Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Vox writer thanks progressives for misleading public that tax cuts only helped rich

https://freebeacon.com/politics/vox-writer-praises-progressives-for-misleading-americans-on-tax-cuts/

"Progressive groups did a really good job of convincing people that Trump raised their taxes," Yglesias said.

At the time, Democratic Party messaging insisted the bill was a catastrophe for the middle class. Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D., N.Y.) said "the middle class got the crumbs from the table." Sen. Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) claimed the proposal "socks it to the middle class." House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) said "[e]ighty-six million middle-class families will see a tax increase." In February, Sen. Kamala Harris (D., Calif.) called the tax change "a middle-class tax hike."

According to the Tax Policy Center, the average middle class family is keeping almost $1,000 which would have previously gone into government coffers.

Monday, Yglesias admitted the bill had in fact been a success. Despite Democratic insistence to the contrary, "the facts say a clear majority got a tax cut."

It depends on your situation....personally, my 2018 tax liability would have been about $3500 more if the tax law hadn't changed. They just withheld way too little from my paycheck, because I owe $1050. I think the gubmint focked up the withholding last year.

Look for CNN to double down on the party line.  No diversion from the ideological cult is permitted.

6 minutes ago, drobeski said:

You mean the liberal talking heads where wrong again ? 

I'm shocked

More like liberal drooling heads.