Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Won't you be my Neighbor?

Did anybody watch this movie, documentary?

I had seen other documentaries like this, but oh my God how incredibly prescient Fred Rogers was. In the very first week of his show, he did a show on how King Friday built a wall because he was afraid of all the changes that we're going on and he was 'on top' and he wanted to stay that way.

I mean, that just blows my mind. And I'm sure the 4chan Fox News crew will find a way to declare that Fred Rogers was part of the liberal media establishment when television was about 4 minutes old , but that's a pretty incredible moment. His first shows 50 years ago? Were as relevant if not more so today than back then.

Something I have been thinking recently that's somewhat related.  How long until community college kids decide they want to go to an Ivy League school and just sorta show up en masse one day.  Maybe get the likes of an Al Sharpton involved to get the bussing organized and it becomes a thing nationwide.  Or do the same thing with the poor kids stuck in these shithole inner city schools.  Maybe they want to go to the private school where the rich kids go.  All you gotta do is show up, that's the new rule.  I can't focking wait until this happens.  It's going to be fun to watch.

I think we tend to think that ours is the most difficult and complex time. Then you see him do a show about Bobby Kennedy's assassination, and all the things that went on when I was a kid, and the challenges and fears and just plain new unheard-of things that Fred Rogers helped kids understand back then is again, astounding.

6 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so did the king build a wall, or was he overrun by peasants and his town turned to crap

Yeah, will need a follow up on how it turned out.