Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

NBA playoff ratings down big...

Players must be kneeling during the anthem.B)

Seriously, Houston looks legit this year. The beard is playing like kobe right now, butter on a roll. GS will probably win it but I think that GS/Houston series is going 7.

Man I really miss when my lakers were good. I sure focking hope we get somebody this summer. Don't care if it's AD, Kyrie, KD, Kawhai, Klay, or Butler. Just land at least one of them please!

The NBA is too ghetto for most people to want to watch and follow as entertainment of choice..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Kardashians flock had a birthday this week, so NBA lost half its viewers

Even the ghetto is torn on their entertainment of choice.

Because it's not even basketball anymore. Just give them all knives and lets make it a new sport for our entertainment. Shanking allowed under certain instances. Make it fun like the rollerball movie.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, trumpurethra said:

Players must be kneeling during the anthem.B)

Seriously, Houston looks legit this year. The beard is playing like kobe right now, butter on a roll. GS will probably win it but I think that GS/Houston series is going 7.

Man I really miss when my lakers were good. I sure focking hope we get somebody this summer. Don't care if it's AD, Kyrie, KD, Kawhai, Klay, or Butler. Just land at least one of them please!

Houston has a very good shot at the title.  I think they beat GS last year if CP doesn't get hurt.  They are playing even better this year.  GS looks a bit off, just lost Cousins.  

On 4/19/2019 at 5:40 AM, trumpurethra said:

It will probably come down to injuries.  If one side suffers a key injury that limits someone or causes them to miss a game, the other side will win.

On 4/19/2019 at 9:29 AM, Herbivore said:

Houston has a very good shot at the title.  I think they beat GS last year if CP doesn't get hurt.  They are playing even better this year.  GS looks a bit off, just lost Cousins.  

Yup

I don't follow, but honestly isn't it that it's been really damn predictable the last several years in a row? Basically, nobody bus ass until the playoffs. But even then, they pretty much know who's going to make it to the finals before the season even starts. At least that's been my impression. With the players forming their own super- teams, the idea of parity kind of flew out the window.

Somebody feel free to check me on that.

11 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I don't follow, but honestly isn't it that it's been really damn predictable the last several years in a row? Basically, nobody bus ass until the playoffs. But even then, they pretty much know who's going to make it to the finals before the season even starts. At least that's been my impression. With the players forming their own super- teams, the idea of parity kind of flew out the window.

You're mostly right. This year is a bit different. 

• Thanks 1

So... I had the Pacer/Celtic game on ABC.  A few minutes ago it went dark for a few seconds and now I'm watching America's Funniest Videos hosted by Carlton.

Anyone else have this problem?  :unsure:

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

So... I had the Pacer/Celtic game on ABC.  A few minutes ago it went dark for a few seconds and now I'm watching America's Funniest Videos hosted by Carlton.

Apparently this was a local Phoenix problem, as near as I can tell from Twitter.  

I like Carlton. AFV still works after all these years. Kids love it. 

How many times can you watch a did take a wiffleball to the nads?

Wiff-

The league seems dynasty driven, which is "easier" to do in basketball because there are only 5 on the court at a time. Superteams started around the 90's but usually with superstars on the downside of their careers.  Boston did it more recently with more success and younger stars.  Then mia with Bron and his not one but 6 championships. The Bron took his talents back to clev .  Warriors caught lightning in a bottle through good drafting and acquiring a few solid role players..... Then got durrant.

• Thanks 1

Left out the Spurs because they are not part of superteams model.  Their sustained success= great front office/coaching/talent/selflessness

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Lucky duck

Who the hell wants to watch a bunch of monkees stuff a coconut in basket for three hours?  

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

The league seems dynasty driven, which is "easier" to do in basketball because there are only 5 on the court at a time. Superteams started around the 90's but usually with superstars on the downside of their careers.  Boston did it more recently with more success and younger stars.  Then mia with Bron and his not one but 6 championships. The Bron took his talents back to clev .  Warriors caught lightning in a bottle through good drafting and acquiring a few solid role players..... Then got durrant.

I think we could be looking at a pretty good run of not quite dynasty teams.  GS is coming to end.  One might be put together, whether its LA or the NY rumors work out.  But otherwise there are a good amount of good to very good teams, Hou, Mil, Bos, Phi, Ind, Tor, Den, Utah, Por, even LaC and Brooklyn.  I like the current direction.  

55 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I think we could be looking at a pretty good run of not quite dynasty teams.  GS is coming to end.  One might be put together, whether its LA or the NY rumors work out.  But otherwise there are a good amount of good to very good teams, Hou, Mil, Bos, Phi, Ind, Tor, Den, Utah, Por, even LaC and Brooklyn.  I like the current direction.  

seems like there is potential to lose durrant, green, and thompson..... we would see much more parody  throughout the league.

3 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Who the hell wants to watch a bunch of monkees stuff a coconut in basket for three hours?  

You're a dumbass

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't believe that someone would slash Harden's throat like that...

1 hour ago, posty said:

I can't believe that someone would slash Harden's throat like that...

Is there something wrong with him? Does he usually behave like that? 

On 4/21/2019 at 1:16 AM, shorepatrol said:

You're mostly right. This year is a bit different. 

Not much.  The last 3 or 4 years was "How many games does GS need to beat CLE?"  This year, it's "How many games does GS need to beat BOS/TOR?"

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is there something wrong with him? Does he usually behave like that? 

I have no idea...  I do know that he tries to get to the foul line as much as possible, so I guess he tries every stupid thing possible to get there...

Im not here to bash the NBA.  But I just dont care to watch it anymore.  Growing up in the 90s and growing up playing basketball....I liked the NBA quite a bit.  Im not sure what happened other than a lack of parity and wonder.  Maybe chucking and flopping.

Harden is a tough one.  He is such a good offensive player.  The step back J is insane.  Not a blackhole, and good with assists.  Getting to the line is good, but how he gets there is a problem for me.  I blame the league for that mostly.  They cant keep calling fouls where the driver pretty much throws themselves into the defender or swings their arms into them.  

4 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

The step back J is insane.

For traveling...

55 minutes ago, posty said:

For traveling...

This is another thing.  Although it isnt new, it probably has gotten worse over the last decade.  Just basic traveling.  It is almost like it isnt a rule anymore.  These guys are already giant athletes.  They dont need an extra step.

Just seems like a series of make up calls also.  The NFL has them and they miss calls of course.  But not near the NBA.  Every drive is just a blur of bodies.  They blow the whistle when they feel like it.  There is hardly any real rhyme or reason to most of the calls.  If they miss then they blow late whistles.  If they make it they may swallow the whistle.  

4 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

You're a dumbass

Go pound sand sweater boy. 

Watching Dame $ end OKC's season was quite enjoyable last night.

Send the fake tough guy Westbrook home, 4-15 in the playoffs since Durant left.  Can't get out of the first round.

Can you imagine rooting for a team that had Durant, Harden and Westbrook, never won anything, then decided Westbrook was the guy you wanted to hitch your wagon to?

On 4/19/2019 at 11:29 AM, Herbivore said:

bit of a stretch, series was competitive before he went down and after. did seem to take their heart a bit but not sure they would have won regardless. gs is a juggernaut.

this year gs just pacing themselves. can flip the switch whenever they want. kobe/shaq lakers were same way. disinterested until it mattered....closers.

On 4/20/2019 at 11:06 PM, wiffleball said:

nba has always been this way. it is actually more competitive in the past decade than anytime in its history. just gs has the two best shooters in the game, Durant and curry. probably two of the top 10 shooters of all time.

going to be very hard to beat them even next year when they lose klay and Draymond. Durant and curry are that good.

9 minutes ago, trumpurethra said:

bit of a stretch, series was competitive before he went down and after. did seem to take their heart a bit but not sure they would have won regardless. gs is a juggernaut.

this year gs just pacing themselves. can flip the switch whenever they want. kobe/shaq lakers were same way. disinterested until it mattered....closers.

Houston was up 3-2, had a home game left, which they lost by 4 without CP3.  :dunno:

30 minutes ago, MDC said:

Can you imagine rooting for a team that had Durant, Harden and Westbrook, never won anything, then decided Westbrook was the guy you wanted to hitch your wagon to?

yeah okc gm gets a lot of props for his drafting but he did fock up here. if he never let harden go they win multiple rings. also primary reason kd left okc, because they let harden go.

now they stuck like chuck. as soon as westbrook athleticism fades they will be like the nets lol.