Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

BOMB CYLONE GOES OFF in Midwest!

I hate that word/phrase.  "Bomb Cyclone"

It wasn't even a thing a few years back. Its the media's way of making click bait. 

BOMB GOES OFF!

Worst name since polar vortex.   Focking hate the media. 

Back in my day we called that a Cincinnati turn around

Pretty sure it was The weather channel that started naming winter storms. From a marketing standpoint, brillion. From a I want to gouge my ear balls out perspective, it's the worst.

Standing joke around here is the one of our local stations is in storm mode. Of course, they've been in the storm mode since 10 hours before the first snowflake fell. We're not entirely sure what store mode is, other than a bag of noxious graphic at the bottom of the screen or perhaps the upper left-hand corner, or perhaps both. But they mention it about 30 times an hour.

I have no idea why I drove into work today.  We got about a half foot of heavy wet stuff, compacted down to ice at all of the intersections.  Plus, all of the foreigners have no idea how to drive their Honda Civic in this stuff.

On 4/10/2019 at 8:49 PM, NorthernVike said:

Worst name since polar vortex.   Focking hate the media. 

Polar Vortex is another one.  Dumb.

Local media and weather people call them Winter Storms, and Blizzards, according to the classifications.  They don't ever use the term bomb cyclone or polar vortex. 

That being said....school was called off here because of snowstorm on October 10, 2018....and April 12, 2019.   6 focking months apart. HAS to be a record.  Oh the joys of living in ND. (Or SD or MN)

Here in SE Michigan the wind always blows west to east. Yesterday it was blowing hard from East to West which was weird.