Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

Would you notice if you were being followed/tailed?

I think some of us are arguing different points. Maybe OP could clarify his question.

I still feel that I would notice if somebody was following/tailing me. Simply based on my driving habits he/she would stand out if they had to keep sight of me. 

That is entirely different than a team of UC's working in concert to keep tabs on my whereabouts. Switching off every few blocks or setting up on an established travel route to monitor my progress to a known destination. Or a PI placing a tracking device on my vehicle to electronically track my location. 

Another part of surveillance is being patient. I handled a few slip and fall/ accident cases where they said they couldn't pick up a bag of chips. 

Ive seen them go on the stand or deposition and claim such. Then follow them to a Mardi Gras parade and film them carrying a cooler and then put their kids on their shoulders. Insurance fraud and lying in court. Have seen a few attorneys shake their heads in disgust.😄

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Another part of surveillance is being patient. I handled a few slip and fall/ accident cases where they said they couldn't pick up a bag of chips. 

Ive seen them go on the stand or deposition and claim such. Then follow them to a Mardi Gras parade and film them carrying a cooler and then put their kids on their shoulders. Insurance fraud and lying in court. Have seen a few attorneys shake their heads in disgust.😄

oh yeah. insurance fraud. People who are so lazy to pretend they are injured to get out of work I guess some can be pretty easy to follow as by definition, they are lazy. Have you been following MDC or herbivore or viking guy around much? I'm guessing they would be pretty easy to catch. 

2 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Dude...those things are worth the patience.  Nothing like the wtf look on a dumba$$es face when you show them surveillance video of them driving away from their apartment 10 mins before their car is stolen and mysteriously burns up.  Or the car key found in a melted glob of sh!t when they tell you their car was stolen and they claim to have all they keys.   

6 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Probably. I spend as much time looking in the rearview mirror as I do looking out the windshield. Plus, I'm an aggressive driver so if you're going to tail me you're going to have to keep up. That would attract my attention pretty quickly. At that point all it takes is one or two unnecessary U-turns to confirm.  

Aggressive as in cutting people off, never using turn signal, and weaving in and out of traffic causing havoc just to gain 10 seconds on your travel time? 

20 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I think some of us are arguing different points. Maybe OP could clarify his question.

I still feel that I would notice if somebody was following/tailing me. Simply based on my driving habits he/she would stand out if they had to keep sight of me. 

That is entirely different than a team of UC's working in concert to keep tabs on my whereabouts. Switching off every few blocks or setting up on an established travel route to monitor my progress to a known destination. Or a PI placing a tracking device on my vehicle to electronically track my location. 

Yeah, it's a really open scenario to talk about. 

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Dude...those things are worth the patience.  Nothing like the wtf look on a dumba$$es face when you show them surveillance video of them driving away from their apartment 10 mins before their car is stolen and mysteriously burns up.  Or the car key found in a melted glob of sh!t when they tell you their car was stolen and they claim to have all they keys.   

One of the coolest things I ever did was wait for my ship to come in. Tracked it for a month. No internet. Called the port of New Orleans every day asking aboutt its whereabouts and when it would dock. Was a freighter that the captain was being subpoenaed and ducked out on many times. They wanted him bad.

The maritme attorney hired me. When the ship docked, the attorney and I were waiting. He's getting off and I walk up and say "Hey, Captain Sparrow, long trip? Got a present for you." Served him the subpoena and the attorney seized his ship. 

The attorney, young guy like me says "Thanks for the hard work. Seizing a million plus $ ship for my company was better than sex!" Made a lot on that one.

It’s tricky.

A girl named Carol follows Daryll every gig we play
Then D dissed her and dismissed her, now she's jockin' Jay :banana:

34 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Aggressive as in cutting people off, never using turn signal, and weaving in and out of traffic causing havoc just to gain 10 seconds on your travel time? 

Have you ever driven in California? 

Using a turn signal to change lanes only encourages the person in the lane you want to enter to speed up to block you from getting in front of them. I don't cut people off on purpose but if you want to be a d!ck I'll out d!ck you in a heartbeat.

I watch what traffic is doing in front of and behind me. I look at what people are doing 5 - 10 cars ahead of me across all lanes and try to anticipate what they are going to do and when so that I can decide what I want to do and when. I drive proactively. I think three or four moves ahead and I don't hesitate to make a move when the opportunity presents itself. 

If you maintain your heading and speed I'll be around you and gone without you ever having to adjust either one.  

:cheers:

• Like 1

Remember a lot of these guys don't leave their mom's basement. Pretty easy to spot a tail in that situation.

I noticed old maid is being followed/tailed around the geek club. Does that count? :dunno:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, crackattack said:

I noticed old maid is being followed/tailed around the geek club. Does that count? :dunno:

I’m seriously wishing someone would throw this kid off a 3rd floor balcony.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Have you ever driven in California? 

Using a turn signal to change lanes only encourages the person in the lane you want to enter to speed up to block you from getting in front of them. I don't cut people off on purpose but if you want to be a d!ck I'll out d!ck you in a heartbeat.

I watch what traffic is doing in front of and behind me. I look at what people are doing 5 - 10 cars ahead of me across all lanes and try to anticipate what they are going to do and when so that I can decide what I want to do and when. I drive proactively. I think three or four moves ahead and I don't hesitate to make a move when the opportunity presents itself. 

If you maintain your heading and speed I'll be around you and gone without you ever having to adjust either one.  

:cheers:

That reminds me of a joke, but if you live around SoCal, you probably know it already.

Do you know how the 405 freeway got it’s name?

Because you’ll be on it 4 or 5 hours!

12 minutes ago, crackattack said:

It's like those little fish that attach themselves and actually clean food scraps out from the whales grill.

20 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Remember a lot of these guys don't leave their mom's basement. Pretty easy to spot a tail in that situation.

Who are you talking about specifically? 

18 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

That reminds me of a joke, but if you live around SoCal, you probably know it already.

Do you know how the 405 freeway got it’s name?

Because you’ll be on it 4 or 5 hours!

I'm in NorCal. Traffic here is bad enough. I don't know how you SoCal people deal with the parking lots down there. :wall:

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I'm in NorCal. Traffic here is bad enough. I don't know how you SoCal people deal with the parking lots down there. :wall:

Honestly, I don’t know how we deal with it either. And most of it is caused by sheer stupidity. Driver’s waiting until last minute to get over for an exit, people driving slow, in the fast, and people stopping to rubberneck at every accident-even if it’s going the opposite direction. 

No I don’t think old maid would notice if someone was in her tailpipe. Wait, that can’t be right...Oh oh my bad. Yea nah I wouldn’t notice.

I wouldn't notice. Either back in America or here.

In America, I may notice if it was  like a crazy ex following me in her own car, or something simple like that.

In China? Hell, I'm easy as hell to tail. I'm a foot taller than everyone else, and everyone else has the exact same hair and skin color. I can't even find my wife in the grocery store, let alone spot a tail. Add in the cameras, facial recognition software, and the fact that they can GPS track me from my phone (that they made) and read all of my texts and whatnot, and the government can easily put their hands on me anytime they have a fancy to.

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I wouldn't notice. Either back in America or here.

In America, I may notice if it was  like a crazy ex following me in her own car, or something simple like that.

In China? Hell, I'm easy as hell to tail. I'm a foot taller than everyone else, and everyone else has the exact same hair and skin color. I can't even find my wife in the grocery store, let alone spot a tail. Add in the cameras, facial recognition software, and the fact that they can GPS track me from my phone (that they made) and read all of my texts and whatnot, and the government can easily put their hands on me anytime they have a fancy to.

Wouldn't it be something if the Chicoms were reading this site via your phone and using the political bantering as intel? 

4 hours ago, crackattack said:

3F65B586-C3D4-4972-ACDB-11052312027E.gif

i see that Old Maid must have been eating corn recently.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wouldn't it be something if the Chicoms were reading this site via your phone and using the political bantering as intel? 

Oh, they wouldn't understand most of it anyway.

Now my postings at r/china and r/ccj2 (china circle jerk) could get me deported. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don't think they care. MY wife and good friends are the best English speakers in the community and none feel comfortable navigating google.

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I don't think they care. MY wife and good friends are the best English speakers in the community and none feel comfortable navigating google.

Man, in my office, there are about 1/3 Brits, 1/3 Americans, and 1/3 other. We all speak an international version of English generally. 

But when the Brits get going among themselves, it's hard even for me to follow. And vice versa.

We also have a guy from Boston, and two other Southerners besides me. Everyone loves it when we do our regional accents that we lost long ago.

But the non natives (Russian, Fillipino) and our Chinese boss can't follow half the conversation. By design. 

6 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

When I first started there was a guy owned a red car and we told him to get rid of it as it draws attention to those who might be aware. He was.

The car to use is a silver anything without damage. There are so many on the road, they all look the same.

I only had a problem once and it was Asian woman who drove crazy. 😄

But it doesn't matter how you drive.  No matter what you'll never know someone is following you.

4 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Honestly, I don’t know how we deal with it either. And most of it is caused by sheer stupidity. Driver’s waiting until last minute to get over for an exit, people driving slow, in the fast, and people stopping to rubberneck at every accident-even if it’s going the opposite direction. 

Where the Fawk have you been darlin?