Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Baltimore sees biggest population loss in single year since 2001

Link

The city lost 7,346 people, or 1.2 percent of its population, during the 12 months that ended July 1, 2018, according to census figures published Thursday.

The decline, which puts Baltimore’s estimated population at 602,495 as of July 1, 2018, is the biggest loss the city has experienced in a single year since 2001. It also marks the fourth year in a row in which the city’s population has fallen, starting in 2015.

Good job Democrats, you continue to show how you cannot run sh!t......every place you have dominance is a sh!thole.

I have to wonder, do they ever sit back and wonder why this is true? Do they even realize it is true? Do they simply look around and blame others?  How can they live with themselves??

How many of those were murder victims?

Over the last 50 years you could write pretty much the exact same story about the City of Detroit.  There's been a minor slowdown in the last couple years, but that city is toast.  I don't see how it ever makes a full comeback.

A lot of the loss is due to people getting government vouchers, moving to surrounding counties, and doing their best to transform those areas to the shiotholes they came from. It’s sad and fascinating to watch communities deteriorate so quickly. 

23 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Link

Good job Democrats, you continue to show how you cannot run sh!t......every place you have dominance is a sh!thole.

I have to wonder, do they ever sit back and wonder why this is true? Do they even realize it is true? Do they simply look around and blame others?  How can they live with themselves??

White man bad.  Orange man bad.

The Dems would rather run it in the ground themselves than than admit its focked and their fault.  Then they frame it in a way that the citizens think it not their fault and the rest of the world is against them.  #alwaysbeavictim

2 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

A lot of the loss is due to people getting government vouchers, moving to surrounding counties, and doing their best to transform those areas to the shiotholes they came from. It’s sad and fascinating to watch communities deteriorate so quickly. 

Sounds eerily similar to this:

The second most dangerous neighborhood I have ever been to, was in the Pimlico section of Baltimore. Drug dealers on all four corners of residential streets. Black guys caring .45's were only outnumbered by the roaches in the kitchen. Amazing how nice the Inner Harbor is just a few miles away. 

3 hours ago, patweisers44 said:

Over the last 50 years you could write pretty much the exact same story about the City of Detroit.  There's been a minor slowdown in the last couple years, but that city is toast.  I don't see how it ever makes a full comeback.

The population has stabilized as of 2014, crime and development have upticked since 2010. There are pockets of safe, decent living with police, fire, and functional water, gas, and electrical grids. The school system is still a disaster though. The city could really gain some momentum if the schools weren't so awful such that families don't want to move in. It's penny-ante entrepreneurs with a dream and a hundred bucks in their pocket and artsy-fartsy young people recovering blocks of decent patches. Urban farms and oddities as the blighted buildings are still too slowly removed.

The bankruptcy and the state emergency manager did well for them and the new mayor is pragmatic and has shown talent. The urban disaster stories we hear in national media.... are never Detroit anymore and that's been the case since for a good five or six years.

Small steps.

3 hours ago, patweisers44 said:

:lol:

My first thought.

I believe that life replicates itself in minuscule and grand scales.  When watched from afar certain groups of people are like a virus.  

1 hour ago, lickin_starfish said:

Democrats keep poor  people living in poverty and dependant on the Government. Why do people vote for them?

The D leadership targets dumb people because there is a large supply of them. Dumb people are easily manipulated.

48 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The population has stabilized as of 2014, crime and development have upticked since 2010. There are pockets of safe, decent living with police, fire, and functional water, gas, and electrical grids. The school system is still a disaster though. The city could really gain some momentum if the schools weren't so awful such that families don't want to move in. It's penny-ante entrepreneurs with a dream and a hundred bucks in their pocket and artsy-fartsy young people recovering blocks of decent patches. Urban farms and oddities as the blighted buildings are still too slowly removed.

The bankruptcy and the state emergency manager did well for them and the new mayor is pragmatic and has shown talent. The urban disaster stories we hear in national media.... are never Detroit anymore and that's been the case since for a good five or six years.

Small steps.

When I talk about Detroit, I am referring to the entire city.  You have nailed the downtown area with your analysis. The neighborhoods in the city are a disgrace with few exceptions.

12 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Small steps.

Dan Gilbert is "penny-ante"?

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

Dan Gilbert is "penny-ante"?

No. Not him. I'm thrilled he exists and I wish him the best of success.

• Like 1

They should build a wall.

To keep the Baltimorons there.

And seriously, how does that population justify an NFL team while San Antonio has nothing?

-and the Redskins are basically right there.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

No. Not him. I'm thrilled he exists and I wish him the best of success.

I agree. Dude is investing in Detroit. He is pricing up things for sure, even at this stage, but he is risking his investment big time and deserves a payback if it all works out.

7 hours ago, wiffleball said:

They should build a wall.

To keep the Baltimorons there.

And seriously, how does that population justify an NFL team while San Antonio has nothing?

-and the Redskins are basically right there.

Few people who are IN Baltimore attend games, or buy merchandise, its the outlying areas that effectively support that team.