Sign in to follow this  
BiPolarBear

Stick~ Red Light Cameras Removed in Texas

The city I live in had red light cameras, including one at the nearest major intersection to where I live.  When the contract came up with the contractor the city  decided to get rid of them.  They felt that they caused as many accidents as they supposedly helped avoid.  Unfortunately it seems like Denver proper keeps adding more though.

46 minutes ago, Strike said:

The city I live in had red light cameras, including one at the nearest major intersection to where I live.  When the contract came up with the contractor the city  decided to get rid of them.  They felt that they caused as many accidents as they supposedly helped avoid.  Unfortunately it seems like Denver proper keeps adding more though.

I am friends with a guy that works for a company that installs red light cameras. They put them up for free, and split the money with the cities. If safety is ever brought into it, he never told me. People gun it to make the light or slam on the brakes to keep from getting a ticket. I am glad Texas is close to getting rid of them. 

Los Angeles is littered with them, would love to see the number on how many people they actually catch.

Will Dallas give you a free pass as long as you owe less than $750?

21 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

What’s the negative?  I can’t think of one.

You can't think of the negative on a red light camera? 

Nice job ~stick

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

What’s the negative?  I can’t think of one.

No negatives. They’re digital. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, frank said:

No negatives. They’re digital. 

😃 Sorry, I’m out of likes for the day.

4 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Ha! In Maryland, red light cameras are the least of your problems. We have speed cameras everywhere. It’s a tax on all income levels. 

When I lived in St. Pete, the causeway across the bay was to narrow for a cop to sit. So everyone would just haul ass across it.

Then they started using airplanes to radio ahead to cops waiting at the other end. 

9 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Ha! In Maryland, red light cameras are the least of your problems. We have speed cameras everywhere. It’s a tax on all income levels. 

Maryland is relentless when it comes to ticketing speeders on the highway

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Maryland is relentless when it comes to ticketing speeders on the highway

Yep. On 95, they hide SUVs behind “port o potty’s” with a camera attached to the front and it takes a picture of any car doing 7mph over the speed limit. They put these at bottom of hills where cars naturally speed up. 

People have caught on to this setup so there’s now talks about hiding them in guard rails. 

On 4/18/2019 at 8:16 PM, BiPolarBear said:

You can't think of the negative on a red light camera? 

No