Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Shaving, what do you use?

I have a few dollar shave club razors, and they are pretty good. Recently I've really gotten into shaving like men used to do in the old days.  I have a Double edge safety razor from the 60's that I have been using and I bought a bunch of different kinds of razors. For the cream I use Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream from amazon and I really like it. Of course I needed a brush so I went with Shaveway 100% Original Pure Badger Shaving Brush. I'm open to try something new, but have been using dollar shave clubs Dr. Carver's magnanimous post shave cream.

I needed a bowl for the cream and something to hold the razor so I bought the Universal Shaving Brush Stand Holder for Safety Razor Brush With Heavy Stainless Shaving Bowl from amazon and it's perfect.

All in all I've really enjoyed using it. The first time I really butchered my face but have gotten better. I've been thinking about trying a straight razor, but I wanted to wait until we move to our new house.

I usually use yours after your wife and I finish up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I use a Wahl beard trimmer with no guard because I lost them all. This gives me a 4:00 shadow.

I use a cheap women's multi blade to clean up the neck and occasionally shave the whole face clean.

I use both of these when I do my monthly manscape.

In the past I have used expensive Mach 8s or shave club of the month hardware and fancy organic shave cream with a brush. The cheap stuff works just as well and is disposable so if I forget/lose something while traveling it is easy to replace.

I have recently converted to the Islamic shave club. The blade almost never gets dull as the only time it is used is to slash the throat of imperialistic infidels.

I am so pleased with the results, I am soon sure to try the lifetime supply of Muslim deodorant. It is of course prepared to be Halal compliant and can be passed down from generation to generation.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I have a few dollar shave club razors, and they are pretty good. Recently I've really gotten into shaving like men used to do in the old days.  I have a Double edge safety razor from the 60's that I have been using and I bought a bunch of different kinds of razors. For the cream I use Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream from amazon and I really like it. Of course I needed a brush so I went with Shaveway 100% Original Pure Badger Shaving Brush. I'm open to try something new, but have been using dollar shave clubs Dr. Carver's magnanimous post shave cream.

I needed a bowl for the cream and something to hold the razor so I bought the Universal Shaving Brush Stand Holder for Safety Razor Brush With Heavy Stainless Shaving Bowl from amazon and it's perfect.

All in all I've really enjoyed using it. The first time I really butchered my face but have gotten better. I've been thinking about trying a straight razor, but I wanted to wait until we move to our new house.

I tried a straight razor once. After the fifth or six cut I threw it away. That is harder than it looks. 

I use a Mach 3 with basic foam cream in a can, but I shave in the shower. I have a mirror in the shower and I get a clean shave with less mess. 

I was using Patriot fans tears from 2008-2012.  

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

slightly more lubrication than Eli tears

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

slightly more lubrication than Eli tears

Well, if it's lubrication he wants, he should go to the Pats owner.

De razor

Shark blades

Proraso shave cream in dirty bird scuttle

Alum block

I used a straight razor for about a year... It is nice but maintenance became a hassle 

38 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I use a Mach 3 with basic foam cream in a can, but I shave in the shower. I have a mirror in the shower and I get a clean shave with less mess. 

Same but I don’t shave in the shower.

4 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Dorco razor blades and no shaving cream. I dry shave after my shower (face mostly dry).

This gives me anxiety just thinking about it

I had used Gillette razors in the past, dumped them for Schick razors after their hate-filled commercial against men. Will never touch any of their products again.

Typically shave with the razor one per week, but otherwise use an electric each day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have shaved on the shower for nearly my whole adult life. Cheap gilette razor gets about 5-6 shaves (1 month). Picked up some Duluth Trading cream that does a good job.

22 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I had used Gillette razors in the past, dumped them for Schick razors after their hate-filled commercial against men. Will never touch any of their products again.

Typically shave with the razor one per week, but otherwise use an electric each day.

Bought a big pack of Gillette razors and foamy shave cream a while back at Coscos. Won't be buying anymore Gillette after they are done. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bought a big pack of Gillette razors and foamy shave cream a while back at Coscos. Won't be buying anymore Gillette after they are done. 

The bulk whole razors are horrible. Maybe good for traveling. 

I've tried and compared so many focking razors its ridiculous. 

Harry's- Coolest Looking, best handle, but razor "drags" on face.  I wanted these to be awesome, but they weren't.  7/10 as far as "shaving experience"

Gillete Fusion - Decent 7/10

Dorco  - Can get "5-blade" or "6-blade" razors at a great price.  Decent. 7/10

Barbasol - Decent.  Cheaper. 6/10

Viking Safety Razor - Straight blade, old school like Cdub said.  I think in theory they are awesome. I cut the fock out of myself. I don't have the patience.

Schick Hydro 5 - Cuts like Gillette, Harrys, Etc, but the drag is sooo much less.  Best razor's I've ever used.   9/10.  Only giving a 9 as to leave room, in case something else comes out.

If single blade are so good, why don't the big guys go back to the single blade, but put a nice lube strip on it, and make it be cheaper.  I've read that the blade count is marketing, and when you think about it in theory, the single blade can rinse easily and not get clogged as easily. I'm constantly rinsing my blades after about 1 stroke. 

I just use a trimmer.  Haven't used a blade in about 5 years.  :dunno:

When I did use a blade, I think it was a Gillete.

had beard full time for years now. trimmed like biweekly with wahl hair trimmers. the sissy beard trimmers don't cut it. neck/cleanup with a mach3 razor. one lasts me a year. beard getting real gray kinda sucks.

but since gilette is now gay im looking for other options.

This product area feels like the men's version of crap women waste their money on when it's all the same. I can't think of the best comparison at the moment but I'm sure there are several.

The fancy razor names, shave clubs, it's all a gimmicky. A Bic razor and Barbasol works just as well as anything. Might not be my personal preference but when I've used that combo I noticed little to no difference compared to a mach 3 and fancy shave gel.

Beard trimmers I'll give you. Having a good quality one makes a big difference.

• Like 1

Switched to Dollar Shave Club after my previous razors told me I was a piece o' sh1t. Been happy with the "executive" 6 blade and the shave butter. Use on both face and head. 

I simply tweeze all unwanted hairs, trim the rest. 😉

I swear, the next generation will see that GD Gillette commercial in its college courses.

34 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I swear, the next generation will see that GD Gillette commercial in its college courses.

Marketing 101 - How to drive away customers

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2019 at 6:33 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Do you really think fans here give a rat’s ass enough about that or are you retarded?  We have had 12 championships in this city since February of 2002. We are spoiled.

Even the many fake New York Teams (in NJ) can’t touch that. As a Pats fan for a long time, those Giants losses really don’t even register. You need to move past it.

3 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Do you really think fans here give a rat’s ass enough about that or are you retarded?  We have had 12 championships in this city since February of 2002. We are spoiled.

Even the many fake New York Teams (in NJ) can’t touch that. As a Pats fan for a long time, those Giants losses really don’t even register. You need to move past it.

Yeah right. Nice try clown shoes. 18-1? Meh, no big deal. Suuuuuure. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah right. Nice try clown shoes. 18-1? Meh, no big deal. Suuuuuure. 

Two weeks ago, I had my picture taken with all 6 SB trophies and then had 5 SB rings on my hand. The 3 losses didn’t even cross my mind. Sorry. 

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Two weeks ago, I had my picture taken with all 6 SB trophies and then had 5 SB rings on my hand. The 3 losses didn’t even cross my mind. Sorry. 

Then you're like a delusional child. That's how a child thinks. There's good and bad in everything. Accept it. Most devestating loss in football history and it's yours. 

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then you're like a delusional child. That's how a child thinks. There's good and bad in everything. Accept it. Most devestating loss in football history and it's yours. 

Do you think about the Yanks losing the ALCS after being up 3-0?  That is the most devastating loss in sports history (and it's yours).  Do you think about that all the time?  If so, you are a very sad man.  Of course, that would fit your online persona.  

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 11:10 AM, Filthy Fernadez said:

Dorco razor blades and no shaving cream. I dry shave after my shower (face mostly dry).

On 4/10/2019 at 11:15 AM, bandrus1 said:

This gives me anxiety just thinking about it

11 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Do you think about the Yanks losing the ALCS after being up 3-0?  That is the most devastating loss in sports history (and it's yours).  Do you think about that all the time?  If so, you are a very sad man.  Of course, that would fit your online persona.  

Yes, it bothers me. It's part of being a passionate fan. I'm not walking around acting like it didn't happen. Reality. Give it a shot. P.S. 2004 wasn't a championship game. 2007 was. Let's keep some perspective. 18-1, worst loss ever. Immortality was on the line. The Pats would have surpassed the 27 and 61 Yankees as the best teams ever in sports. Didn't happen 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes, it bothers me. It's part of being a passionate fan. I'm not walking around acting like it didn't happen. Reality. Give it a shot. P.S. 2004 wasn't a championship game. 2007 was. Let's keep some perspective. 18-1, worst loss ever. Immortality was on the line. The Pats would have surpassed the 27 and 61 Yankees as the best teams ever in sports. Didn't happen 

I guess I have perspective.  I was not on the team, so it wasn't like them winning or losing really impacted my life.  I don't measure myself by what the teams I follow do. I can't put it on my resume and it doesn't help pay my for kids' education.  If you want to live your life that way, go for it, but it really doesn't bother me either way.  

25 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I guess I have perspective.  I was not on the team, so it wasn't like them winning or losing really impacted my life.  I don't measure myself by what the teams I follow do. I can't put it on my resume and it doesn't help pay my for kids' education.  If you want to live your life that way, go for it, but it really doesn't bother me either way.  

Weren't you just saying you took a picture of yourself wearing some other guys rings? Lol. I never did anything close that fanboy shite. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Weren't you just saying you took a picture of yourself wearing some other guys rings? Lol. I never did anything close that fanboy shite. 

It is called entertainment.  You might want to try it sometime.  Enjoy yourself every once in a while and watch the games as entertainment.