Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Happy Easter!

19 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Happy Easter ya geeks.

What's on the menu for today?

Sticking with the more traditional dinner items for Easter. Cheese scalloped potatoes. Dry cured with salt ham. A couple racks of lamb. Roasted asparagus with lemon and some parm. Home made dinner rolls. Baked carrots. Lot's of good red wine. 

Not so traditional but the neighbors will bring a home made rum cake (It's pretty freakin awesome).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Happy Easter ya geeks.

What's on the menu for today?

Eating at 5 Church in Charleston. Got a buffet with crab legs, prime rib, shrimp and grits, peel and eat shrimp, swordfish, eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, roasted veggies, salmon lox, biscuits and gravy, Caesar salad, bloody Mary’s and mimosas, fresh berries with cream, and assorted cake pastries. Stuffed myself and sipping on coffee right now before we head out 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Eating at 5 Church in Charleston. Got a buffet with crab legs, prime rib, shrimp and grits, peel and eat shrimp, swordfish, eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, roasted veggies, salmon lox, biscuits and gravy, Caesar salad, bloody Mary’s and mimosas, fresh berries with cream, and assorted cake pastries. Stuffed myself and sipping on coffee right now before we head out 

Damn. Sounds awesome. Enjoy! 

Happy Easter geeks!  If you have young kids enjoy your day with them... mine are older now and it's kinda sad.  My two favorite family traditions were an egg hunt and a basket hunt.  For the former my wife and I stuffed a bunch of plastic eggs with candy and hid them around the house.  As recent as a few years ago (my oldest is 23) we said we were going to stop and the kids were all "noooooo$#@!".  For the basket hunt I came up with 3 clues for each kid.  Each clue led them on a search for the next clue, and finally the basket.

This year we didn't even get the baskets out.  My oldest (son) is in Dallas for work, my younger daughter is a hostess at Denny's (she is not looking forward to the post-church crowd), and my middle daughter is a vegan who is currently asleep.  :(

At least we've got some good food (lamb last night, ham tonight).  Also my wife is making what we pollacks call paska bread (aka challa aka egg bread).  :cheers:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Happy Easter geeks!  If you have young kids enjoy your day with them... mine are older now and it's kinda sad.  My two favorite family traditions were an egg hunt and a basket hunt.  For the former my wife and I stuffed a bunch of plastic eggs with candy and hid them around the house.  As recent as a few years ago (my oldest is 23) we said we were going to stop and the kids were all "noooooo$#@!".  For the basket hunt I came up with 3 clues for each kid.  Each clue led them on a search for the next clue, and finally the basket.

This year we didn't even get the baskets out.  My oldest (son) is in Dallas for work, my younger daughter is a hostess at Denny's (she is not looking forward to the post-church crowd), and my middle daughter is a vegan who is currently asleep.  :(

At least we've got some good food (lamb last night, ham tonight).  Also my wife is making what we pollacks call paska bread (aka challa aka egg bread).  :cheers:

Next time hide mini bottles of liquor in the eggs 👍

4 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Next time hide mini bottles of liquor in the eggs 👍

But then I'd never hide them.  :D

Just now, Djgb13 said:

🤣🤣🤣

My son actually likes hard liquor (Jameson is one of his faves).  My generation drank cheap beer at his age. :dunno:

Middle daughter occasionally has a glass of wine with us.  And of course drinks with her college buds.

Youngest I know has partied some but she is the diabetic and is wising up as she gets older.  Based on our recent Mexico trip where a bunch of classmates went down as well to party, she has become the "mom" who takes care of the drunk kids.

Happy Easter everyone.

Traditional Ham here and green bean casserole.  The usual

The most millennial thing about me is a somewhat foodie nature. I eat a lot of ethnic foods. I also like spicy food.

We are eating Indian curries today. 

There are 20 million Catholics in India. So this is traditional Easter food for a large Catholic population.

Happy Easter.

Not cooking.  Driving home from lake tahoe right now. Getting together with friends tonight. Just ordering take out.

Did any of you other married geeks make a "He is Risen" hardon joke to their wife this morning?  I can't be the only one. 

14 minutes ago, DonS said:

Did any of you other married geeks make a "He is Risen" hardon joke to their wife this morning?  I can't be the only one. 

There's a Yer mom joke in there somewhere Don......... 😜

17 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

There's a Yer mom joke in there somewhere Don......... 😜

Oh, I'm well aware of that. Tried my best to word it to avoid the multiple "yeah I showed my hardon to your wife as well". 

10 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

The most millennial thing about me is a somewhat foodie nature. I eat a lot of ethnic foods. I also like spicy food.

We are eating Indian curries today. 

There are 20 million Catholics in India. So this is traditional Easter food for a large Catholic population.

Pretty much the only place I can order food in English for delivery is an Indian place. I order at least once a week.

My new favorite is chicken vindaloo. Man that is some good, spicy sh!t. That and a pile of cheese naan and I'm a happy camper.

Indian and SE Asian food (Thai, Vietnamese, Laotian, all pretty much the same thing) are my jams. 

7 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Pretty much the only place I can order food in English for delivery is an Indian place. I order at least once a week.

My new favorite is chicken vindaloo. Man that is some good, spicy sh!t. That and a pile of cheese naan and I'm a happy camper.

Indian and SE Asian food (Thai, Vietnamese, Laotian, all pretty much the same thing) are my jams. 

I don’t know if they have it there (or how authentic it is) but I found something from Thai restaurants called Pad Sew Ew. Delicious and can make it as spicy as I want it 

8 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I prefer goat vindaloo only because I do not like eating chunks of bone in chicken. There are at least 5 different indian restaurants that deliver over uber eats to our house. It is our go-to delivery option when we are eating more expensive take out. Which we try not to do more than twice a month.

Sugar Land has the highest concentration of Asians in Texas. Altogether, 35.3% of the city's population is Asian; 10.7% is Asian Indian, 11.5% is Chinese, 4.5% is Vietnamese and 2% is Filipino.[51]

As of 2013, about one-third of the Asian population was Indian American, according to Harish Jajoo, a city council member of Indian origin. The Sugar Land area has Indian grocery stores, temples, several mosques and many Ismaili Jamatkhanas. Jajoo stated that the quality of the jobs, schools, and parks attracts people of Indian origin to Sugar Land.

9 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I prefer goat vindaloo only because I do not like eating chunks of bone in chicken. There are at least 5 different indian restaurants that deliver over uber eats to our house. It is our go-to delivery option when we are eating more expensive take out. Which we try not to do more than twice a month.

The place we get from has no bones. But yeah, I hate that. All the time in Chinese food here. 

I ate like a pig yesterday. Ham, mashed taters, corn, apple pie. I love holidays, only time of the year I eat like an absolute savage.