Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

The Self Purge

the homeless, poop thread got me thinking about this.

What if we offered a one-time event where anybody who signed up could get the most merciful death possible? I don't want to get into the mechanics of what that might be, I assume drugs, but that's another conversation entirely.

Moreover, there is a one-year waiting period. You have to demonstrate to whomever that you are at least able to make such a judgment. And also an age protocol. Say 30 and above.

I have to believe the turnout would be pretty large actually. I think most of the homeless or a good chunk of them at least really would prefer to just drift off for the long sleep rather than the daily god- awful Drudge. Then of course, are the elderly and those with horrible wasting diseases.

Yeah, some of you say that well people can do that right now! But it's a hell of a hurdle to get over to actually kill oneself. Especially if you don't have access to firearms and drugs and or whatever.

Opt out at any time. Even 2 minutes before your death.

I have to think it would do a world of good for both our homeless and our Medical Care crises.

What say you?

Not sure about your purge idea, but I've often wondered how one can live like that day in, day out. Call me weak but I'd definitely probably just say fock it and end it.  Double dose of H should do the trick. Why keep living that way? 

Is it religion and fear of Hell due to suicide?  If that's the case then probably won't make it to Heaven anyways due to your life choices. 

7 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

What if we offered a one-time event where anybody who signed up could get the most merciful death possible? I don't want to get into the mechanics of what that might be, I assume drugs, but that's another conversation entirely.

Moreover, there is a one-year waiting period. You have to demonstrate to whomever that you are at least able to make such a judgment. And also an age protocol. Say 30 and above.

I have to believe the turnout would be pretty large actually. I think most of the homeless or a good chunk of them at least really would prefer to just drift off for the long sleep rather than the daily god- awful Drudge. Then of course, are the elderly and those with horrible wasting diseases.

Yeah, some of you say that well people can do that right now! But it's a hell of a hurdle to get over to actually kill oneself. Especially if you don't have access to firearms and drugs and or whatever.

I have to think it would do a world of good for both our homeless and our Medical Care crises.

What say you?

You first. 

12 minutes ago, DonS said:

Not sure about your purge idea, but I've often wondered how one can live like that day in, day out. Call me weak but I'd definitely probably just say fock it and end it.  Double dose of H should do the trick. Why keep living that way? 

Is it religion and fear of Hell due to suicide?  If that's the case then probably won't make it to Heaven anyways due to your life choices. 

End of the day, self-preservation may be the  1  hard-code written into our operating systems. It's extremely difficult  to pull the trigger, so to speak, even when you want it over. This idea makes it a little easier.

But I agree with you in principle. I'd much rather swallow a bullet than Forage for food in a dumpster some dude just crapped in.

16 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

What say you?

This is very interesting. I'm guessing the turn out would be a lot of folks that you may not expect. First of all, I don't think it should be a one time deal. But rather a yearly thing. Or maybe quarterly. 

There are tons of people being kept alive that don't want to be. They led their lives and feel it's time to go but are kept alive on machines because the kids or spouse can't let go.

Homeless? I don't know how the advertising for this would get out to them. But overall for homeless, it would be a total criticism of the system that allows them to be so desperate to actually want to die. "We didn't take care of our own." Although the 'We' part of that is a bunch of hollywood types projecting their thoughts on you. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You first. 

dude, honestly , I think you must say s*** just to get attention. Just to have somebody respond to you negatively or positively, at least its a response. 

Either that, or you are just one miserable messed up dude.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

dude, honestly , I think you must say s*** just to get attention. Just to have somebody respond to you negatively or positively, at least its a response. 

Either that, or you are just one miserable messed up dude.

It was a joke missy. Lighten up. 

I dunno. I’d spent a good year and a half to two years pretty seriously depressed in addition to contemplating suicide in high school because my home life was a disaster. 

Things got better and I got over it.

I have to think there are better options than easy access to suicide.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I dunno. I’d spent a good year and a half to two years pretty seriously depressed in addition to contemplating suicide in high school because my home life was a disaster. 

That's a tough argument to beat. But your home life was before you became independent. Which was part of the criteria I think. 

9 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Probably why I said 30+.

13 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Serious question...

I had a stretch of depression myself. Focking stupid because it was 100% job stress related.  Anyways any fleeting "suicidal ideations" I had were quickly dispelled by reality of how it would destroy my family. Plus insurance won't pay out for suicide. What made you ride it out? 

Glad you're better. :cheers:

12 minutes ago, DonS said:

Serious question...

I had a stretch of depression myself. Focking stupid because it was 100% job stress related.  Anyways any fleeting "suicidal ideations" I had were quickly dispelled by reality of how it would destroy my family. Plus insurance won't pay out for suicide. What made you ride it out? 

Glad you're better. :cheers:

Well, we couldn’t afford counseling when I was in school. I just toughed it out. Then later, while going nowhere substitute teaching and living with my mom after getting dumped by my fiancé,  what cured me was getting off the plane in China. Suddenly I had a respectable job, disposable income, and soon enough a beautiful girlfriend.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Well, we couldn’t afford counseling when I was in school. I just toughed it out. Then later, while going nowhere substitute teaching and living with my mom after getting dumped by my fiancé,  what cured me was getting off the plane in China. Suddenly I had a respectable job, disposable income, and soon enough a beautiful girlfriend.

Thank you for sharing. That was very brave of you. Can size on mom? 

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

MDC is beautiful? No way. 

3 hours ago, DonS said:

I think that every time I go to the third world. Some of my wife's family for example. I'd eat a pointy bamboo stick if I had to live like that.

But most of em are happier than rich Americans I know. A lot of it has to do with what your expectations out of life are I guess. 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Thank you for sharing. That was very brave of you. Can size on mom? 

Women in my family have very large cans. If my daughters are lucky, the X chromosome they get from me beats the X chromosome they get from their mother.

14 hours ago, wiffleball said:

What say you?

Well I wouldn't want to be the one killing all these people. I can imagine pushing the drugs through the iv and instantly the person changes their mind, begging to come back. That would probably leave nightmares in everyone's heads. I could see that causing some suicide

All options to thin the herd should be on the table. I'm not so sure the homeless really would want to check out. They like where they are. The country definitely needs assisted suicide. We should be encouraging the life in prison losers to all check out.