Sign in to follow this  
sderk

NFL is great at keeping fans interested during the offseason

Schedule comes out soon. That's fun to talk about.

The draft is the best of all sports.  

Training camp time is fun. Better than baseball spring training. 

Fantasy football talk. 

The NFL is awesome entertainment all year.

Go Bears!!  I am not a fan of London games and I think they are in one this year. 

9 minutes ago, sderk said:

The NFL is awesome entertainment all year.

It isn't even entertaining during the season, how can this other crap be entertaining?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, posty said:

It isn't even entertaining during the season, how can this other crap be entertaining?

So you aren't a fan. That's fine. The NFL is doing ok last I checked. How did you come to find this site?

4 minutes ago, sderk said:

So you aren't a fan. That's fine. The NFL is doing ok last I checked. How did you come to find this site?

I used to play fantasy football but quit two years ago...  Best thing I ever done...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, posty said:

I used to play fantasy football but quit two years ago...  Best thing I ever done...

How come? I find it really fun. Still after many years.

Just now, sderk said:

How come. I find it really fun?

After 20+ years of it, I really didn't care any more...  I wasn't watching the NFL games anyway, so all I would do was look at the stats...  Heck I still don't watch the NFL games at all, maybe catch 1-2 quarters total for the year...

1 minute ago, posty said:

After 20+ years of it, I really didn't care any more...  I wasn't watching the NFL games anyway, so all I would do was look at the stats...  Heck I still don't watch the NFL games at all, maybe catch 1-2 quarters total for the year...

Ok. So not a fan. I'm that way with basketball. Zero interest. Love the NFL though.

14 minutes ago, sderk said:

This is debatable on this site....

here

and

here

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

This is debatable on this site....

here

and

here

Sure, there are arguments, but what do you believe? Is the NFL suffering? And in danger of folding? I find it the most entertaining sport to follow in the off season.

25 minutes ago, posty said:

:lol: Stay golden Ponyboy.

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

Sure, there are arguments, but what do you believe? Is the NFL suffering. I find it the most entertaining sport to follow in the off season.

i am still a fan of the nfl, and a bit on FF- played since 91, though do not love the evolution of each.

many believe that the dip in viewership is due to the kaepernick kneeling bit. I believe that is one of many reasons rating have declined.

12 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

i am still a fan of the nfl, and a bit on FF- played since 91, though do not love the evolution of each.

many believe that the dip in viewership is due to the kaepernick kneeling bit. I believe that is one of many reasons rating have declined.

Agreed. I honestly think their biggest  viewer issue is that you can't easily just pay for a TV plan to watch games you want to watch. I'm not changing to dish tv or whatever they  have for the nfl network. For MLB i can choose an online plan to get all Cub games. And not pay for the rest. I would love that for the Bears.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sderk said:

Agreed. I honestly think their biggest  viewer issue is that you can't easily just pay for a TV plan to watch games you want to watch. I'm not changing to dish tv or whatever they  have for the nfl network. For MLB i can choose an online plan to get all Cub games. And not pay for the rest. I would love that for the Bears.

I am typically in favor of more options.  so, yeah... offer a single team, or week, etc.  One of my closer friends does marketing research and has Directv as an account.  I know they have explored the idea.  I will be seeing him next week and will ask him about the results, price points tested, and whatnot to see what happened and what deterred them from going live with it.

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

I am typically in favor of more options.  so, yeah... offer a single team, or week, etc.  One of my closer friends does marketing research and has Directv as an account.  I know they have explored the idea.  I will be seeing him next week and ask him about the results, price points tested, and whatnot to see what happened and what deterred them from going live with it.

That's cool. I think I pay about $90 bucks a year(I could be wrong but it's not higher than that) for MLB.COM  for Cubs games because I live out of market and din't get the games on local tv. And it's worth it to me for my entertainment. I can watch on my tv as well. I would pay the same to be able to watch all Bears games.

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

That's cool. I think I pay about $90 bucks a year(I could be wrong but it's not higher than that) for MLB.COM  for Cubs games because I live out of market and din't get the games on local tv. And it's worth it to me for my entertainment. I can watch on my tv as well. I would pay the same to be able to watch all Bears games.

makes total sense.  I lived in Colorado (am a Giants fan) and got the MLB extra innings before they offered individual team.  Was worth it to me.

16 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

makes total sense.  I lived in Colorado (am a Giants fan) and got the MLB extra innings before they offered individual team.  Was worth it to me.

It's awesome for sure.  I do it with the NHL too. Blackhawks. The NFL is really full of themselves but they are frontrunners in revenue. I hope they take a hit to come back to earth. But  nfl radio is sooo good, they can be arrogant. 

Oh yeah, this draft is going to be a real hoot. The crew from American idol and Good morning America is going to be participating.

don't tell anybody, but I think there's going to be special appearances from the cast of Grey's anatomy.

Christ...

6 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Oh yeah, this draft is going to be a real hoot. The crew from American idol and Good morning America is going to be participating.

don't tell anybody, but I think there's going to be special appearances from the cast of Grey's anatomy.

Christ...

So you prefer good morning america to the draft? Nothing wrong with that but what's point?

I wish the draft was faster. It takes way too long to get through the first round IMO.

26 minutes ago, MDC said:

I wish the draft was faster. It takes way too long to get through the first round IMO.

I don't think there is a great solution to that. Other than going to the draft and getting drunk. But, the NFL draft is way better than any other draft. NBA draft is usually over after the first 2 or 3 picks. MLB and NHL are years behind when they will be pros. 

I enjoy the first couple rounds. It creates good discussion if you are a fan of that entertainment.

Its good stuff but, the 6 months we get of baseball is when life is good, and the 6 months of no baseball is soooooooo boring.

• Like 1

Football and golf is all I really watch anymore. Baseball and basketball are both awful. I follow the Mets and watch an inning or 2 here and there but could never watch a whole game. The Sabres have made me hate hockey.

Hearing the schedule come out has me thinking of football already. The Bears have a tough schedule with a lot of prime time games unfortunately. It just comes with being good I guess. I would not bet the over on their win total with this schedule.

10 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Hearing the schedule come out has me thinking of football already. The Bears have a tough schedule with a lot of prime time games unfortunately. It just comes with being good I guess. I would not bet the over on their win total with this schedule.

You think that is a tough schedule?

Packers - Broncos - Redskins - Vikings - Raiders - Saints - Chargers - Eagles - Lions - Rams - Giants - Lions - Cowboys - Packers - Chiefs - Vikings

Sure it seems there are a couple tough games, but unless you expect a lot of change, which is totally possible, it seems like an average schedule to me. 

12 hours ago, MDC said:

How would you propose doing this?  Reduce the time between picks or tone down the pomp and circumstance?

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

How would you propose doing this?  Reduce the time between picks or tone down the pomp and circumstance?

Prolly a little of both. There is no reason the draft needs to be three days too. Start it at 6 PM EST and do rounds 1-3 one day rounds 4-7 the next. It’s just too long too much.

8 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

i kind of like it how it is myself. it's purely an entertainment thing right? I mean,  for most teams, free agency and other methods of obtaining players is the most impacting thing. The draft is just all about the fun of new talent. But I get why people may not like it. It's just a form of entertainment that may not appeal to those who don't want all the glitter. I absolutely hate the movie and TV awards shows. So I am noone to talk about it.

13 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Christ...

Is this true?  Good Lord.  I was surprised recently when I saw that ABC had the draft.

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Is this true?  Good Lord.  I was surprised recently when I saw that ABC had the draft.

If he is not joking, I am assuming you would have to watch a certain channel to see that garbage. ESPN or whoever wouldn't show those idiots.

21 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Yeah, I think it mentions ABC will broadcast the draft separate from the ESPN and NFL networks for the first 2 nights. If you want to see boy bands or whatever, then tune into ABC  I guess. I don't imagine NFL network will be interviewing Regis and Kathy or Kimmel or whoever...