, and there is nothing pretentious about it.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I call them chopstick people. Those that grew up with the fork and knife and choose the chopsticks later.

The Amish gain personal benefits from their lifestyle choices, but chopstick people actually go backward on the evolutionary scale. They lose functionality by their choice of an eating tool, and they devolve personally by partaking in 'look at me' moments thinking it makes them something they are not. Worldly.

46 minutes ago, MDC said:

I was simply commenting on the specifics of your post.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I was simply commenting on the specifics of your post.

You were deflecting, like Ray. 

59 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Not uncommon. 

In general, I do actually agree with your assessment though with a good portion of people... in particular, the younger crowd.  They think that they're being culturally appropriate when they are in fact being "douche nozzles".  A friend of mind, who's half Japanese and half Italian (raised in Japan until 14), laughs at people who use chopsticks for sushi.  When she laughed at me and I told her why, she laughed harder and said her niece is the same way.

Just now, MDC said:

You were deflecting, like Ray. 

If you think so, that's fine.  I can pretend you're right for your sake.

1 hour ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Of course not, but your deflection does not remove your projection either.

Leave MDC alone. Making fun of us is his thing.  It makes him feel like the smart guy in the room.  Thankfully, because of him, we now know that chop stick users are living rent free in our heads and that we have CUDS (chopstick user derangement syndrome).

• Like 1

Use of chopsticks racist? Caucasians not being able to use chopsticks well racist?   This is all silly.

who really cares about this? 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is how I feel. Chopsticks were great until the fork was invented. It just makes eating more of a chore than a fork does.

In order to stop this BS, what is needed is for Burger King to just issue a giant FVCK YOU to this person, publicly. Going forward, when these things arise, the same is done to the 'offended'. Then it will stop. Pulling the ad only gives these losers more fuel to act offended.

37 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

In general, I do actually agree with your assessment though with a good portion of people... in particular, the younger crowd.  They think that they're being culturally appropriate when they are in fact being "douche nozzles".  A friend of mind, who's half Japanese and half Italian (raised in Japan until 14), laughs at people who use chopsticks for sushi.  When she laughed at me and I told her why, she laughed harder and said her niece is the same way. 

Sounds like a spicy combination.  :music_guitarred:

Can size?  🤔

31 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Leave MDC alone. Making fun of us is his thing.  It makes him feel like the smart guy in the room.  Thankfully, because of him, we now know that chop stick users are living rent free in our heads and that we have CUDS (chopstick user derangement syndrome).

:first:

47 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I keep saying it because it applies over and over.  I feel like eventually they'll learn.  I believe that people have the ability to learn and there is no such thing as a lost cause, so I keep trying.

55 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

This is how I feel. Chopsticks were great until the fork was invented. It just makes eating more of a chore than a fork does.

Exactly...Never felt the need to use chopsticks--never learned--no reason to.

So yes anyone that wasn't brought up using them is just a pretentious douche nozzle.

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

He seems miserable.

• Like 1

I use a spork and a fish fillet knife I found in a lake one time exclusively... You cro-mags who use a spoon and fork need to get with the times.