Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Veterans: Anyone do Space-A vacations?

Looking at them tonight and seeing week long stays for $349 for the week. That’s per unit not per person. So wife and I could essentially stay in places like Italy, Japan, Fiji, Germany, etc for that price. Wanted to see if anyone else has looked into it or actually done one that could give me some info on how it was, extra expenses, if what I’m reading is correct, etc. 

11 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I always heard it was easy to get bumped if someone with orders needed your spot.

Yeah, that's what Space-A means, space available.

We're going, but we can't guarantee your seat.

As for the OP. No. I don't think I qualify. I think that's for active duty or retirees, not one-and-done people. I should probably look into it since when I visit the US now, I stay with my sister who lives a two minute drive from the gates of an Air National Guard base.

36 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Yeah, that's what Space-A means, space available.

We're going, but we can't guarantee your seat.

As for the OP. No. I don't think I qualify. I think that's for active duty or retirees, not one-and-done people. I should probably look into it since when I visit the US now, I stay with my sister who lives a two minute drive from the gates of an Air National Guard base.

Oh so it’s only for active and retirees? I remember Space-A back when I was in but I couldn’t remember much. Guy I know turned me on to the AFVClub and they had the Space-A on there so I got to looking last night real quick. Need to look into it more cause the vacations are cheaper than normal on there apparently 

Armedforcesvationclub.com

Some are good some are bad just double check trip advisor before booking.

47 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Armedforcesvationclub.com

Some are good some are bad just double check trip advisor before booking.

Yep. That’s what I’m looking at. And yea veterans can use the Space-A as well. 

9 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Yep. That’s what I’m looking at. And yea veterans can use the Space-A as well. 

Wow, that's awesome news. My sister house abuts a field set aside as a 'crash zone' where the planes fly over when they come in to land. We can be in her backyard pushing the kids on the swings and see the planes so close that I can read the words written sides.

28 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Wow, that's awesome news. My sister house abuts a field set aside as a 'crash zone' where the planes fly over when they come in to land. We can be in her backyard pushing the kids on the swings and see the planes so close that I can read the words written sides.

Hell yea. A guy I know was telling me about it. Him and his wife are retired army. He said they been using it for a while. Love the fact that you’re paying for the unit and not just per person. Cause some of the units can hold up to 6 people. Gonna try it out sometime this year 

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

You can't use it unless you're a disabled vet. I don't think you are? 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You can't use it unless you're a disabled vet. I don't think you are? 

No, I'm not.

But with Dgjb saying that any veteran can, I'll have to look into it.

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

No, I'm not.

But with Dgjb saying that any veteran can, I'll have to look into it.

I read up on it and that's what I found. Hope I'm wrong. Good luck. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I read up on it and that's what I found. Hope I'm wrong. Good luck. 

Your interpretation was my understanding but that was ages ago and I haven't looked into it in forever.