Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

NBA playoff ratings down big...

11 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I do not recall an east coast hosting team starting a game at 10-10:30p est.

They don't...  They will start at 8pm ET (or 9pm ET if they are the only game)...  Since they want as much in prime time, the West Coast games will start at 10:30pm ET...

5 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Maybe my memory is off but I remember watching all the major sport's playoff games when I was a kid.  And I didn't have to stay up until midnight to do it.  

We had Bird v. Magic for how many Finals back in the day?

Maybe I'm just forgetting, but don't recall any 10:30 Eastern tip offs. 

6 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

the finals will have 9pm starts.  Its when there are multiple games that they would go for 7 and 10:30

28 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Right.  I wonder how they scheduled it back then.  Surely there’s a googles expert who can find out. 

When America was great, the NBA finals were on tape delay. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, fandandy said:

There should be a button on the remote to mute female announcers.

Seconded

29 minutes ago, fandandy said:

There should be a button on the remote to mute female announcers.

There is. It's the channel change button. If enough people press it, she gets muted permanently. 

19 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I hated living in the eastern Time zone for this reason. MNF was always on late as fock. 

Alas - the days when MNF was the shiit.

19 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

There is. It's the channel change button. If enough people press it, she gets muted permanently. 

I've never been bothered by someone calling a game. And I watch a ton of sports.  I think that once you've decided an announcer annoys you, you focus on it and every sentence is infuriating. I hear it a lot during football season with Collingsworth. It just doesn't bother me. Now there are some that I really like. Used to love Madden and Sumerall. And Keith Jackson for college games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

I've never been bothered by someone calling a game. And I watch a ton of sports.  I think that once you've decided an announcer annoys you, you focus on it and every sentence is infuriating. I hear it a lot during football season with Collingsworth. It just doesn't bother me. Now there are some that I really like. Used to love Madden and Sumerall. And Keith Jackson for college games.

Keith Jackson was amazing. Whoa Nellie.

7 hours ago, The Observer said:

Generally I just find an announcer background noise. They don't really affect the experience either way.

And while I try not to be a sexist pig and all, yeah... I don't want to hear female voices when I'm watching football.

You see, women prefer to hear about female things from ghey men for some reason. Makeup. Hair. Fashion. Whatever. All ghey male experts.

Maybe they assume we want bull dykes telling us about male stuff. But we don't. Male stuff is a refuge away from them. The only women allowed are ones engaged in serving food or wearing something sexy and silently. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Hand said:

Keith Jackson was amazing. Whoa Nellie.

I miss Keith. I even miss Jon Madden. And as a Tennessee Vols fan, I miss Jon ward. 

Steph is the focking truth boys. 

Did Steph really give them boys 33 in the 2nd half on the road?

GD! That's a Bad bad bad Boy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Steph is the focking truth boys. 

Did Steph really give them boys 33 in the 2nd half on the road?

GD! That's a Bad bad bad Boy!

Yep.  Curry with 33 in the 2nd half.  

Why has everyone forgetten that GS won a title with nearly the same team they put on the floor tonight?  

Durant might be the best player in the league, but they don’t even need him.  

Just now, Vince44 said:

Tough bounce for the Sixers. Painful way to lose a Game 7.

That was rough but I really need to tip my hat to Kahwi, he is truly awesome. Seems like a good guy too. The ECF will be a war this year.

So all the canadian teams were out in the first round in the NHL playoffs, meanwhile a canadian team is in the conference finals in the NBA. 

8 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Freaking nuggets. Blew a 17 point lead.

Typical NBA game...

On 5/10/2019 at 11:47 PM, vuduchile said:

Yep.  Curry with 33 in the 2nd half.  

Why has everyone forgetten that GS won a title with nearly the same team they put on the floor tonight?  

Durant might be the best player in the league, but they don’t even need him.  

That was very impressive.  Houston really got cold in the 4th.  

• Like 1

I didn't get to see any of yesterday's games.  Looks like I missed a couple good ones.  

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

That was very impressive.  Houston really got cold tight in the 4th.  

so, how are the ratings?

1 minute ago, taco breath said:

so, how are the ratings?

Don't know but I've watched more NBA playoffs this year than the previous 10 years combined.

As long as Durant is out, the playoffs remain interesting.  The NBA has sucked since he decided to take the easy way out and join a team that was already the best rather than being a man and a competitor and try to lift another team to that level.  Golden State could split into two teams and both would make the playoffs. Not much fun in watching that. Hopefully, his injury lingers and this stays interesting.

17 minutes ago, The Observer said:

As long as Durant is out, the playoffs remain interesting.  The NBA has sucked since he decided to take the easy way out and join a team that was already the best rather than being a man and a competitor and try to lift another team to that level.  Golden State could split into two teams and both would make the playoffs. Not much fun in watching that. Hopefully, his injury lingers and this stays interesting.

For the rest of his life he will hear about what weak move it was.  I don't think he quite realizes how it will never escape him.  

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

For the rest of his life he will hear about what weak move it was.  I don't think he quite realizes how it will never escape him.  

Just to prove how weak it was, without him, they're still the favorites. He's great but not even necessary on that team. I can't think of a more lame move in any sport. Basically decided to join the team that was already the best to ensure himself of rings.

3 hours ago, The Observer said:

Just to prove how weak it was, without him, they're still the favorites. He's great but not even necessary on that team. I can't think of a more lame move in any sport. Basically decided to join the team that was already the best to ensure himself of rings.

He got paid a lot, goes to a city that’s the fake gangster cred capital of the world in Oakland and gets to win. I think it was just a smart move and he won’t care what forum critics all over will say about it. Warriors are a top flight organization too with amenities and such for the team.

8 hours ago, The Observer said:

It would be like if Larry Bird had joined the Lakers.  Or Jordan joined the Pistons.

14 hours ago, tanatastic said:

He got paid a lot, goes to a city that’s the fake gangster cred capital of the world in Oakland and gets to win. I think it was just a smart move and he won’t care what forum critics all over will say about it. Warriors are a top flight organization too with amenities and such for the team.

Oh, I'm not saying it was a bad move. He has zero pressure. He has an off night, he's still on the best team even without him. No one's going to criticize. And he's collecting rings, so his "official" legacy will be that of a champion. There won't be an asterisk saying the team would have also won them without him.  So from a money, pressure, way of life perspective, he knocked it out of the park.  It's just lame and unimpressive.

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

It's just lame and unimpressive.

The dude out played the assumed best player in the world to win 2 Finals MVP.  The notion that sort of thing isn't impressive is absurd.

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

The dude out played the assumed best player in the world to win 2 Finals MVP.  The notion that sort of thing isn't impressive is absurd.

On a team that would have won had he not been playing. I'm not denying he's a great player. Would be much more impressive had he taken Oklahoma there or gone to a different team and made them a contender. Going to the best team and making them bester is a just a :yawn: for me.

On 5/2/2019 at 8:22 AM, Herbivore said:

you were wrong, its not someone else's fault.  

Lol, flipped the switch. Lakers used to do it all the time. Back then I was younger and used to get spun up easily. Not as bad as you obviously do But there were times I could have used some cranberry juice lol😂.

Anyway, the Shaq/Kobe Lakers used to drop games they shouldn't all the time. Used to get me worked up until I realized they don't give a sh!t unless the game matters. Then they closed that sh!t down. Warriors do same thing. Human nature when you are that good.

How in da fock do you blow not one, but TWO 17 pt. leads? :huh: