Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Leftists next target, books...

First They Came for the Books

If you look at any United States library’s collection, especially those in higher education institutions, most of the collections (books, journals, archival papers, other media, etc.) are written by white dudes writing about white ideas, white things, or ideas, people, and things they stole from POC and then claimed as white property . . .

Does this controlling of the written word sound familiar?

Just because history is ugly you cant erase it or burn it.  Lest we forget and repeat the ugliness.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

People hate white people it seems.

Uhm, yes, that is correct.....🤤

3 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I know who likes white people. Resorts around the world. Because a bunch of white people go to work, earn money by writing books and gaining knowledge in general, then go on holiday and spend the money at resorts. Or somewhere like that.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

I know who likes white people. Resorts around the world. Because a bunch of white people go to work, earn money by writing books and gaining knowledge in general, then go on holiday and spend the money at resorts. Or somewhere like that.

Damn them all for running businesses as well that employ millions of minorities

12 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Damn them all for running businesses as well that employ millions of minorities

Stupid white people. I think maybe white people should use pen names when writing books. "Phoebie Booker" for example. Or "Rev. Jusse Jackson". Then the left will allow them in the schools.

• Like 1

Alas, no. If anything, the tweet actually understates the degree of nihilist unthought that passes for wokeness among some academic librarians. The Library Journal tweet links to a blog post by Sofia Leung, whose Twitter profile describes her as an “academic librarian. I like cats, whiskey, intersectional feminism, social justice, critical librarianship, & CRT [Critical Race theory].”

The good news here is that Leung cannot be described as a thought leader in the librarian tribe. In her article, she describes her epiphany about the “whiteness” of libraries in a discussion with a colleague:

And the interpretation is "Leftists next target books".    Another good thread title might be 'Hyperbolic responses to differing points of view".  

3 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

First They Came for the Books

Does this controlling of the written word sound familiar?

Ironic.   

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

And the interpretation is "Leftists next target books".    Another good thread title might be 'Hyperbolic responses to differing points of view".  

No thank you, not going to pretend that this is not a leftist tactic borne of liberal ideology that pervades our universities and pollutes our politics.  That might work in other circles......

49 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

do you think the white people can overcome?

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

do you think the white people can overcome?

No.  They have not done anything wrong.  There is a vile perception that has arisen, mostly in academia, that vilification of people based on their skin color is acceptable. Its out in the wild now.

14 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

No.  They have not done anything wrong.  There is a vile perception that has arisen, mostly in academia, that vilification of people based on their skin color is acceptable. Its out in the wild now.

When did this vile vilification of judging a man on the color of his skin, instead of the content of his character begin?  

37 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Alas, no. If anything, the tweet actually understates the degree of nihilist unthought that passes for wokeness among some academic librarians. The Library Journal tweet links to a blog post by Sofia Leung, whose Twitter profile describes her as an “academic librarian. I like cats, whiskey, intersectional feminism, social justice, critical librarianship, & CRT [Critical Race theory].”

The good news here is that Leung cannot be described as a thought leader in the librarian tribe. In her article, she describes her epiphany about the “whiteness” of libraries in a discussion with a colleague:

Ironic.   

Do you mean that Ray found some random fringe weirdo opinion and illogically attributes it to “leftists” in generally while unironically alluding to Naziism and the Holocaust? :o

20 minutes ago, MDC said:

Do you mean that Ray found some random fringe weirdo opinion and illogically attributes it to “leftists” in generally while unironically alluding to Naziism and the Holocaust? :o

hmmm, one has to wonder, where do these ideas come from...and....where have we seen them manifest in society.  🤔

I sure do see leftists attacking every instance that they think is wrong, but I guess the proper response to that is to sit by silently while things transpire....noted

What are you bringing Naziism into the discussion? Seems misplaced

Ruh Rohhhh....

Someone needs to tell this person to STFU.... I guess, I mean, someone say something you dont like, is that violence or not?  :dunno:

Link

59 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

When did this vile vilification of judging a man on the color of his skin, instead of the content of his character begin?  

I had an epiphany reading this.  Do two wrongs make a right?  Apparently so.  This whole "whites suck" reparations movement is basically a middle-school pre-teen girl revenge thing.  

Carry on.  :cheers:

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I had an epiphany reading this.  Do two wrongs make a right?  Apparently so.  This whole "whites suck" reparations movement is basically a middle-school pre-teen girl revenge thing.  

;)

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

For this to make sense, I would need to support reparations...I don't.  so carry on whining about the plight of the white man.  

4 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

For this to make sense, I would need to support reparations...I don't.  so carry on whining about the plight of the white man.  

Good to hear.  That being said, your MLK reference had a strong tinge of "what's good for the goose is good for the gander."  Help me understand how I am misinterpreting that.  :cheers:

11 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I don't think it's about the plight of the white man. It's more about those who hate the white man. The white man will be fine. Because  they can keep up. Trump 2020. ☺

Also, my family all came over from eastern Europe in the early 1900s, settled in NE PA, got jobs, and busted their asses.  A lot of Chinese did the same for railroads, and hell we put Japanese people into camps during WW2.  They seem to have gotten over it.  I'm so focking sick of this discussion.

I and my family don't owe anyone shiot.  And frankly, nobody does.  Except maybe the liberals and people like Farrakhan who perpetuate the belief that blacks are incapable of fending for themselves and need help from the government.  :thumbsup:

I'm a pollock more than anything by heritage, have you seen All in the Family?  My people were arguably the butt of the most jokes in the 70s.  Somehow I got over it.

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Also, my family all came over from eastern Europe in the early 1900s, settled in NE PA, got jobs, and busted their asses.  A lot of Chinese did the same for railroads, and hell we put Japanese people into camps during WW2.  They seem to have gotten over it.  I'm so focking sick of this discussion.

I and my family don't owe anyone shiot.  And frankly, nobody does.  Except maybe the liberals and people like Farrakhan who perpetuate the belief that blacks are incapable of fending for themselves and need help from the government.  :thumbsup:

I'm a pollock more than anything by heritage, have you seen All in the Family?  My people were arguably the butt of the most jokes in the 70s.  Somehow I got over it.

This x1000.   The sense of entitlement that spews from liberal leftists is repugnant.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I love All in the Family. I am dating a girl in her 30's and was happy to hear her ask me to watch the All in the Family episodes. So fvcking cool. 

1 hour ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

hmmm, one has to wonder, where do these ideas come from...and....where have we seen them manifest in society.  🤔

I sure do see leftists attacking every instance that they think is wrong, but I guess the proper response to that is to sit by silently while things transpire....noted

What are you bringing Naziism into the discussion? Seems misplaced

The “first they came for the books” thing is a reference to that poem about the rise of Naziism. That is the headline of your article but you’re right, you didn’t write it you just passed it along. 

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Good to hear.  That being said, your MLK reference had a strong tinge of "what's good for the goose is good for the gander."  Help me understand how I am misinterpreting that.  :cheers:

strong tinge...I don't know exactly what you mean there.  my thoughts are right there in the posts.  sderp writes waaaah white man, ray says yeah waaaah white man,  I ask if the white man can ever overcome, ray writes "it out in the wild now"(which is pretty stupid), so I ask when this started referencing mlk to help understand how its not now, and then you came in confused.  

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

The “first they came for the books” thing is a reference to that poem about the rise of Naziism. That is the headline of your article but you’re right, you didn’t write it you just passed it along. 

That is fascinating.  Given that the Nazi's did not go after the books first and all..... But I see your point.

I would suggest that you might want to consider that this could be a more true statement for the Cultural revolution in China and perhaps even more for the Jaffna Library fire....

4 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

strong tinge...I don't know exactly what you mean there.  my thoughts are right there in the posts.  sderp writes waaaah white man, ray says yeah waaaah white man,  I ask if the white man can ever overcome, ray writes "it out in the wild now"(which is pretty stupid), so I ask when this started referencing mlk to help understand how its not now, and then you came in confused.  

Don't be an ass, you seem smart and I'd like to have a discussion on this.  

2 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

That is fascinating.  Given that the Nazi's did not go after the books first and all..... But I see your point.

I would suggest that you might want to consider that this could be a more true statement for the Cultural revolution in China and perhaps even more for the Jaffna Library fire....

It’s a famous poem called “First they came” about Naziism. The headline of your article was clearly alluding to it. Seemed to be a little over the top.

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Jeez. Herb is an ass. You for some reson only started hating me now maybe because you wanted to impress an old female. Herb is an ass. You should know this by now.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

It’s a famous poem called “First they came” about Naziism. The headline of your article was clearly alluding to it. Seemed to be a little over the top.

OK, that makes sense. I think I have heard that poem before.

I think people do tend have to a strong reaction to controlling the printed word. Many really bad regimes in history have done something along those lines, so our ears likely perk up when its inferred.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

:cheers:  I don't know about all the merits of the librarian or the writer of the article in the OP.  I think its pretty pathetic every time a white guy cries about the current plight of the white man.  but I'm a pollack too.  

2 hours ago, Herbivore said:

In my lifetime? 2008

13 minutes ago, sderk said:

Jeez. Herb is an ass. You for some reson only started hating me now maybe because you wanted to impress an old female. Herb is an ass. You should know this by now.

you've stunk since day 1.

13 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

OK, that makes sense. I think I have heard that poem before.

I think people do tend have to a strong reaction to controlling the printed word. Many really bad regimes in history have done something along those lines, so our ears likely perk up when its inferred.

It’s one woman. I wouldn’t give it any more oxygen than it deserves.

Have you all ever seen the USA population by race over a timeline? Pretty scary stuff. I think we are suppose to be the minority by 2040 or 2050. RIP America, it was a hell of a run. 

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Have you all ever seen the USA population by race over a timeline? Pretty scary stuff. I think we are suppose to be the minority by 2040 or 2050. RIP America, it was a hell of a run. 

Your point has validity.

It might be wise to encourage our kids and especially our grandkids to consider alternative locations to live.

2 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Your point has validity.

It might be wise to encourage our kids and especially our grandkids to consider alternative locations to live.

Good thing once we are the minority we can count on the democrats to protect us!

Or we could start encouraging Caucasian’s to have bigger families. Start taking immigrants from Caucasian countries again (in mass if you have to, whatever it takes to change the trajectory). Eastern Europe has thousands and thousands of young programmers that would LOVE to live here. They are bright but they can’t get ahead in the economies/governments they live under. Why are we importing retards who have no skills and refuse to learn English when there is a plethora of young tech minds who would immediately contribute once they moved here. 

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Good thing once we are the minority we can count on the democrats to protect us!

Sure. That will happen. :rolleyes: