Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Meal prep ideas that don’t need a fridge or microwave

4 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

OMG. You goofs could over complicate a one car funeral. 

A banana is pre-packaged: eat it. 

Granola. They sell it in big bins at Sprouts. Eat that. 

An apple. You bite it, chew and swallow.

Water. Drink. 

Yea but that’s not a whole lot of food or nutrients. I’ll need something to get me through the day. Cold, cooked chicken breast is always a staple but I’m just looking for more of a variety. I don’t necessarily HAVE to eat at noon but around that time is usually when I’m hungry. 

get a little cooler.  bring whatever wrap/sandwich you like.  granola/yogurt. salads. cheeses. cooler gives you options.

30 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Water. Drink. 

Eat that and then suck some D!ck. Do not forget to cradle his balls

4 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

Water. Drink. 

Sounds terrible. A load of carbs to weigh someone down

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Sounds terrible. A load of carbs to weigh someone down

If you tried to harm yourself by avoiding protein, you would fail. 

2 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

If you tried to harm yourself by avoiding protein, you would fail. 

I just know because that was literally what I used to eat. A banana in the morning with my shake. Yogurt, Granola and an apple for break at 930 am. My day was so loaded with carbs that I felt a crash before lunch. 

Allrighty, seriously:

Those packets of tuna are great. F the cans. Plus, they come in different flavors. Sweet Thai is great. But many kinds. 

Bring either celery sicks or crackers. 

Solid protein, not heavy. Very convenient. 

Yw

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I just know because that was literally what I used to eat. A banana in the morning with my shake. Yogurt, Granola and an apple for break at 930 am. My day was so loaded with carbs that I felt a crash before lunch. 

Good response. fair enough. It would not effect me, like it did you. I steamed a lot of vegetables and ate fruit. No fruit juice. I did that for about two years. Kept 30 pounds off and felt great. 

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Maybe you just have a sensitive body.

I just eat low fat healthy foods and add in daily exercise. Not hard to do at all.

14 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Maybe you just have a sensitive body.

I may. The difference in how I feel is pretty drastic. If I eat too many carbs before I go to sleep, I won't sleep well and my heart will race. If I eat a low carb diet, my heart rate will drop pretty significantly.

15 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I may. The difference in how I feel is pretty drastic. If I eat too many carbs before I go to sleep, I won't sleep well and my heart will race. If I eat a low carb diet, my heart rate will drop pretty significantly.

Could be because you are so strict on diet that your body is rejecting nutrients it isnt used to having.

I try to eat a well balanced diet.  I typically "fast" unintentionally.  I just have no desire for food until noonish each day.   I can see a carb crash.  After like chicken alfredo.  But an apple and a piece of toast?  Come on.   I eat plenty of carbs and honestly dont eat often.  I eat when Im hungry.  I dont snack much either.  I have never experienced this quick turn around hunger from eating carbs.  Not a bag of chips or candy.  We are talking real food with carbs.  

I was on BP meds for 10 years for no reason.  Quack doc put.me on a low dose BP med when I was 19.   I quit them when not once but the 2nd time my meds had a recall for cancer causing properties in batches from china.  I made sure to check my BP often if that was my route and it is consistantly 112-120.  65-75.   My heart rate is always slightly below 60 and I dont exercise much.  

I do have trouble sleeping however and that will be my downfall in health. It is probably much more important than simple diet changes or so I have read.

19 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Could be because you are so strict on diet that your body is rejecting nutrients it isnt used to having.

I try to eat a well balanced diet.  I typically "fast" unintentionally.  I just have no desire for food until noonish each day.   I can see a carb crash.  After like chicken alfredo.  But an apple and a piece of toast?  Come on.   I eat plenty of carbs and honestly dont eat often.  I eat when Im hungry.  I dont snack much either.  I have never experienced this quick turn around hunger from eating carbs.  Not a bag of chips or candy.  We are talking real food with carbs.  

I was on BP meds for 10 years for no reason.  Quack doc put.me on a low dose BP med when I was 19.   I quit them when not once but the 2nd time my meds had a recall for cancer causing properties in batches from china.  I made sure to check my BP often if that was my route and it is consistantly 112-120.  65-75.   My heart rate is always slightly below 60 and I dont exercise much.  

I do have trouble sleeping however and that will be my downfall in health. It is probably much more important than simple diet changes or so I have read.

Just one of those items won't give me a carb crash, but there are a lot of carbs in a piece of toast and an apple. I just contend that those two items are so unfulfilling, especially after fasting, that there is no point eating them. Even with whole grains, carbs are such an inefficient source of energy. The body burns them up quickly.

I am not without carbs in my diet by any means because it's tough to quit. I just know that I feel my best by a long shot when they are really limited

Got some quinoa salad to pair with chicken breasts. Gonna grill the chicken and just put it in a big lunchbox/small cooler with an ice pack to keep it cool along with the quinoa and some blueberries. 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Got some quinoa salad to pair with chicken breasts. Gonna grill the chicken and just put it in a big lunchbox/small cooler with an ice pack to keep it cool along with the quinoa and some blueberries. 

The hard part is grilling the quinoa.

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

The hard part is grilling the quinoa.

Got it from Costco already cooked. They tend to have a lot of healthy options there already premade. Was pissed I couldn’t find those giant lobster claws there 

Wegman's is the best grocery store in the country. Just got back from one. Awesome.

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

Wegman's is the best grocery store in the country. Just got back from one. Awesome.

They had one near Baltimore when I went for the first time. For as nice as the place is, the prices usually aren't too bad