Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

How boring is your job?

I am in safety training to go to a new job site, which is painfully boring. It's about 2 days worth total. To get into a nuke, it's a week and it's torture. The actual work part isn't boring for me. I couldn't be in a static boring job. It would drive me nuts. 

My job is busy as fock so not boring in that sense, but I don't really give a shitte about the subject matter so real focking boring in that sense. 

New adventures everyday.  Cant imagine doing anything repetitive on a daily basis. On a scale from 1-10, its a 9 on excitement and coolness.

My "job" isn't. Morning meetings and RaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahRaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh lets get this over the top people!!!!!!!" meetings and emails make me want to fock a midget in front of her dying chihuahua.

Mine is a joke. I stand around in classrooms full of spoiled sh!thead teenagers. They largely ignore me completely.

Fortunately I work 2-3 hours a day, 9 months a year though. 

2 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

not really boring but after 25 years burn out is setting in.

Let it burn until you retire if you can.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Mine is a joke. I stand around in classrooms full of spoiled sh!thead teenagers. They largely ignore me completely.

Fortunately I work 2-3 hours a day, 9 months a year though. 

Brag post. EAT SH!T. :banana:

6 hours ago, kutulu said:

My job is busy as fock so not boring in that sense, but I don't really give a shitte about the subject matter so real focking boring in that sense. 

That was my struggle with my last one, although sometimes I advised teenagers in passing about various stuff, so there was a little shitte giving.

There was just no creative aspect to the role. Dry and really demanding.

Current job is the polar opposite, pretty close to ideal, in theory, but oddly the adjustment is uphill. Good uphill, just not smooth like I'd have assumed.

Boring? Not so much. 
Stressfull?  Wayyy to much. 

I guess I just worry about getting the sh1t done right and on time too much after hours. Taking ones job home with them sucks. I wish I knew how not to. 

I went in for site training. My drug test wasn't up to date so they wouldn't give me a badge to swipe in. I take the test, and then the lady tells me my company won't get the results till Monday. Which I will be getting paid until that happens. Tiiiiits

Not too boring, work in a creative field, same job everyday, but most projects are unique.   I'd say 30% is routine, same old thing, 50% will be interesting and 20% really pushes me to do something new, creative and edgy (just finished one of those projects).  The last ones are the fun but often the most stressful.   

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

It's not all that interesting really.  It's just what I do to pay the bills. 

This. I’m good at it, it’s easy and pays well. Lots of politics and personalities to navigate.

36 minutes ago, MDC said:

This. I’m good at it, it’s easy and pays well. Lots of politics and personalities to navigate.

It is really amazing how getting the coffee can be a career, but good for you!  :banana:

• Like 1

My job is not boring, but I always have more things to do than I have time for.  So, instead of working on things that are on the to-do list, I come here.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

It is really amazing how getting the coffee can be a career, but good for you!  :banana:

Worked out pretty well for Howard Schultz

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I went in for site training. My drug test wasn't up to date so they wouldn't give me a badge to swipe in. I take the test, and then the lady tells me my company won't get the results till Monday. Which I will be getting paid until that happens. Tiiiiits

Getting paid for doing nothing. That’s the Union way!

2 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Getting paid for doing nothing. That’s the Union way!

I didn't make up the rule. It's not my fault they take this long to process a drug test. And it's the customer who wants everyone drug tested. Not a union call here

I think "boring" is what you make of it.  Much of my job is boring but I'm exposed to tech that is coming out years from now.

:banana: So what, so what, so what, so what, :banana: you boring little kunt :banana:

Some days things switch up. Other days it's the same sh1t again and again. Whatever. It is what it is.

22 hours ago, MDC said:

I’m good at it, it pays well. Lots of politics and personalities to navigate.

This x10

Watching and picking out new fireworks every year,meeting and seeing a ton of people each season and helping a lot of them put together shows and best of all having return customers let you know how great their show was and how much they appreciated you and your staff taking the time to help them.Not boring whatsoever,in fact I only wished I could do it more than two weeks a year.