Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

737 max. Great video

It's only like 5 minutes long, but it's a really simple clear-cut tutorial on what the hell went wrong with the development and implementation of this engine. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

Great vid....

• Thanks 1

That was awesome, thanks for posting!

I too am amazed that FAA certified that so easily, and furthermore that their fix is getting certified so easily.  The answer is less aggressive SW and more training?  I guess money talks.  :(

Makes you wonder how much not having a head of the FAA for at least a year and a half has to do with this. Trump tried to get his own personal pilot to somehow be the head of the FAA, because you know, planes and stuff makes him qualified.

When that crapped out, Trump sort of walked away/pouted and like many other agencies left an 'acting' head in his wake.

But suddenly planes start dropping out of the sky and Voila! Trump nominates somebody finally. Less than a month ago.

Turns out, some of these positions actually matter.

32 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Makes you wonder how much not having a head of the FAA for at least a year and a half has to do with this. Trump tried to get his own personal pilot to somehow be the head of the FAA, because you know, planes and stuff makes him qualified.

When that crapped out, Trump sort of walked away/pouted and like many other agencies left an 'acting' head in his wake.

But suddenly planes start dropping out of the sky and Voila! Trump nominates somebody finally. Less than a month ago.

You are blaming this on Trump? LMAO

48 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Jeebus wiff, see a councilor or something, you need help.  I'm sure the absence of an FAA head turned the entire process into one big satyric orgy where they issued certifications at the drop of a hat.  :rolleyes:

So I'm confused, we should or shouldn't have a head of the FAA? And it should or should not be trumps personal pilot?

Well hell if kushner can solve the Middle East crisis...

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

So I'm confused, we should or shouldn't have a head of the FAA? And it should or should not be trumps personal pilot?

Well hell if kushner can solve the Middle East crisis...

You are clearly confused, since you hijacked your own interesting thread for your 992714830921th TDS rant on this bored.  Seriously, seek help.  :thumbsup:

56 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Orange man bad alert!

😂

Give him credit, at least he didn't start off with his usual 250 word stream of consciousness TDS rant. He was actually able to start a thread and go 3 hours before blowing his wad.

1 hour ago, SenatorRock said:

😂

Give him credit, at least he didn't start off with his usual 250 word stream of consciousness TDS rant. He was actually able to start a thread and go 3 hours before blowing his wad.

I worked in the aerospace industry for several years, for a company that supplies engines (not this one) among other things to Boeing and Airbus.  I was directly involved in the management of requirements as part of the certification process.  I think there are some things brought up by the video which I find... interesting, to say the least.  Like, how did no expert engineers at Boeing know that the higher engine placement would cause the steep climb problem?  Answer is either they were incompetent or... they did and got silenced.  The former is hard to believe.  The latter is equally hard to believe given the fiduciary duty of chief engineers to ensure safety first.  The CEO of Boeing should not be able to override the ruling of a chief engineer.  The SW MACS addition must have been pushed on the chiefs as part of accepting the design.  But it sure seems to have been certified quickly.  Lots to investigate here. 

But hey, wiff wants to throw out more Orange Man Bad facts, so...  :dunno: