wiffleball

Notre Dame on Fire

18 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Gonna be nearly impossible to rule it arson. Even if the intent is there, there are so many ways to make a fire appear accidental.  

Jewish lightning. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, wiffleball said:

can I wait till the smoke clears before going out to Snopes to blow the crap out of virtually everything that 90's crybaby posted?

God, we have learned nothing. Here let me make my $75 by stealing a story from the troll farm. did you know that somebody tried to burn down the pedo pizza parlor last night too? Coincidence?

How long does it take for the smoke to clear?

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

How long does it take for the smoke to clear?

And not a single hare-brained conspiracy theory lasted even 24 hours .

17 hours ago, wiffleball said:

can I wait till the smoke clears before going out to Snopes to blow the crap out of virtually everything that 90's crybaby posted?

We have nothing to worry about...  You won't know how to post the link to show us this "proof"...

10 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

What conspiracy? I just posted all of the links to the previous church attacks in France. 

I bet it was done but muslims, but the french being the homos they are will cover it up. No way they will admit it was wrong to let all those fockers invade their country and all of Europe. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Good Lord man......are you deaf, dumb & blind?

12 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I bet it was done but muslims, but the french being the homos they are will cover it up. No way they will admit it was wrong to let all those fockers invade their country and all of Europe. 

It would be far to much of an embarrassment to Macron to ever give a hint of it being Muslims. We all know who did it. 

President Donald Trump on Monday encouraged France to use "flying water tankers" to put out a raging fire at the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris as firefighters rushed to save one of the country's most visited landmarks and local officials called for those nearby to evacuate the scene.

Read: Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral is on fire

"So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris," the president wrote. "Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!"

Thanks Don. :lol:

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

And not a single hare-btained conspiracy theory lasted even 24 hours .

The Collusion conspiracy lasted 2.5 years.

You guys are better at this :(

Rachel-Q-Maddow

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

The symbolism of the place, the presence of all those Muslims, the frequency of terrorist attacks, the frequency of attacks on French Catholic churches, and the occurrence during Holy Week makes it just smell fishy. It may very well be a real accident, but if it's not, it will be presented to us as one.

Occam's Razor says that the simplest answer is usually the right one.  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:
Pretty sure the Beatles do a song about all the lonely people:

America! 🇺🇸

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

I don’t understand way some of you are so afraid of Jesus Christ and what he taught?

jeezus was the first sand digger to try to spread gospel

18 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Well that's different, usually he prefers to appear on toast, or oil slicks.

That explains why I started seeing Ruth bader Ginsburg in my potato chips.

37 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Well that's different, usually he prefers to appear on toast, or oil slicks.

It's strange how so many on this site put down religion. I get it if people go whacko and start killing others in the name of whatever reason, religious or not, but belief in a higher power has been around since the beginning of time and is really actually a good thing in a lot of ways. I mean, if everyone was like a lot of folks on this site and only have "morals" based on law and they don't want to go to prison, what is that? What if you were born into a Qatar family?

It's up to everyone to decide or go through their own experiences, but leave others alone unless they go nuts..  

2 hours ago, sderk said:

It's strange how so many on this site put down religion. I get it if people go whacko and start killing others in the name of whatever reason, religious or not, but belief in a higher power has been around since the beginning of time and is really actually a good thing in a lot of ways. I mean, if everyone was like a lot of folks on this site and only have "morals" based on law and they don't want to go to prison, what is that? What if you were born into a Qatar family?

It's up to everyone to decide or go through their own experiences, but leave others alone unless they go nuts..  

its because of two things

religion was only created to control the masses thru fear and promises of afterlife

all religions eventually become mythology

I don't care if people are religious or not, they are all stupid and hypocritical

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

its because of two things

religion was only created to control the masses thru fear and promises of afterlife

all religions eventually become mythology

I don't care if people are religious or not, they are all stupid and hypocritical

I don't agree. I don't think religion was created to control. I think it was needed to manage personal approach to life. Sure, people use it poorly, kind of like a drug, but some drugs save lives. And haven't you ever questioned things in the big picture? 

1 minute ago, sderk said:

I don't agree. I don't think religion was created to control. I think it was needed to manage personal approach to life. Sure, people use it poorly, kind of like a drug, but some drugs save lives. And haven't you ever questioned things in the big picture? 

the most I have ever swayed is going from being Athiest to Agnostic and back and forth, I have been attending church for the last 3 years, but I just don't buy into it.

I could almost get on bored with the giant science experiment more than I can get on bored with any of the modern religions.  

I have studied theology for 25 years though, my biggest interest with initially in Greek and Roman mythology, studied the ancient Egyptian belief system.

All religions are created out of need, bottom line.  I dont believe there is a heaven or hell, and I highly doubt there is a supreme creator, and if there is, well then he gives me the freedom to feel this way, and I am not going to be locked out of heaven (Christians) cause I don't buy Jesus as a personal savior.  If there is a God then I think your life speaks for itself as your entrance, not what book you chose to follow

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sderk said:

Religion is 100% about power and money. Let's look at the major players...

Christianity - The Catholic church. For much of western history, refused to allow translation of the word of god into a language people could read. Why? So you're dependent on them. They also were a quasi second government, with their own taxes, rents, courts, and everything else. They ruthlessly attempted to squash any competition (crusades, inquisitions). All of the cathedrals, the vatican, etc., all pretty much built on slave labor. To this day, it is illegal to divorce or have an abortion in numerous countries because the catholic church.

They were the carrot to the king's stick. They both made your temporal life one of misery and toil... but the church promised you a better one in the next life... if you either obey, or purchase an expensive get out of jail free card.

The protestants cleaned up some of the more ridiculous bullsh!t, but go to any small southern town, and the way they use Jesus to gain personal power and wealth is as plain as day.

Islam - As regards to women, the control is obvious. To this day, they use focking apps to track their wives and block them from being able to travel. Saudi women gained the ability to drive like a year ago.

They used Islam as the way to incite the masses into conquest. The Sultan started calling himself a caliph as well, and they burst forth from the sands of arabia to conquer everything from southern spain to central asia. And of course, became incredibly rich in the process.

Islam controls your diet, your schedule (prayer times), and a host of other personal issues.

Judaism - Judaism controls ones life to ridiculous degree, depending on how orthodox one is. From atire, to haircut, to diet, to schedule, it is all controlled, and you will be shunned if you disobey.

Jehovas Witness, Mormons, Scientologists... all the same old bullsh!t.

Religion is a disease. Sure, your garden variety American Christianity is a benign one. Its psoriasis. Its annoying. Its unsightly. But it ain't gonna kill ya. Islam is brain cancer.

There are several reasons why "The West" won. Why a small population of people on the fringes of the known world with no extraordinary resources at their disposal were able to pretty much conquer and culturally dominate the entire globe.

But the #1 reason? More so than any other culture, we rejected concepts like "fate" and "the will of heaven" and "god's plan" and got off our dead asses, learned new things, invented new things, and kicked ass with them.

That is why religion sucks. It is designed to subvert the will of man and turn it over to a God, via the money grubbing power hungry institution which purports to represent said god. It is designed to keep the masses lazy, poor, and stupid. The west is the only place it has largely, but not entirely, failed. Thank your non existent god for that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Religion is 100% about power and money. 

I don't agree. That would be like saying any form of government is about power and money. Any form of relationship is about self preservation. Any form of friendship is about personal gain. Etc...

People use situations for some things for personal reasons, but it doesn't mean the source is bad. Religion was not "created" as a tool for control. It was needed and then at time is corrupted by some at different points in time just like relationships sometimes are bastardized. 

27 minutes ago, sderk said:

I don't agree. That would be like saying any form of government is about power and money. Any form of relationship is about self preservation. Any form of friendship is about personal gain. Etc...

People use situations for some things for personal reasons, but it doesn't mean the source is bad. Religion was not "created" as a tool for control. It was needed and then at time is corrupted by some at different points in time just like relationships sometimes are bastardized. 

Who “created” religion and for what reason?

7 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

That's a pretty big topic. Do you have a starting point or do we need to go back a few thousand years to begin this? Maybe you are just trying to be funny or maybe you really don't know the history of this and/or don't know human nature. Which is fine but not sure by your question.

4 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Such a beautiful setup ... but given the circumstances, I'm really not in the mood to spike the ball.

can we get back to the fire?

2 minutes ago, taco breath said:

can we get back to the fire?

I think it's out

7 hours ago, sderk said:

That's a pretty big topic. Do you have a starting point or do we need to go back a few thousand years to begin this? Maybe you are just trying to be funny or maybe you really don't know the history of this and/or don't know human nature. Which is fine but not sure by your question.

You profess to know why religion was NOT created thus I assumed you knew why it was and it’s rightful creator should be given the the credit.

Easy peasy.

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

You profess to know why religion was NOT created thus I assumed you knew why it was and it’s rightful creator should be given the the credit.

Easy peasy.

It's not easy peasy. Religion and humanity are complex. 

11 minutes ago, kutulu said:

I think it's out

Amid the ashes, France vows 'resurrection' for Notre Dame

There is video surfacing........I'll post it as soon as I get it.