Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

Chris Davis - Spermoff: How would you fair?

Your BA  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Expected BA

• .001-.100
    • .101-.200
    • Above .200

If you were given 500-600 at bats vs random major league pitchers what do you think your batting average would be?

between .001 and .025

I sucked at hitting high school pitching..  So, maybe a I close my eyes and get one hit?

.001 - .100

Pure luck would give me at least 1 hit in 500 at bats I would assume. (Plus I played for 10 years)

8 minutes ago, Reality said:

I sucked at hitting high school pitching..  So, maybe a I close my eyes and get one hit?

Me too untila fter high school and we would go to batting cages and crank it to major league level. I figured out how to hit the ball. I was always swinging late before the batting cage. You had to commit to swinging. No one ever showed me that in school. It was easy when you knew the speed and that it was going to be right down the middle. Hitting a major league pitcher with stuff? It would probably be luck. But out of 500-600, I'd hit quite a few because I'd be swinging at every pitch and he's bound to put some in the strike zone.

Just now, SUXBNME said:

.001 - .100

Pure luck would give me at least 1 hit in 500 at bats I would assume. (Plus I played for 10 years)

Yup. I am thinking 3 out of 500 (pure luck)

Would be much more difficult when they all realized everyone could play infield depth

Are they throwing just all fastballs with no movement or using their entire arsenal?

28 minutes ago, posty said:

Are they throwing just all fastballs with no movement or using their entire arsenal?

Entire arsenal - game simulation type stuff. 

45 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Entire arsenal - game simulation type stuff. 

Ok...  Maybe one hit...  I would assume that I would get lucky and make contact with one pitch that might get away from them...

At my age, I couldn't do anything but if I was in my 20's, I could hit 150-200. 

ETA I accidently clicked the wrong button for the poll. 

3 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

I voted wrong. I could make CONTACT a few times, but I doubt I get on base with a full major league defense and 1st base being 90ft away. 

:thumbsup:

We could slap one into the left field corner and still get thrown out at first by half a step.

4 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

I voted wrong. I could make CONTACT a few times, but I doubt I get on base with a full major league defense and 1st base being 90ft away. 

Yeah, I didn't factor defense in either. I figured I could accidentally slop a couple into the field of play. But I'd never make it to base.

I hit 480 in college and played in ST 95 with the A's as a scab

right now I think I could hit around .050

but in my 20's I think I could hit 150-200 in the pros, I only k'd 3 times in HS and 5 times in college, I always put the ball in play

Ironically, my only 2 homers I hit in college came against guys who played in the pros (not as pitchers though)

one was a 98 mph fastball I took out to right center

At my current age 0.  In my athletic prime, I might have managed to hit .001-.100 

I used to go to a cage in Dallas that simulated a Nolan Ryan 100 mph fastball.  I was swinging before the ball was released and still whiffing and foul tipping most of them.    And those were all right down the middle.  

12 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I hit 480 in college and played in ST 95 with the A's as a scab

right now I think I could hit around .050

but in my 20's I think I could hit 150-200 in the pros, I only k'd 3 times in HS and 5 times in college, I always put the ball in play

Ironically, my only 2 homers I hit in college came against guys who played in the pros (not as pitchers though)

one was a 98 mph fastball I took out to right center

:lol:

At 52, I could still get a hit or 2 per 50 ABs.  

Davis is an absolute headcase.  Serious mental problems.  I hope he is getting help.

6 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

At 52, I could still get a hit or 2 per 50 ABs.  

Davis is an absolute headcase.  Serious mental problems.  I hope he is getting help.

"You've got to remember - I'm seventy-three."

Ty Cobb: On why he would only hit .300 against today's pitchers.

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I would probably hit .300 or so.  

Wow!  Color me impressed, sir.  :shocking:

58 minutes ago, Mookz said:

It is the Geek Club.  I have a huge peanus, bench 450 with one arm, have a super model wife, always win at FF and poker.  

1 hour ago, Mookz said:

Only 2 replies over .300

His right ball and his left.

You focks might get a foul ball with some luck. You would not get a hit because:

1. You wouldn’t make contact 

2. If you did it wouldn’t go fair

3. If it went fair, it would be fielded easily 

4. If it wasn’t fielded easily, you couldn’t even run to first with motorized help

13 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You focks might get a foul ball with some luck. You would not get a hit because:

1. You wouldn’t make contact 

2. If you did it wouldn’t go fair

3. If it went fair, it would be fielded easily 

4. If it wasn’t fielded easily, you couldn’t even run to first with motorized help

I still goto the cages every week, hit 80+ easily at 44 years old

I had a bet with my friend (I am 6'1 235) that I could break a 5.0 40, I ran it 3 times, 4.9, 4.8, 5.0  we didn't have hundreths

I am one of those big in shape guys if that makes sense, have lost 42 lbs in the last 8 months

25 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I still goto the cages every week, hit 80+ easily at 44 years old

I had a bet with my friend (I am 6'1 235) that I could break a 5.0 40, I ran it 3 times, 4.9, 4.8, 5.0  we didn't have hundreths

I am one of those big in shape guys if that makes sense, have lost 42 lbs in the last 8 months

I have no doubt on that. This is the Geek Club

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I have no doubt on that. This is the Geek Club

started going to cages last August once a week and exercising finally after sitting on my ass for 15 years and pushing 275

now that I have lost that much I want to lose a little more, and have started to build muscle back up.

seems like a lot of college athletes have problems when they stop playing sports, I quit playing baseball at 26

I played in college and I was okay.  Nothing special, not horrible.  Of course, that ended 15 years ago.  I said that I would hit between .001-.100.  I think I would probably get 2 or 3 hits in 500 at bats.  They would be soft liners to shallow outfield or pop ups in no mans land, but they would still count.

2 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I played in college and I was okay.  Nothing special, not horrible.  Of course, that ended 15 years ago.  I said that I would hit between .001-.100.  I think I would probably get 2 or 3 hits in 500 at bats.  They would be soft liners to shallow outfield or pop ups in no mans land, but they would still count.

I feel that way as well, I think I could put the ball in play 5 out of 20 times, and maybe 1 falls in out of those 5

500-600 is a lot of ABs, I feel like you could get lucky and put a few in play. Most of the geeks here would pull a hammy trying to run to first though.