Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Buttigieg eliminates O'Rourke

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Margaret Thatcher?  :dunno:

I see people say this all the time, but what did she do that was so great? Policy wise

Thatcher - longest serving British PM of the 20th century.

Golda Meir -  Former Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion used to call Meir "the best man in the government"; she was often portrayed as the "strong-willed, straight-talking, grey-bunned grandmother of the Jewish people."

For good and probably some ill, like most leaders - top 15 most powerful women in history

Keeping in mind ratio, and that plenty of people have gone down regrettably, that's not bad. With my bias, I do think Western progressive women would bring the record down though.

The common thread between Thatcher and Meir is very strong principles...not for image sake, but legitimately, and the discernment and courage to make some difficult but wise judgement calls. People in general lack that, the good male leaders have stood out on that note too.

2 minutes ago, naomi said:

Thatcher - longest serving British PM of the 20th century.

Golda Meir -  Former Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion used to call Meir "the best man in the government"; she was often portrayed as the "strong-willed, straight-talking, grey-bunned grandmother of the Jewish people."

For good and probably some ill, like most leaders - top 15 most powerful women in history

Keeping in mind ratios, and that plenty of people have gone down regrettably, that's not bad.

The common thread between Thatcher and Meir is very strong principles...not for image sake, but legitimately, and the discernment and courage to make some difficult but wise judgement calls. People in general lack that, the good male leaders have stood out on that note too.

That’s cute. So what are some of her policies that you like?

ill wait while you google it 

I'm going by legacy and legitimacy (being kept in the office). She navigated some pretty troubled waters, and generally...except for those with consistent left leaning POV's, Thatcher is honored and appreciated for her role in British history. There's a big crop of British people who hated her and hate her legacy, but she served her people well in the main.

Posted this vid here last Saturday:

Super tangentially related, one of the best scripture readings I've seen.

A little bit :bandana: because it covers "spiritual wickedness in high places".

37 minutes ago, naomi said:

Super tangentially related, one of the best scripture readings I've seen.

A little bit :bandana: because it covers "spiritual wickedness in high places".

Amanda Thatcher - Would.

On 4/18/2019 at 8:23 AM, cbfalcon said:

I'll admit the following. Beto had my initial support, and I donated money. Beto hasn't done anything to lose me, but Buttigieg is impressing me more and more, and if I had to vote for one of them today, I'd vote for Buttigieg.

So, curious, how does this work? Do you get a refund? Or, like some coupons or something? Honestly, I've always wondered about this....

TIA

Also, Jesus dude, you sure can pick'em..

1 hour ago, Reality said:

So, curious, how does this work? Do you get a refund? Or, like some coupons or something? Honestly, I've always wondered about this....

TIA

Also, Jesus dude, you sure can pick'em..

Yeah, he didn’t really have enough of anything to gain any traction once we got going.....I missed on that one. That said, everyone that donates money to anyone except one person is going to have someone saying “Jesus dude, you sure can pick'em” to them.

57 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Yeah, he didn’t really have enough of anything to gain any traction once we got going.....I missed on that one. That said, everyone that donates money to anyone except one person is going to have someone saying “Jesus dude, you sure can pick'em” to them.

You're right.. I was just having some fun.

• Like 1

Generally, I like Republicans from the coasts or Dems from the South and the mountain west has good candidates in both parties. 

Anyway, Beta came close to winning a Senate seat as a Dem in Texas which piqued my interest at first, but holy hell, that didn't last long. He was fingernails on chalkboard bad. In the end, of all 26 Dems running, he beat out fellow Texan Julian Castro for the one I despise most.