Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

NBA playoff ratings down big...

18 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Good to see the Bucks take another one in Boston.  :doublethumbsup:

Whole lot of "experts" here claimed the series over after the Celtics won game 1 :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

It's telling that someone would consider being anti-racism and anti-bigotry to be a lonely place to sit.

17 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

You should find a message board that both Maxine Waters and Madonna post on regularly. Then if someone on that forum calls them out for their actions, you should point out to everyone that there is a different message board called the Geek Club that has lots of racists and bigots posting there.

I don't know what tht has to do with my point that civility is dead but OK.

Can we get back to talking about the NBA?

Okay, the Bucks should put the final nail in the Celtics coffin tonight.  That would definitely be a big win for America and we should all celebrate.  The good news is that after tonight Kyrie Irving will have time to film Uncle Drew 2: Electric Boogalo.

Simmons is a non-factor, if he isn't interested in developing a jumper he will always be ineffective in the playoffs.

He's young, hopefully they work it out but, his jumper has to be completely torn down and rebuilt from the bottom up.

Embiid has basically been a no show as well, didn't expect those 2 to be so ineffective but, after watching Simmons play... I get it.

10 minutes ago, Reality said:

Simmons is a non-factor, if he isn't interested in developing a jumper he will always be ineffective in the playoffs.

He's young, hopefully they work it out but, his jumper has to be completely torn down and rebuilt from the bottom up.

Embiid has basically been a no show as well, didn't expect those 2 to be so ineffective but, after watching Simmons play... I get it.

Embid is sick. He has no energy, but he is a truly dominant center when healthy. No worries at all about him.

Simmons is starting to look like a big disappointment. Last year, he sucked in the playoffs but I wrote it off to him being a rookie and thought he'd watch film and learn from it. He was literally a wasted body on the court for Philly last night.  He dribbles down, passes to Butler or Harris, then drifts down in the corner and gets out of the way. He's not going to receive a pass from someone who penetrates and kicks it out, because he's so bad at shooting that he refuses to even try taking a jumpshot. Simmons never touches the ball once he dribbles down and passes it to a wing. He's invisible. At this point, I'd rather see McConnell in there. He's got energy.

It's easy to forget that Simmons is only in year two, but considering there was no improvement from year one, I'm starting to think that he is who he is. A very good regular season player when teams are playing a much softer defense.

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Okay, the Bucks should put the final nail in the Celtics coffin tonight.  That would definitely be a big win for America and we should all celebrate.  The good news is that after tonight Kyrie Irving will have time to film Uncle Drew 2: Electric Boogalo.

It's telling that a racist bigot would "Want to get back to talking about the NBA."

• Haha 1

Simmons should still have time.  In a way, he is hurt by Philly being as good as they are.  If he was on the Bobcats or something, he would have a little more time to work on the jumper.  But, yes, you want to see some improvement and that didn't happen.  Tatum and Mitchell kind of took a step back also.  

6 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

+1

the more kyrie loses the funnier he gets.   

Kyrie Irving on his recent bad shooting stretch: "who cares?...."

He goes on to talk about the Bucks defense and matching their aggressiveness:

"for me, the 22 shots...I should've shot 30"

might actually watch some of tonights hou/gsw game.

hardin is on a historic  run and gsw seams like an exciting team.

I am amazed at how it seems the media other than Barkley downplay the Bucks. The Greek Freak is the MVP and is only going to get better.

I’m on my way to the Bucks/Celtics game. Not an NBA fan, but it should be a good time. Going to blow off some steam...will most definitely be a shitshow.

4 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I’m on my way to the Bucks/Celtics game. Not an NBA fan, but it should be a good time. Going to blow off some steam...will most definitely be a shitshow.

Do you live in that area? I grew up in Hartland.

Just now, Mr. Hand said:

Do you live in that area? I grew up in Hartland.

I’m in NE WI. Get to Packer games every year, but it’s been 25 years or so since I’ve been to a Bucks game.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

I’m in NE WI. Get to Packer games every year, but it’s been 25 years or so since I’ve been to a Bucks game.

I went to college at Eau Claire. My two brothers are still in the Hartland area. I miss Wisconsin and I'm jealous you will be there tonight. I went to a game last year and watching the Greek Freak in person was amazing. That dude is incredible and so humble. Have fun tonight and yes, I am a huge Packers fan too.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

I went to college at Eau Claire. My two brothers are still in the Hartland area. I miss Wisconsin and I'm jealous you will be there tonight. I went to a game last year and watching the Greek Freak in person was amazing. That dude is incredible and so humble. Have fun tonight and yes, I am a huge Packers fan too.

👍

Will definitely have fun. If you happen to be in NE WI with nothing to do, let me know. I’d be happy to catch a couple drinks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

👍

Will definitely have fun. If you happen to be in NE WI with nothing to do, let me know. I’d be happy to catch a couple drinks.

Rosies on Water Street was one of my favorite places when I lived downtown.

I’m not all that worried about Simmons TBH. Yeah he’s been dreadful in the playoffs and his future is probably in a point forward role rather than a PG. but he’s a 2/ y/o who plays very good D and averages almost a triple double. His first two years out Giannis’s to shame. He will be fine.

Embiid needs to commit to getting in superior shape or he will break down in the postseason every year.

Sixers are probably done. I will root for the Bucks or Raptors if Philly ends up losing.

Fock the Celtics.

38 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Get a room, you two. 

rosie's has rooms, with waist high holes in the wall.

17 minutes ago, Reality said:

I'm sure Kyrie will be happy on his next team.

Kurie needs to realize that he is not a Jordan. He is a pippen. He is that second tier guy that can help a superstar get past the other superstars. He is not a guy who can carry a team. 

Kevin Durant is hurt.  update: right calf strain.  MRI to follow.  Could be a torn achilles.

9 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Kevin Durant is hurt.  update: right calf strain.  MRI to follow.  Could be a torn achilles.

This is a pretty big focking deal.

I know Golden State is a west coast team, but these late night games are focking stupid.  I've ranted here before, but how do they expect kids to watch the games when they're on so late at night?  I can't even stay awake long enough to catch a whole game anymore.  MLB does the same with the playoffs and WS.  

This has to be a huge ratings killer, but I guess they don't care as long as they start the game when it's still technically prime time. 

Maybe my memory is off but I remember watching all the major sport's playoff games when I was a kid.  And I didn't have to stay up until midnight to do it.  

11 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Kurie needs to realize that he is not a Jordan. He is a pippen. He is that second tier guy that can help a superstar get past the other superstars. He is not a guy who can carry a team. 

radio show was talking about this last night..saying its not really fair, there are only like 5 guys in the league you can say this about.  Giannis, KD, Kawhi, and Lebron were all included, Harden was on the fence and some said Curry, Lillard.  I think Kyrie is right there with Curry and Lillard.  Kyrie would just need the right mix of players.  

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

radio show was talking about this last night..saying its not really fair, there are only like 5 guys in the league you can say this about.  Giannis, KD, Kawhi, and Lebron were all included, Harden was on the fence and some said Curry, Lillard.  I think Kyrie is right there with Curry and Lillard.  Kyrie would just need the right mix of players.  

He showed the ability to take over games in the finals against GS a few years ago.  I haven't seen him play much since then.  Can he still do it?  

Just now, vuduchile said:

He showed the ability to take over games in the finals against GS a few years ago.  I haven't seen him play much since then.  Can he still do it?  

If you went by his playoffs this year..NO.  But I still think he can.  The knee though is an issue.  He was awesome until the injury last year.  

43 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I know Golden State is a west coast team, but these late night games are focking stupid.  I've ranted here before, but how do they expect kids to watch the games when they're on so late at night?  I can't even stay awake long enough to catch a whole game anymore.  MLB does the same with the playoffs and WS.  

This has to be a huge ratings killer, but I guess they don't care as long as they start the game when it's still technically prime time. 

Maybe my memory is off but I remember watching all the major sport's playoff games when I was a kid.  And I didn't have to stay up until midnight to do it.  

TV man, TV...  They don't want the games overlapping, so that is what you will get...

If it ends up being Bucks/Nuggets the finals may get fewer viewers than Small Wonder reruns. 

12 minutes ago, posty said:

TV man, TV...  They don't want the games overlapping, so that is what you will get...

There must be a way to do it so that games aren't tipping off at 10:30 pm eastern on a week night.  

14 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

There must be a way to do it so that games aren't tipping off at 10:30 pm eastern on a week night.  

We need time to get there after work. Maybe 6p start instead of 7:30?

12 hours ago, Gepetto said:

2 hours ago, vuduchile said:

This is a pretty big focking deal.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account @wojespn

Early indications on Kevin Durant's lower leg, league source tells ESPN: It doesn't appear to be an Achilles injury.

9:35 PM - 8 May 2019
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

That would certainly help

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

What time would the non-West coast game start?

33 minutes ago, posty said:

What time would the non-West coast game start?

What works for the hosting city?

I live 67 miles from oracle arena (1 hr, 20 min with no traffic)

59 miles from Pac bell/AT&T/Oracle park (1 hr 20 min with no traffic)

100 miles from Levi (2 hrs with no traffic)

103 from SAP Center (2 hrs with no traffic)

If I were to leave work at 4p, (which can be tough in itself) very tight making tip, first pitch, puck drop.

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

What works for the hosting city?

That doesn't matter, it is all about TV...

They aren't going to start a game earlier than 7pm ET for games on the East Coast...  If it is playoffs, it will be 7:30pm or 8pm ET...  Because of that, the West Coast games will be 10pm or 10:30pm.  There is no way around it...

There is one game on Friday in Houston and they are a 9pm game, which means a 9:10-9:15pm ET start...  The finals will be the same way...

As long as the league gets money from TV, it won't matter what works for the home team...

Look at baseball...  How many times in the playoffs was the Dodgers at home would play at 4pm ET and the Yankees or Red Sox (at home) would be at 8pm ET...

Pulling for Bucks, Raptors, Rockets and Nuggets. 

One down, three to go.

The Joker is the most fun out of all of them to watch. 

8 minutes ago, posty said:

That doesn't matter, it is all about TV...

They aren't going to start a game earlier than 7pm ET for games on the East Coast...  If it is playoffs, it will be 7:30pm or 8pm ET...  Because of that, the West Coast games will be 10pm or 10:30pm.  There is no way around it...

There is one game on Friday in Houston and they are a 9pm game, which means a 9:10-9:15pm ET start...  The finals will be the same way...

As long as the league gets money from TV, it won't matter what works for the home team...

Look at baseball...  How many times in the playoffs was the Dodgers at home would play at 4pm ET and the Yankees or Red Sox (at home) would be at 8pm ET...

I do not recall an east coast hosting team starting a game at 10-10:30p est.