Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Tis a shame

Regardless of your politics, both sides have rooned the honor of the office of president of the united states.  Just the ridicule...from both sides has destroyed the majesty of the office.

You dont have to respect or like the man...but you should respect the office.

Its not going to be good from here on out.  

When did it begin?  Nixon was before my time but I remember watching the fiasco that was the Clinton impeachment with embarrassment.  We used to go camping in Canada during that time and it was front-page news even over there.  A lot of bad blood was created then for sure.  Now it seems a never-ending game of tit for tat and the people who are getting screwed in the deal is all of us.

I think the Dems are locked into impeachment, so I suspect it gets worse.  It may have dawned on them that they will not be able to beat him at the next election and the only way to get him out is to impeach.  

The Dems have embraced the loony left and are on a suicidal ride toward 2020.

Akin to if the Repubs embraced the focktards on the corner with a baby doll with a noose on it protesting abortion or the religious nutjobs.

To hear it or admit it or not, Trump is a big part of that as well. Is single-handedly pissed away some of the basic conventions for the past 50 + years. That and the tweeting like a schoolgirl on her period, the bafoonisuness, the bald faced lying, infantile nicknames, insults, Along with just about everything else.

Talk about low hanging fruit. 

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

To hear it or admit it or not, Trump is a big part of that as well. Is single-handedly pissed away some of the basic conventions for the past 50 + years. That and the tweeting like a schoolgirl on her period, the bafoonisuness, the bald faced lying, infantile nicknames, insults, Along with just about everything else.

Talk about low hanging fruit. 

I think there is merit to this. I also think that the divisiveness that emerged during the Obama years, some of it was him but much of it was already in play, resulted in Trump.

There are unintended consequences of messing with stuff.  The left messed with social structures instead of allowing natural change, the divided and vilified, and the people gave us Trump....and if we are not careful the pendulum will keep swinging, and go hard left, and we may not be able to recover.

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Either way...both sides are guilty...

I don’t see the toothpaste getting put back in the tube.  It’s only going to get worser.

6 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I don’t see the toothpaste getting put back in the tube.  It’s only going to get worser.

Agreed

I'd ask you this......

What presidential candidate from 2016 to present could have withstood the coup and attacks that Trump has for the last 3 years and still not quit let alone succeed? Or come out of that investigation with zero evidence of criminality? No one.

He isn't polished but make no mistake; Trump's what this nation needs.

• Like 1

I remember a big catalyst being rush limbaugh obsessing about clinton. It was relentless.  There was a time where he was much more moderate and I enjoyed listening to him here and there. He then began his heavy lean to the right and became huge (it's where his audience was).

I do not think it is any worse today than 100 years ago. Study history, mud slinging is as American as apple pie. 

We just think it is worse because of no context of the past.

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

This. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

Both sides are banking on our division. They want us to hate the other side. It keeps them (Repub & Dems) in power. If we were smart, we’d figure out a way to band together, but I feel like we’re past that point already. Just reading this bored, the contempt for the opposing side is reaching epic proportions.

Politics is no longer about the people, but just another thing to be manipulated and extorted to keep or regain power. We need a new system, because this one been exploited to death.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I do not think it is any worse today than 100 years ago. Study history, mud slinging is as American as apple pie. 

We just think it is worse because of no context of the past.

...and social media magnifies everything

28 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

...and social media magnifies everything

If only if it weren't for those darn Russian bots influencing the feeble minded!  :mad:

Edit: for the sarcasm impaired I agree the system is hopelessly broken and both sides are to blame. 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

If only if it weren't for those darn Russian bots influencing the feeble minded!  :mad:

since smart phones, information in general, comes out very quickly.... journalist is mostly lost.

13 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Either way...both sides are guilty...

Trump fans the flames himself. Agree or disagree with Obamas policy, he acted with far more professionalism than Trump, yet he received the same contempt. 

• Like 2

Obama was the great divider. He tore this country apart. The office needed to be ridiculed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sderk said:

Obama was the great divider. He tore this country apart. The office needed to be ridiculed. 

Yeah well that's the attitude that the OP talks about. I don't agree with this president, so he deserves my disrespect. Wait, the president whom I now support is being disrespected??? How could they!! 

22 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yeah well that's the attitude that the OP talks about. I don't agree with this president, so he deserves my disrespect. Wait, the president whom I now support is being disrespected??? How could they!! 

I weathered the storm with obama. I did not like what he did but term limits proved why they exist.

I don't understand why the left focuses every minute of their lives on bltching about the current president instead of working to do something positive.

I know the right did their dirty work at times, but this presidency is monumental in how the left is resorting to childhood antics. 

I don't disagree with you, I'm just confused about the current state of things. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I'd be willing to bet that most people are Libertarians, but we either vote R or D because we don't want the "other side" to win.

I think there is truth to this for a plurality of voters.

24 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I'd be willing to bet that most people are Libertarians, but we either vote R or D because we don't want the "other side" to win.

I don't even want to know the numbers of how true this is. 

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Trump fans the flames himself. Agree or disagree with Obamas policy, he acted with far more professionalism than Trump, yet he received the same contempt. 

I agree...he is a leafblower on hot coals for sure

One question in my mind is how am I supposed to now trust/believe anything the MM says/reports, or anything the Dems say?  Up to now we can look at them as either incompetent at the very least or liars at the worst....

I was hoping  you were going to say sredck got banned.  

And were mocking his ass.  :lol:

• Haha 2

Screw off with that both sides crap. This is 100% on the Democrats.

Trump would work with the democrats. It's on them nothing is getting done. They are stupid and can't see how badly Trump wants to be loved and they don't take advantage of that to get things done. Because they are blinded by hatred and care more about tearing him down than helping the country.  God forbid he gets any credit. 

5 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Professionalism. Obama nearly destroys a country and you are impressed by "professionalism". 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I can't speak for others, but personally I have always respected the office of POTUS and the person in it.  To my knowledge I never once called Obama Obummer or any other disparaging names.  I may have made fun of his ears or mom jeans etc., but that is clean humor.  I also think the personal insults to Michelle are disgusting and would never do such a thing.  

• Like 1

If the Repubs had done this to Obama I would have been just as p!ssed as I am today.

They are wasting our tax money, and time that could be spent on fixing problems.  The Democrats dont give a flying fock about problems, which they seem incapable of solving but rather adept at creating.

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

Second one is funny, did you actually click thru to the youtube video?  Obama was spoofing himself (and Michelle).

First one, what is the point?  There are pictures of Michelle where she doesn't look good?  I'm shocked.  And I'm still never going to make fun of a FLOTUS.  I feel the same way when people make wh0re comments about Melania.  :dunno:

Just now, jerryskids said:

Second one is funny, did you actually click thru to the youtube video?  Obama was spoofing himself (and Michelle).

First one, what is the point?  There are pictures of Michelle where she doesn't look good?  I'm shocked.  And I'm still never going to make fun of a FLOTUS.  I feel the same way when people make wh0re comments about Melania.  :dunno:

Ok. At least Melania is hot. 

I haven't done this (online) in over ten years. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trump would work with the democrats. It's on them nothing is getting done. They are stupid and can't see how badly Trump wants to be loved and they don't take advantage of that to get things done. Because they are blinded by hatred and care more about tearing him down than helping the country.  God forbid he gets any credit. 

There’s actually some merit in this.

Honor schmonor.  

Dishonesty, corruption, lying, pandering goes way back.   It just wasn't in your face like today.  Out of 45,  at least half our past presidents have "dishonored" the office in some way.