Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

NBA playoff ratings down big...

1 minute ago, trumpurethra said:

yeah okc gm gets a lot of props for his drafting but he did fock up here. if he never let harden go they win multiple rings. also primary reason kd left okc, because they let harden go.

now they stuck like chuck. as soon as westbrook athleticism fades they will be like the nets lol.

Speaking of the Nets I didn’t really care about them until this series but what a biitch organization from the GM down. I hope they max DLo and go 42-40 for the next 10 years.

10 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Houston was up 3-2, had a home game left, which they lost by 4 without CP3.  :dunno:

and gs would try harder if cp on the court. human nature to let up when opponent is hindered. could easily have been gs in 6 with healthy cp3. 

59 minutes ago, trumpurethra said:

and gs would try harder if cp on the court. human nature to let up when opponent is hindered. could easily have been gs in 6 with healthy cp3. 

its looking like you don't follow basketball.  CP3 played the first 5 games of the series.  Got hurt at the end of game 5.  They then lost game 6 and game 7.  

its funny you would say its a stretch that Hou would win the series while up 3-2, and then try to back it up with human nature says they weren't trying their best.  

Great game!  Clippers beat the Warriors again.  Series is GS 3 - LA 2 - going to game 6 in LA

On 4/24/2019 at 10:59 AM, Herbivore said:

its looking like you don't follow basketball.  CP3 played the first 5 games of the series.  Got hurt at the end of game 5.  They then lost game 6 and game 7.  

its funny you would say its a stretch that Hou would win the series while up 3-2, and then try to back it up with human nature says they weren't trying their best.  

Great, just what the world needs, another snarky little beotch. But sure, I'll play along. Both teams are 100% healthy right now. GS goin hard for the trophy, Houston is whining about the refs.

Used to see exact same thing with the lakers back in the shaq/kobe days. Lakers would cruise through regular season, lose to teams they shouldn't, play down to competition, turn it on when they had to, and other teams would gripe about the officials. Same thing with GS.

On 4/20/2019 at 8:40 PM, riversco said:

It will probably come down to injuries.  If one side suffers a key injury that limits someone or causes them to miss a game, the other side will win.

Nope, GS still wins even if one of their starting 5 go down. With the exception of KD. KD getting another ring this year. Good for him. Love to watch the dude ball out. 

Obama ain't paying cable bills anymore

14 minutes ago, trumpurethra said:

Great, just what the world needs, another snarky little beotch. But sure, I'll play along. Both teams are 100% healthy right now. GS goin hard for the trophy, Houston is whining about the refs.

Used to see exact same thing with the lakers back in the shaq/kobe days. Lakers would cruise through regular season, lose to teams they shouldn't, play down to competition, turn it on when they had to, and other teams would gripe about the officials. Same thing with GS.

you were wrong, its not someone else's fault.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

you were wrong, its not someone else's fault.  

It's always someone else's fault, I thought you were one of the lib's?  How can you abandon one of the most basic elements of liberalism?

11 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

It's always someone else's fault, I thought you were one of the lib's?  How can you abandon one of the most basic elements of liberalism?

:D  it comes after which way is the wind blowing

On 4/22/2019 at 9:32 AM, Herbivore said:

I think we could be looking at a pretty good run of not quite dynasty teams.  GS is coming to end.  One might be put together, whether its LA or the NY rumors work out.  But otherwise there are a good amount of good to very good teams, Hou, Mil, Bos, Phi, Ind, Tor, Den, Utah, Por, even LaC and Brooklyn.  I like the current direction.  

On 4/22/2019 at 10:28 AM, Bier Meister said:

seems like there is potential to lose durrant, green, and thompson..... we would see much more parody  throughout the league.

Wishful thinking.  You know when these guys leave, they're going to go to a team that has at least 2 legit top tier players.  If they all can't find one, then one or two will go to the same team.  I guarantee you that there will be 2 teams with 3 top 15 players on it, and then they'll be the two teams that the great role players go to and then there'll 2 or 3 team with 2 top 15 players with decent role players.  These teams will make up your final four for the next 3 seasons.  The last few years it was GS and CLE, the next few will be "X" and "Y".  Just because the team name changes, it doesn't mean parity, it just means that it's 2 new teams' turn to be the short dynasty.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Wishful thinking.  You know when these guys leave, they're going to go to a team that has at least 2 legit top tier players.  If they all can't find one, then one or two will go to the same team.  I guarantee you that there will be 2 teams with 3 top 15 players on it, and then they'll be the two teams that the great role players go to and then there'll 2 or 3 team with 2 top 15 players with decent role players.  These teams will make up your final four for the next 3 seasons.  The last few years it was GS and CLE, the next few will be "X" and "Y".  Just because the team name changes, it doesn't mean parity, it just means that it's 2 new teams' turn to be the short dynasty.

It would be nice if there were teams that could come out of nowhere to truly contend.  Last year's Celtics were an interesting story, as are this years Bucks. But they really don't look like they can beat the Warriors.  

22 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

imo, if the warriors lose two of those three, there will be more opportunity for the other teams to take the championship... so a more competitive league in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

It would be nice if there were teams that could come out of nowhere to truly contend.  Last year's Celtics were an interesting story, as are this years Bucks. But they really don't look like they can beat the Warriors.  

I liked the late 80's and 90's version the best.  Yeah, I know the Bulls won all the time, but let's not pretend that the other teams weren't true contenders.  Every year it took multiple big shots in multiple playoff games that were needed to beat teams like Cleveland, Boston, NY, Indiana, and Detroit in the playoffs.  The Bulls were going 6 and 7 games every year in every round of the playoffs (except the first).  They also needed 6 and 7 games in the Championship too.  It's not like today where the Miami, then Cleveland just walked to the finals.  I guess this year, it'll actually be 2 teams in the East fighting.  So, it's a small improvement.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I liked the late 80's and 90's version the best.  Yeah, I know the Bulls won all the time, but let's not pretend that the other teams weren't true contenders.  Every year it took multiple big shots in multiple playoff games that were needed to beat teams like Cleveland, Boston, NY, Indiana, and Detroit in the playoffs.  The Bulls were going 6 and 7 games every year in every round of the playoffs (except the first).  They also needed 6 and 7 games in the Championship too.  It's not like today where the Miami, then Cleveland just walked to the finals.  I guess this year, it'll actually be 2 teams in the East fighting.  So, it's a small improvement.

The 2015 and 2016 finals were pretty great though.  Last year, not so much.  

21 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

imo, if the warriors lose two of those three, there will be more opportunity for the other teams to take the championship... so a more competitive league in the playoffs.

I see that, but as I said, I don't see that as more competitive.  Just because it's not GS and CLE, but instead be HOU and MIL (as an example), it doesn't make the league more competitive, it just changes what 2 teams are the power teams.  I don't think that when GS loses a lot of players that those players are going to go to weaker teams and build them up, they'll just jump on another team that's one player away.  Shifting the power teams isn't making the league more competitive, it's just transferring the power.

35 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

The 2015 and 2016 finals were pretty great though.  Last year, not so much.  

There's nothing wrong with the Finals.  Every year is fine for the most part because they're always 2 of the top 5 teams in the league.  That's not really my complaint with the league.  It's that there's no mystery or question about who's going to be in the finals.  Before the season starts, every year, I know at least 12 teams that have a 0% chance of making the playoffs.  I know at least 12 teams have a 100% chance of making the playoffs.  So, in November, I know the fate of at least 80% of teams.  The other 6 teams are playoff borderline teams that really won't play an impact on the season.  What good is a league where they play for 6 months just to see what 4 teams are the top 2 in each conference?  Basically, wait until June to watch basketball.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There's nothing wrong with the Finals.  Every year is fine for the most part because they're always 2 of the top 5 teams in the league.  That's not really my complaint with the league.  It's that there's no mystery or question about who's going to be in the finals.  Before the season starts, every year, I know at least 12 teams that have a 0% chance of making the playoffs.  I know at least 12 teams have a 100% chance of making the playoffs.  So, in November, I know the fate of at least 80% of teams.  The other 6 teams are playoff borderline teams that really won't play an impact on the season.  What good is a league where they play for 6 months just to see what 4 teams are the top 2 in each conference?  Basically, wait until June to watch basketball.

This is true.  I never watch until the playoffs now.  During the Bulls run, I watched nearly every game on tv or in person.  

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

This is true.  I never watch until the playoffs now.  During the Bulls run, I watched nearly every game on tv or in person.  

Agreed.  Back in the day, I was a Phoenix Suns fan.  Not once during that Bulls run did I think the Suns had no chance.  Every year I knew they'd be in it with a chance to win.  Today, if you're not a fan of GS, you're begging and hoping that half of the Warriors team gets hurt and can't play for you to even have an ounce of hope.

37 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I see that, but as I said, I don't see that as more competitive.  Just because it's not GS and CLE, but instead be HOU and MIL (as an example), it doesn't make the league more competitive, it just changes what 2 teams are the power teams.  I don't think that when GS loses a lot of players that those players are going to go to weaker teams and build them up, they'll just jump on another team that's one player away.  Shifting the power teams isn't making the league more competitive, it's just transferring the power.

= more balance and opportunity imo

34 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This has been mostly true for a long time now.  The NBA though, is also about trajectory, not just the one season.  Philly for example has been making their steps in the process..will they make the next step...  Lebron being a generational player, and Durant being a gigantic pooooooosaaaaaay have taken a lot out of the overall competitive balance, but again I think the league is moving in the right direction here.  There are a lot of young talented players in the league right now.  

23 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agreed.  Back in the day, I was a Phoenix Suns fan.  Not once during that Bulls run did I think the Suns had no chance.  Every year I knew they'd be in it with a chance to win.  Today, if you're not a fan of GS, you're begging and hoping that half of the Warriors team gets hurt and can't play for you to even have an ounce of hope.

You should have.  They didn't.  

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

= more balance and opportunity imo

I don't consider the shifting of power to equal more balance.  Just a different 2 or 3 teams are dominating.  Still makes the other 27 teams and playoffs (until the finals), worthless.

52 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

This has been mostly true for a long time now.  The NBA though, is also about trajectory, not just the one season.  Philly for example has been making their steps in the process..will they make the next step...  Lebron being a generational player, and Durant being a gigantic pooooooosaaaaaay have taken a lot out of the overall competitive balance, but again I think the league is moving in the right direction here.  There are a lot of young talented players in the league right now.  

You should have.  They didn't.  

LOL :cheers:

(jerk) 🤣

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't consider the shifting of power to equal more balance.  Just a different 2 or 3 teams are dominating.  Still makes the other 27 teams and playoffs (until the finals), worthless.

I disagree.  If the Warriors level off, I thing the door opens throughout the league.  There will always be stronger teams in any league.  This would increase probability across the NBA. 

45 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I disagree.  If the Warriors level off, I thing the door opens throughout the league.  There will always be stronger teams in any league.  This would increase probability across the NBA. 

It's possible, but we'll have to see how it plays out.  If they (GS), lose 3 guys, like I said, it's my belief that they're just going to go to teams that are really good and need 1 player to make them contend.  Right now there's 3 teams it looks like, in GS, TOR, and BOS... maybe 4 with HOU.  If those guys leave GS and one goes to TOR, one to BOS, and one to HOU, that didn't open doors throughout the league, it slammed them shut to everyone other than TOR, BOS, and HOU.  But, yeah, we'll have to see how it plays out and where these guys go.

Winning players are going to want to play where they have a chance to win. So they are likely heading to playoff-worth teams, with the possibility of KD going to NY.  Warriors have seemed to "relax" in the regular season since their 73 wins... playing well enough to clinch a 1 or 2 seed and turn it up in the playoffs.  I think the seeding and playoff odds will change a bit.

25 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's possible, but we'll have to see how it plays out.  If they (GS), lose 3 guys, like I said, it's my belief that they're just going to go to teams that are really good and need 1 player to make them contend.  Right now there's 3 teams it looks like, in GS, TOR, and BOS... maybe 4 with HOU.  If those guys leave GS and one goes to TOR, one to BOS, and one to HOU, that didn't open doors throughout the league, it slammed them shut to everyone other than TOR, BOS, and HOU.  But, yeah, we'll have to see how it plays out and where these guys go.

KD is the only one that will leave GS.  Milly and Philly should be on any list of teams with a shot at the title.  Indy, Port, and Denver are teams with the right addition can have some title talk.  What about if Porzingus comes back healthy, and Luka is the real deal.  NBA is great right now.  

never seen it.

On 4/22/2019 at 7:38 AM, 12th Man said:

Who the hell wants to watch a bunch of monkees stuff a coconut in basket for three hours?  

Like I said a few weeks back, we have a lot of racists and bigots that feel welcome here. Most of the time, you all code your racist posts a little better, then all the racists agree and you play dumb if someone calls you out. But sometimes I guess that safety in racist numbers feeling leads to a slip up like this. But no worries, as the racists here won’t make a big deal of it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey, when did Brooklyn get a team? 

Do all the Burroughs get one? 

I imagine the WNBA already has Queens.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:35 PM, cbfalcon said:

Like I said a few weeks back, we have a lot of racists and bigots that feel welcome here. Most of the time, you all code your racist posts a little better, then all the racists agree and you play dumb if someone calls you out. But sometimes I guess that safety in racist numbers feeling leads to a slip up like this. But no worries, as the racists here won’t make a big deal of it. 

Maxine Waters advocated for harassing and protesting republicans out in public places and is still allowed to have a seat in congress. And no matter what excuse or reinterpretation people may have for that event, its out there and nothing was done.  Madonna said someone should kill Trump and nothing was done.  Maybe you wanna say this is whataboutism but I can tell you this: that civility is long gone and the post you made will reach zero people in this day and age.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:40 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

There's nothing wrong with the Finals.  

The only thing wrong with the Finals is that they have WAY too much time between games.

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Maxine Waters advocated for harassing and protesting republicans out in public places and is still allowed to have a seat in congress. And no matter what excuse or reinterpretation people may have for that event, its out there and nothing was done.  Madonna said someone should kill Trump and nothing was done.  Maybe you wanna say this is whataboutism but I can tell you this: that civility is long gone and the post you made will reach zero people in this day and age.

made sense to me...lotta racists up in here.  

Dang the Cs have been terrible.  Half the team is ice cold.  there was one stretch where Al, Hayward, then Kyrie all missed open 3s on the same possession.  

Fricker is right, too much time between games.  

KD and Curry both missed (game ending) wide open 3's to tie it. Could of got damn good odds on that not happening.

1 hour ago, riversco said:

You should find a message board that both Maxine Waters and Madonna post on regularly. Then if someone on that forum calls them out for their actions, you should point out to everyone that there is a different message board called the Geek Club that has lots of racists and bigots posting there.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:35 PM, cbfalcon said:

Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?