iam90sbaby

Brave Browser -Cryptocurrency

Here is one of the first companies implementing crypto into our everyday lives. 

What is Brave Browser?

Brave is a free and open-source web browserdeveloped by Brave Software Inc. based on the Chromium web browser. The browser blocks ads and website trackers. In a future version of the browser, the company has proposed adopting a pay-to-surf business model.

How does it work?

Brave Software has announced that it is developing a feature allowing users to opt in to receiving ads sold by the company in place of ads blocked by the browser. Brave intends to pay content users and themselves 15% of the revenue, and 70% to the publishers. Users would be able to donate their revenue share to content publishers through micropayments.

In a testing version of the browser, Brave targets web ads by analyzing users' anonymized browsing history.

Brave Software's Basic Attention Token ad exchange platform received investment from Danhua Capital, Digital Currency Group, Foundation Capital, Founders Fund, Huiyin Blockchain Venture, Pantera Capital, and Propel Venture Partners. Originally incorporated in Delaware as Hyperware Labs, Inc in 2015, they later changed their name to Brave Software, Inc. and registered in California, where the company is headquartered.

What is Basic Attention Coin?

The 'Basic Attention Token' (BAT) is an open-source, decentralized ad exchange platform based on Ethereum. The platform is integrated with the Brave web browser; it is not possible to use or access the platform from any other browser. Brave Payments, which formerly used Bitcoin, allows users to tip websites and content creators (such as YouTubers and Twitch streamers) with BAT tokens, akin to patronage services like Patreon.

Integration of BAT into an application involves implementing BAT Ads, a system that displays ads to users based on locally stored data. Ad targeting is performed locally, removing the need for third-party tracking.

In an initial coin offering on May 31, 2017, BAT sold 1,000,000,000 BAT for a total of 156,250 Ethereum (US$35M) in under 30 seconds. An additional 500,000,000 BAT was retained by the team for developer and user growth pools, which is used to promote the adoption of the platform.

———

I have been using the Brave Browser for a few weeks now and it’s great software, especially on a mobile device. Ad blocks/trackers are built into the software so no additional software is ever needed. 

https://brave.com/

Also Geeks if you have a Coinbase account, check your emails (spam folder too), they gave away free BAT the other day (around $20 worth) and all you have to do is watch a 2 minute video to receive them. 

I am earning some 0x. Not seeing BAT.

Should I report this?

I sold LTC to buy a few hundey. It's play money now anyway

Downloaded last night.  So far so good.  :thumbsup:

Have not gotten into the token side of things, yet.  Hope to figure that part out soon.  :banana:

90s'er, liking the browser.  :thumbsup:

Can you tell me if you're able to load this site fully?

http://www.uclickgames.com/jumble/online/daily/tmjmf

I have Flash enabled, but for some reason on the Jumble page it always says that the plugin is not supported.  Sucks having to load Chrome once a day just for this.  😫

4 hours ago, Mookz said:

90s'er, liking the browser.  :thumbsup:

Can you tell me if you're able to load this site fully?

http://www.uclickgames.com/jumble/online/daily/tmjmf

I have Flash enabled, but for some reason on the Jumble page it always says that the plugin is not supported.  Sucks having to load Chrome once a day just for this.  😫

Mobile device or desktop? 

5 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Mobile device or desktop? 

Desktop in this case.  

17 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Desktop in this case.  

My guess would be that Brave uses a different version of flash. It’s built on Chromium so you will need that install file. 

Go here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/

Download the Chromium file for whatever operating system you use. Let me know if that fixed it. 

Basic Attention Coin (BAT) is getting added to the Kraken exchange tomorrow. If you want to make an easy 50%+ in the next 48 hours buy some. Guaranteed easy money. Only .18 for one BAT right now and could potentially go up 200%-300%.

• Like 1

Brave Browser incorporated BAT into the browser today. I made about $5 in BAT just doing my usual internet surfing while at work. Link it with your Coinbase and withdraw monthly. 

10 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Brave Browser incorporated BAT into the browser today. I made about $5 in BAT just doing my usual internet surfing while at work. Link it with your Coinbase and withdraw monthly. 

Ive browsed these crypto threads that you post in and you seem really into this.  How much actual real currency does all this turn into?  Or does it?

16 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Ive browsed these crypto threads that you post in and you seem really into this.  How much actual real currency does all this turn into?  Or does it?

I originally invested in Bitcoin and Ethereum early 2016, took what I made from that (after I paid off a few things) and got a bunch of bots running on cryptohopper.com, cryptotrader.org (the former being more user friendly you need to know some coding to do cryptotrader). It’s a substantial part of my income now, if you want to play around with it try cryptohopper.com and trade BTC against one of the altcoins for max profits.

13 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I originally invested in Bitcoin and Ethereum early 2016, took what I made from that (after I paid off a few things) and got a bunch of bots running on cryptohopper.com, cryptotrader.org (the former being more user friendly you need to know some coding to do cryptotrader). It’s a substantial part of my income now, if you want to play around with it try cryptohopper.com and trade BTC against one of the altcoins for max profits.

What kind of money would a casual speculator expect to make in a year?  5k? 10k?  I know all this fluctuates so Im sure its hard to nail down

31 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I've been using Brave but just now went in and turned on Rewards.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Just now, Fireballer said:

What kind of money would a casual speculator expect to make in a year?  5k? 10k?  I know all this fluctuates so Im sure its hard to nail down

Depends how much you put in, how much risk you want to take etc...

If you want to play it safe use USD or the Pound (use the pound if you have an option) as your base currency since they are very stable, usually expect 1-2 percent returns pretty much daily. You need to trade that base currency against 10-15 different coins because you never know which coin is going to blow up that day, and the great thing about a bot is when it happens in the middle of the night, I didn’t miss it. That’s the safe route, it isn’t what I do but if you want to mess with it that’s a good start.

The riskier way but more profitable route is trading BTC as your base. There are wild swings daily, and when you trade it against an alt coin the profits are insane. But you’ll lose a lot of money before you make any this way and it can be stressful as sh!t.

Id say if you started with 1k January 1st and did the USD/Pound base currency with your take profit at 2-3 you can expect the account to be anywhere from 3k-10k after a year. Just depends on what the market does that year really.  

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Depends how much you put in, how much risk you want to take etc...

If you want to play it safe use USD or the Pound (use the pound if you have an option) as your base currency since they are very stable, usually expect 1-2 percent returns pretty much daily. You need to trade that base currency against 10-15 different coins because you never know which coin is going to blow up that day, and the great thing about a bot is when it happens in the middle of the night, I didn’t miss it. That’s the safe route, it isn’t what I do but if you want to mess with it that’s a good start.

The riskier way but more profitable route is trading BTC as your base. There are wild swings daily, and when you trade it against an alt coin the profits are insane. But you’ll lose a lot of money before you make any this way and it can be stressful as sh!t.

Id say if you started with 1k January 1st and did the USD/Pound base currency with your take profit at 2-3 you can expect the account to be anywhere from 3k-10k after a year. Just depends on what the market does that year really.  

Thanks.  Gonna do some more research and do the 7 day free trial

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Thanks.  Gonna do some more research and do the 7 day free trial

I’d recommend the Cryptoset bots. You can search them on the Cryptohopper marketplace (youll know what I mean if you don’t yet) they actually own Cryptohopper and have a decent little community if you have any questions. Don’t use Coinbase for this (I only use Coinbase to store coins not to trade) use Poloniex or Kraken - one of the ones with smaller exchange fees. Good luck and if you have any questions I don’t mind helping 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

I’d recommend the Cryptoset bots. You can search them on the Cryptohopper marketplace (youll know what I mean if you don’t yet) they actually own Cryptohopper and have a decent little community if you have any questions. Don’t use Coinbase for this (I only use Coinbase to store coins not to trade) use Poloniex or Kraken - one of the ones with smaller exchange fees. Good luck and if you have any questions I don’t mind helping 👍🏻

Didn't Poloniex shut down for US users last month?  I had to move everything I had outta there.  Maybe can you get around it with a VPN or something?  🤔

12 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Didn't Poloniex shut down for US users last month?  I had to move everything I had outta there.  Maybe can you get around it with a VPN or something?  🤔

I’ve been under the impression they are making a US version of their site. I mainly use Bittrex and Kraken now because they have the best exchange fees. Really I just didn’t want him to use Coinbase Pro because they raised their exchange fees last month and it’s around 0.20 per trade and when your take profit is set at 2.00 it really eats into it. 

And yes you can use a VPN, id recommend doing that anyway on the PC you trade with.