Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

The Amazing Race Thread

Watched the first episode(while watching a baseball game) and I'm now watching again trying to figure out how Team Rupert got the clue first in Tokyo and then managed to get to the 2nd place that was in walking distance so much later.   What a waste, they should have invited someone good like Parvati - she rocks everything.   

2 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I’m team Janelle and Brittany for the win!

of course you are.

• Haha 1

We have to choose our teams after one episode!  I don't know who I like yet.   :cry:

I used to belong to a group that used to gamble on teams for money.  Always pick the white, athletic couple.

Anyone know how to get rid of an annoying puppy who keep following you around and pissing on your leg? 🤣

Anyone know how to get rid of an annoying puppy who keep following you around and pissing on your leg? 🤣

Neutering?

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Neutering?

Who’s gonna volunteer to hold him down... 

4 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Are you talking about someone who created  a thread about someone else that got locked because of ill intent? 

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Neutering?

How would that help?

Also, sorry in advance.

1)  I didn’t mean to hijack your thread.

and

2) sderk will probably get it locked.

3 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Also, sorry in advance.

and

Can always start a new thread so it's all good.   I think I'm leaning towards Becca and Floyd, so they should be gone next week.   

22 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

CAN SIZES? :mad:  

Asuming they are actual females, that is.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Can always start a new thread so it's all good.   I think I'm leaning towards Becca and Floyd, so they should be gone next week.   

Is that the nerdy Team Fun couple? 

9 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Also, sorry in advance.

and

Sure.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yeah, that's them.   

I like them as well. 

Dang.....I missed it

I'm only interested because of the Big Brother & Survivor folks.

Maybe I'll catch up on CBS.com 

16 hours ago, OldMaid said:

😘

Kind of bummed that Corrine got knocked out, I was looking forward to continuing my decade+ long hate against her.   

I want to like it, I've tried, but even with Big Brother & Survivor "Stars" I can't fully get into this show. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

I want to like it, I've tried, but even with Big Brother & Survivor "Stars" I can't fully get into this show. :dunno:

I mainly enjoy it for all the different places they go and weird challenges based on the locale. If there are personalities I like then it's a bonus. 

You might actually learn something. For example, a few years ago I learned sign language for "b1tch" thanks to the Mother and Deaf Son team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Big Brother is the one that I can't get watch.   Saw Rachel's first season only because I was flipping the channels one day and saw Jordan and had to see that, and I might have watched one or two more seasons, but it just doesn't do it for me.   

Amazing Race & Survivor, always like those two.   Whatever floats your boat though.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I've honestly have never watched Big Brother. Just looks like annoying people being b1tchy and whiney.  Am I wrong in my assumption? 

Are the Big Brother folks still in the Race?  If so I'll try again.

Just now, DonS said:

I've honestly have never watched Big Brother. Just looks like annoying people being b1tchy and whiney.  Am I wrong in my assumption? 

That's part of what makes it great....watching these human rats interact  😄

The show I really liked that didn't last was "The Mole".   Not sure how many people saw it, since it only lasted a few seasons due to poor ratings but that show was pretty neat.   Have all these people competing for cash, going around the world doing challenges, but one person was actively working against the people.   It was everyone's job to figure out who was the mole and each week they took a test to see who they thought it was and low score went home.   The show put clues into the challenges, notes, and even the opening credits so everyone watching could try and figure it out.   Wish it would of lasted.   Looks like all the episodes are Youtube---if interested, here's the first episode that explains the concept, much better than I did, in the opening.   And funny enough, Anderson Cooper got his big break on this show.   

Always reminded how much I hate Rachel after another her breakdowns.   Got to give her credit though, very nice that she blamed it on her infant daughter...she switched detour challenges because she wanted to show her daughter a strong woman...a strong woman who had meltdowns in a cab when she thought she had lost and who determines her self worth by how well she does on a reality game show.   You go Rachel, you are an inspiration and role model to all young women.  

Sadly, she skates on a non-elimination leg and we get another week of her.   :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Always reminded how much I hate Rachel after another her breakdowns.   Got to give her credit though, very nice that she blamed it on her infant daughter...she switched detour challenges because she wanted to show her daughter a strong woman...a strong woman who had meltdowns in a cab when she thought she had lost and who determines her self worth by how well she does on a reality game show.   You go Rachel, you are an inspiration and role model to all young women.  

Sadly, she skates on a non-elimination leg and we get another week of her.   :rolleyes:

My GF was so pissed that it was a non elimination leg.  But we haven't had a true, epic, Rachel meltdown and I'm hoping we do before she gets eliminated from the show. 

New season starts tonight.  Saw this old clip and laughed my arse off:

40 minutes ago, Strike said:

That was awesome. I don't think I was watching the show back then. I love the multiple slow motion replays! Took a melon to the melon!

Thanks for the reminder.  Love this show. Hopefully there will be some hot b1tches that aren't super annoying this season. 

55 minutes ago, Strike said:

I've never watched the show...If this is a regular thing, I'll give it a shot.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

I've never watched the show...If this is a regular thing, I'll give it a shot.

Well, this type of blooper isn't necessarily the norm.  That's why it was singled out.  But weird challenges, typically based upon some local tradition/custom, are common.  It can be very entertaining watching Americans try these weird things that are normal to the locals, who are often watching and laughing at them.