Sign in to follow this  
BiPolarBear

Cassowary Kills Owner

I knew about cassowary, when I took my kids to a Halloween event at a wild animal park close to Thurmont, MD. The woman that owned the place led us around in the dark and talked about the animals nocturnal habits. I knew we were close to the Cassowary pin, at one point, and stepped over to see if I could find the bird in the darkness. I did. It was too close for comfort; staring at me eye to eye. I backed up. 

https://vancouversun.com/news/weird/killer-cassowary-worlds-most-dangerous-bird-kills-florida-owner/wcm/1fbed275-9010-40e2-bd0b-408e1ba7737e

I saw this yesterday and googled to watch a video.  Those fockers look crazy.  I can't imagine wanting to own one.  I don't feel too sorry for this guy.  As someone on Youtube dubbed them, the New Guinea Murder Chicken.

• Haha 1

I bought some new Cassoway irons a few weeks back. The Apex’s, forged, etc, and they are focking sweet. 

The guy was 75 years old. He most likely died of a heart attack and the giant bird figured f you dude. Keep me in a pen. Watch this. 

28 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

So, we're basically talking those little bastards from Jurassic Park right?

Yes, the Velociraptor. They had that one oversized claw on each hind leg, to gut their prey. My favorite part in the original Jurassic Park movie, is when the Velociraptor breathes on the glass on the kitchen door and hazes it up showing that it was warm blooded.

15 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

This is a raptor pretty much, just without carnivore instincts. 

You are correct. They are mostly fruit eaters, but they do eat a few vertebrates. They get their aggression from being extremely territorial. They will press the fight, if they feel you are in their space. 

1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

Yes, the Velociraptor. They had that one oversized claw on each hind leg, to gut their prey. My favorite part in the original Jurassic Park movie, is when the Velociraptor breathes on the glass on the kitchen door and hazes it up showing that it was warm blooded.

Were dinosaurs cold blooded? They are more closely related to birds than reptiles, right? 

If you own any "pet" referred to as the most dangerous of its kind....well....you accept this outcome....

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

If you own any "pet" referred to as the most dangerous of its kind....well....you accept this outcome....

Seriously. We had the most dangerous short-haired Dachshund you ever did see. Man, he could hump a leg like R. Kelly at Junior Prom.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

So this focking thing is just an evolved raptor with that dagger.

I blame John Hammond. 

Yes. I mean, the thing looks like its right out of the pages of some dinosaur book, and if it was the only dinosaur that survived...lets' give it some room shall we?

14 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Were dinosaurs cold blooded? They are more closely related to birds than reptiles, right? 

At the time of the movie, there were largely assumed to be cold-blooded. It is still debated, along with a third choice of being somewhat able to influence their body temperature. I have read that birds are just dinosaurs that continued to evolve. 

23 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

At the time of the movie, there were largely assumed to be cold-blooded. It is still debated, along with a third choice of being somewhat able to influence their body temperature. I have read that birds are just dinosaurs that continued to evolve. 

I think the evidence to support this is pretty compelling.