Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Anyone thinking Kyler Murray won't go #1?

Kyler Murray is -590 odds to go first overall in the NFL draft.

Nick Bosa is +350 and Quinnen Williams is +1000. If Arizona keeps the #1 and doesn't want the QB, there is a lot of cash to be made.

I don't think teams are all crazy over Murray are they?

Maybe Arizona doesn't draft Murray, but he's still going #1.  Maybe Miami trading up? 

Why does everyone fight the fact that AZ is taking him #1?  I just dont get why people WANT it not to be true.  It is really bizarre to me.  

So SF and the Jets don't need a QB. The best 2 players in the draft are Bosa and Williams. By far. If Arizona trades down, they don't get one of those guys. Unless they get a king's ransom, why trade down?

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Why does everyone fight the fact that AZ is taking him #1?  I just dont get why people WANT it not to be true.  It is really bizarre to me.  

Not sure how it is a fact.

If Arizona want's Murray, they can trade down with Oakland and get him at 4. Oakland can get Bosa, Williams to SF, Allen to the Jets. 

Williams is the safest pick in this draft.

1 hour ago, sderk said:

Not sure how it is a fact.

Writing is on the wall and has been for months.

What are they going to do....hey sorry Rosen (who already has maturity issues) you were our guy all along.   We will try to fit you in our new coaches system (he doesnt fit at all).

Why go out hire a guy like Kliff.  Basically leave your already flawed QB out to dry for months.  Just to came back like nothing happened?  

Nothing in this world is 100%.  But most years we know the 1st pick months in advance.  This is no different.  Would be all time dumb if they did something else at this point and it would set their new coach up for faliure.

36 minutes ago, sderk said:

If Arizona want's Murray, they can trade down with Oakland and get him at 4. Oakland can get Bosa, Williams to SF, Allen to the Jets. 

Williams is the safest pick in this draft.

I dont think you have followed the draft much.  Gruden and Mayock would take Murray at 1 if they had the 1st overall pick. 

And even if the cards do want him they cant just move to 4.  What are you talking about?  A different team could just trade ahead of them.

Have you ever followed the draft?  

13 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I dont think you have followed the draft much.  Gruden and Mayock would take Murray at 1 if they had the 1st overall pick. 

And even if the cards do want him they cant just move to 4.  What are you talking about?  A different team could just trade ahead of them.

Have you ever followed the draft?  

Murray isn't even a first round talent. So why would Gruden want him? I could see Gruden wanting a possible great defensive player to replace the debacle trade of Mack. 

I don't think you have followed the draft much for teams that succeed in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

Murray isn't even a first round talent. So why would Gruden want him? I could see Gruden wanting a possible great defensive player to replace the debacle trade of Mack. 

I don't think you have followed the draft much for teams that succeed in the NFL. 

Gruden is said to love Murray.  Gruden waited how many years to return coaching and he is just using a damaged QB who wasnt his guy.  At some point he wants a QB and certainly would take Murray if given the chance.

Im not saying what should happen. Im telling you what has been clear for a while now.  They made their bed already.  Pretty hard to go back knowing the situation.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Writing is on the wall and has been for months.

What are they going to do....hey sorry Rosen (who already has maturity issues) you were our guy all along.   We will try to fit you in our new coaches system (he doesnt fit at all).

Why go out hire a guy like Kliff.  Basically leave your already flawed QB out to dry for months.  Just to came back like nothing happened?  

Nothing in this world is 100%.  But most years we know the 1st pick months in advance.  This is no different.  Would be all time dumb if they did something else at this point and it would set their new coach up for faliure.

I can't wait to watch Rosen pout like a little b1tch if he gets tossed aside. Guess he'll have to recalculate how many teams "made a mistake" by not drafting him. 

2 hours ago, sderk said:

So SF and the Jets don't need a QB. The best 2 players in the draft are Bosa and Williams. By far. If Arizona trades down, they don't get one of those guys. Unless they get a king's ransom, why trade down?

2 hours ago, sderk said:

I think Garoppolo gets more than 3 games to prove himself.... 

6 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I dont understand what NFL that GM's are watching that a 5'9 QB is the no 1 overall pick

Not to mention he is an Oklahoma QB.  Baker is the only one worth a damn in the last x amount of decades.  And he may end up injured like Bradford.

3 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Not to mention he is an Oklahoma QB.  Baker is the only one worth a damn in the last x amount of decades.  And he may end up injured like Bradford.

Bradford at least had the size to fall back on

basically the team that drafts him hopes he can be a smaller Russell Wilson, thats asking alot

31 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I dont understand what NFL that GM's are watching that a 5'9 QB is the no 1 overall pick

The one that is evolving into 2 hand tap?  

Actually they ARE paying attention for once.   

I used to be that guy who question the prototypes.  But the game has changed. 

Im not saying Murray is Russ Wilson.  But Wilsob is like less than 2 inches taller than him.  Maybe less than an inch.  Over the last several years Russell Wilson would be considered a top 5 QB in that span.  So not sure what height has to do with it.  Thr NFL today is more spread and college than it was even when Wilson came into the league.

I was also a big 12 basher since their track record for NFL QB was pathetic.  6 foot Baker Mayfield looks good and out to prove me wrong.  This kid stepped in last year with little experience and won the same trophy on the same team that Baker did.  Hence didnt skip a beat.  

The NFL today is made for small fast game changing talents.  

27 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Bradford at least had the size to fall back on

basically the team that drafts him hopes he can be a smaller Russell Wilson, thats asking alot

But why?  How many 5'10 QBs with his skills have we seen?  It isnt like the NFL has ran through tons of these guys and failed?  

Looking back I actually laugh at myself thinking height matters.  Brees is like 6 foot flat.  Baker 6 foot.  Russell like 5'11. 

What highly touted QB have come in at 6 foot or less and failed because they were short?  Any examples?  A lot of the small fast duel threat QBs came in not being able to throw the ball.

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

The one that is evolving into 2 hand tap?  

Actually they ARE paying attention for once.   

I used to be that guy who question the prototypes.  But the game has changed. 

Im not saying Murray is Russ Wilson.  But Wilsob is like less than 2 inches taller than him.  Maybe less than an inch.  Over the last several years Russell Wilson would be considered a top 5 QB in that span.  So not sure what height has to do with it.  Thr NFL today is more spread and college than it was even when Wilson came into the league.

I was also a big 12 basher since their track record for NFL QB was pathetic.  6 foot Baker Mayfield looks good and out to prove me wrong.  This kid stepped in last year with little experience and won the same trophy on the same team that Baker did.  Hence didnt skip a beat.  

The NFL today is made for small fast game changing talents.  

I understand what you are saying, I wouldnt bank my franchise on that small of a QB

I also wouldn't bank on Lamar Jackson either but the Ravens are doing that

29 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

AZ will take Murray. Redskins are going to trade a pick for Rosen. 

I actually read today that Skins arent too interested in him.  Have called to see what the price was but havent been actively talking to AZ about a trade.   

But ya never know what is real.   Maybe they have fallen in love with Lock or Jones.

25 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Giants will trade #37 overall for Rosen. Or 39 or whatever.

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I understand what you are saying, I wouldnt bank my franchise on that small of a QB

I also wouldn't bank on Lamar Jackson either but the Ravens are doing that

Well Jackson is bigger and I worry more about his health for thr simple fact he cant throw.  Murray can throw the ball.  If he plays under control then I see no real worry.  He will be making quick throws and running away from defenders not sitting lame in the pocket taking shots.  

Josh Allen is a big focker.  But if he keeps running arounf like he did last year he will be injured.  He actually got injured from the pocket last year ironically enough.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Well Jackson is bigger and I worry more about his health for thr simple fact he cant throw.  Murray can throw the ball.  If he plays under control then I see no real worry.  He will be making quick throws and running away from defenders not sitting lame in the pocket taking shots.  

Josh Allen is a big focker.  But if he keeps running arounf like he did last year he will be injured.

I do think Murray having a baseball background helps alot, seems those type of guys know how to slide and avoid contact better

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

Im hoping giants sit at 6 take BPA then trade up to 12 with the Packers from 17 to draft Lock or Jones.  

Id like the Packers to move back a little. They are right on the cusp of potentially missing a stud talent or possibly having a stud talent drop.  

44 minutes ago, sderk said:

Not according to reports. We'll see. 

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

That will be hilarious. I was hoping either DC or the NYG trade for Rosen. Because he sucks. GMen will probably extend Eli for 5 years though.

If Murray goes to the Cardinals, you could make a case that the NFC champs have the worst QB in the division.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, riversco said:

If Murray goes to the Cardinals, you could make a case that the NFC champs have the worst QB in the division.

You could, but you would look stupid. 

10 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Im hoping giants sit at 6 take BPA then trade up to 12 with the Packers from 17 to draft Lock or Jones.  

Id like the Packers to move back a little. They are right on the cusp of potentially missing a stud talent or possibly having a stud talent drop.  

I wouldn't be so sure on Lock. He beat up on some weak opponents and didn't seem to play nearly as well against real teams. I think he will be a flat bust. 

9 hours ago, MDC said:

That will be hilarious. I was hoping either DC or the NYG trade for Rosen. Because he sucks. GMen will probably extend Eli for 5 years though.

I think he's better than a lot of the qbs who will be drafted on the first this year. A second for Rosen would be a pretty fair deal

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I wouldn't be so sure on Lock. He beat up on some weak opponents and didn't seem to play nearly as well against real teams. I think he will be a flat bust. 

Im not projecting him in the nfl.

I simply said I hope a team like the giants are interested so Packers have trading partners.

Is this thing on? Mic check mic check

I think he's better than a lot of the qbs who will be drafted on the first this year. A second for Rosen would be a pretty fair deal

Nor so sure about this.  I mean maybe he is maturing but was said already last year that he didnt prep like an NFL QB is supposed to.  He came in with maturity issues.  Yeah yeah ive heard hes some into the building early this year yadda yadda.  Making himself look good for a potential team to trade for him.

I dont love this class of QBs.   It isnt last years class.  But Haskins is on par.  Kyler Murray in the right system has way more upside.  Jones and Lock....meh.  

I havent followed this class as much as last years.  Rosen has a nice arm.  But his maturity gives me a big pause.  

For a second sure. If I were a qb needy team I would rather draft my guy than trade for Zonas cast off though.

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I havent followed this class as much as last years.  Rosen has a nice arm.  But his maturity gives me a big pause.  

You're another long suffering Bills fan, right?  I'm so glad Buffalo didn't take Rosen as I would've had a difficult time rooting for that smug little doosh. Allen may never develop into a superstar, but he definitely fits right in with the blue collar Western NY attitude.  Hard not to like the kid.

21 minutes ago, DonS said:

You're another long suffering Bills fan, right?  I'm so glad Buffalo didn't take Rosen as I would've had a difficult time rooting for that smug little doosh. Allen may never develop into a superstar, but he definitely fits right in with the blue collar Western NY attitude.  Hard not to like the kid.

I think Allen will be fine. The Bills and the Jets may just have themselves some future.

44 minutes ago, MDC said:

For a second sure. If I were a qb needy team I would rather draft my guy than trade for Zonas cast off though.

That's all and good unless that rookie turns out to be yet another overhyped qb who sucks. Rosen may be that guy, but he has just as much potential as any rookie besides Murray imo

56 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Im not projecting him in the nfl.

I simply said I hope a team like the giants are interested so Packers have trading partners.

Is this thing on? Mic check mic check

Ahh ok. The way your post was worded was a little confusing. 

39 minutes ago, DonS said:

No but I know the area and know the fans.  

I paid attention to that class much more last year since it was the buzz in Buffalo and with my friends.  It was their year to get a guy so I was locked in.

Allen.  I dont know.  I really hope his big tough "blue collar" style isnt the only thing he has.  Buffalo needs to quit being sold on that and strive for better.  I like the kid.  And as much as I knew he could run around I wasnt expecting that level of legs.  But his throwing was as advertised.  (But hey I dont judge soley on a rookie year).  But he looked like how he was scouted.  Inaccurate.  Hit or miss timing with WRs.  When all else fails run around and chuck it up for grabs.   

I hope they can really work with him and unlock something.  I understand his cast around him was no good but that wasnt the whole thing.  He is a raw talent and that was his scoutimg report all along.  I lile him.  He has all the tools.  Seems like a great competitor.  

I Just hope he can throw.  I hope it doesnt turn into "oh he isnt a traditional good passer...but hes tough!".  

• Like 1