Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Serious replies only please

If the politically correct terminology for werewolf is  Lycan American,

What is the term for vampires? Nosferatu American?

Are mirrors a microaggression?

Is scheduling your gender reveal party during day light hours insensitive?

should public schools be required to banish all garlic from their meal preparations?

Is the term bloodsucker hate-speech? 

should silver bullets and stakes over four inches long be regulated?

Does Buffy glorify Hate Crimes?

I don’t know that I’ve ever had a more intense desire for an actress/fictional character as I Buffy Summers. Just remembering how in love with her I was is a bit maddening to think about. 

I'm sorry, Buffy didn't do it for me. Among other things, she just had no body. There's literally nothing seemed feminine or attractive.

now, Charisma Carpenter? Woof. She would make a good dog break his leash.

And let's not forget Evil Willow. Damn.😍

And then of course there was Eliza Dushku. I think it was that whole leather tuscadero voice thing. Plus she was a dirty dirty tramp.

But the one that really got my motor started? Julie Benz. Golly, there's just something about her. Loved her in the Rambo film too.

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

I'm sorry, Buffy didn't do it for me. I'm on my other things, she just had nobody. There's literally nothing seemed feminine or attractive.

now, Charisma Carpenter? Woof. She would make a good dog break his leash.

And let's not forget Evil Willow. Damn.😍

And then of course there was Eliza Dushku. I think it was that whole leather tuscadero voice thing. Plus she was a dirty dirty tramp.

But the one that really got my motor started? Julie Benz. Golly, there's just something about her. Loved her in the Rambo film too.

When the show first started, I was all about Charisma Carpenter. She definitely was the leader in terms of just being drop dead gorgeous. But as the seasons progressed, I simply couldn’t stop dreaming of Buffy. At the time, I wasn’t conscious of why. But as I learned more about the whats and whys of who I want to make aggressive love to, it’s pretty simple. 

Charisma Carpenter: 5’7

Sarah Michelle Gellar: 5’4

I do have to admit though, the introduction of Faith had a hell of an impact on my feelings. I wasn’t in love with her like I was Buffy, but I wanted to have intercourse with her just as strongly. It’s as if she was the bad girl i wanted to cheat on Buffy with....although as strong as the love for B was, I’d have likely remained no loyal. 

Buffy got more and more annoying to me. I mean, her friends are going out of their way, risking their lives, doing all sorts of stuff and would it kill you to say please or thank you once in awhile?

Not to mention the whole I am the only one nonsense. Really? You're really not.

Ben the endless droning speeches. Hell, even the show itself started making fun of her for that.

And, let's not forget that her stunt double got fatter and fatter every episode. They couldn't find one fit chick in Los Angeles? Did they really have to slap a blonde wig on Danny DeVito?

But really, it was the fact that she was just such an ungrateful b**** all the time. I mean, Xander lost a freaking I for Christ's sake. You couldn't manage to be nice to him for 5 minutes? That constant "uckkk, you people are so stupid and I am so Slayer!"

She really was a self-involved little twat.

Still, the Scrappy Doo of the bunch was indeed Dawn.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Buffy got more and more annoying to me. I mean, her friends are going out of their way, risking their lives, doing all sorts of stuff and would it kill you to say please or thank you once in awhile?

Not to mention the whole I am the only one nonsense. Really? You're really not.

Ben the endless droning speeches. Hell, even the show itself started making fun of her for that.

And, let's not forget that her stunt double got fatter and fatter every episode. They couldn't find one fit chick in Los Angeles? Did they really have to slap a blonde wig on Danny DeVito?

But really, it was the fact that she was just such an ungrateful b**** all the time. I mean, Xander lost a freaking I for Christ's sake. You couldn't manage to be nice to him for 5 minutes? That constant "uckkk, you people are so stupid and I am so Slayer!"

She really was a self-involved little twat.

Still, the Scrappy Doo of the bunch was indeed Dawn.

Maybe B wasn’t as great at the thank you’s, but cut her a break.....She was forced to kill her boyfriend right after he regained his soul.. and if that’s not enough, her friends literally ripped her out of heaven. Now I don’t personally believe in heaven, but if I’m wrong and it exists, I bet it’s nice. 

So sure she wasn’t always as polite as she could be. And maybe she was a bit self involved at times. But show me a hot teenage girl that isn’t selfish, particularly back around the less woke turn of the millennium. And this hot teenage girl at least saved the world like 5 times, which is more substance than the mean girls in my graduating class had going for them. 

• Thanks 1

[posty] I've never seen this show. [/posty]

I've heard of it of course.  Looks like it debuted in 1997 when I was 30 and my son was 1, so I was probably watching entertaining shows like the Teletubbies and Barney.  :cry:

So the premise is that hot chicks kill other soulless eternal hot chicks?  :dunno:

Virtually guaranteed that equal marriage rights for vampires and werewolves is a major party plank for the Democrats in 2020.

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

[posty] I've never seen this show. [/posty]

I've heard of it of course.  Looks like it debuted in 1997 when I was 30 and my son was 1, so I was probably watching entertaining shows like the Teletubbies and Barney.  :cry:

So the premise is that hot chicks kill other soulless eternal hot chicks?  :dunno:

Me either. I knew it was around before I'd left for China but I never tuned in, the name of the show gave me the same premise idea that you're going over and I was like, meh, mindless drivel, I'd rather watch Big Brother.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Me either. I knew it was around before I'd left for China but I never tuned in, the name of the show gave me the same premise idea that you're going over and I was like, meh, mindless drivel, I'd rather watch Big Brother.

Yeah, the title was off-putting. I missed the first season until I started dating a girl who is really into it. But the show was pretty revolutionary for its time. It was the brain child of Josh Whedon who is now just an uber superstar on all kinds of franchises. Others went on to be huge behind the scenes with shows like walking Dead etcetera.

You know how a lot of shows have done musical episodes? Buffy brought that.

Hell, they even did one episode without dialogue. And it was great! Pretty revolutionary stuff .

Even long-term, multi season story arcs and character development, things we take for granted today, weren't that common, and certainly not in that genre. 

Not to geek out, but even listening to some of the commentary on Game of thrones this weekend, damned if they didn't reference Buffy as their touchstone. It's spawned a lot of the things we're seeing these days. And, just like a coaching tree in the NFL, damned if a lot of the people that came from Buffy didn't go on to do some fantastic work in all kinds of other shows.

And, while Joss is known as a huge believer in women's empowerment, damned if two of the most prolific male actors of our time, Nathan fillion and David boreanaz didn't come to us thanks to Jos's vision.

Okay, so I officially geeked out. But they actually teach college courses on this kind of stuff. It wouldn't be an overstatement to say that Joss Whedon did for television in the late 90s what Steven bochco did in the 80s. Only Whedon went on to the big screen with huge success.

But God almighty, the movie that predated it? That was a horrendous piece of crap. And that had nothing to do with anyone associated with the tv show.

23 hours ago, wiffleball said:

You are implying that this would be limited to th U.S.  Political correctness knows no bounds.  I believe the term you are seeking is: Government

Not if you're blind.

No (how would exotic dancers make a living?)

should public schools be required to banish all garlic from their meal preparations?

Only if the meal is government funded (see question 1)

Not yet

This is outdated thinking based on old stereotypes....frankly, I am offended.

• Like 1

you're no George Carlin

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

you're no George Carlin

yeah....I think it has been well established that I am Jeff Van Gundy.

On 4/14/2019 at 8:17 AM, wiffleball said:

In all seriousness... the politically correct term is mentally disabled.

• Haha 1