Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

Geek Club NFL Draft Talk

Seahawks agreed to trade their franchise player, DE Frank Clark, to the Kansas City Chiefs for a 2019 first-round pick, a 2020 second-round pick and an exchange of third-round picks this year, per league sources

I still can't believe that people waste their time watching a draft...  Especially something that takes like five hours to complete the first round...

They complain that some sports or boring but will watch this?

Unbelievable...

Nobody in AZ seems to have any idea what the Cards are going to do with the #1 pick. Well, I presume the Cards themselves do...

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Nobody in AZ seems to have any idea what the Cards are going to do with the #1 pick. Well, I presume the Cards themselves do...

Taking Murray.  Or I guess trying to Con the 9ers into trading up 1 spot for Bosa. Ala Bears and Trubisky.

10 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Taking Murray.  Or I guess trying to Con the 9ers into trading up 1 spot for Bosa. Ala Bears and Trubisky.

One of the rumors is that they think Quinnen Williams is the best player in this draft.

Another is that the NFL asked them to hold off on trading Rosen until draft day, to create hype that day.

Nobody knows at this point.

22 minutes ago, posty said:

I still can't believe that people waste their time watching a draft...  Especially something that takes like five hours to complete the first round...

Unbelievable...

The draft is one of those things that you can poke your head in on every hour or so to see who the last X number of picks were and who is still left as your team gets ready to pick.  You don't really watch just the draft, but the draft is part of what you are watching.  Great if you are channel surfing.  

Did the Cards change GMs? Just wondering how a team could have any confidence in a guy who would draft a QB 10 overall, then sell that pick for pennies on the dollar and draft another QB with the 1st overall pick. 

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

One of the rumors is that they think Quinnen Williams is the best player in this draft.

Another is that the NFL asked them to hold off on trading Rosen until draft day, to create hype that day.

Nobody knows at this point.

They are ending up with Murray either at 1 or 2 if they can do that with the 9ers.

This has been established forever.

As for when they trade Rosen I have no idea and havent heard any reason other than holding out for best offer.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Did the Cards change GMs? Just wondering how a team could have any confidence in a guy who would draft a QB 10 overall, then sell that pick for pennies on the dollar and draft another QB with the 1st overall pick. 

Nope, same guy (Steve Keim).  He had a good run a few years ago so he has some leeway, but I sense that this draft needs to be good or he is done.  He loves to draft athletic guys from small schools, with mixed results at best.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Nope, same guy (Steve Keim).  He had a good run a few years ago so he has some leeway, but I sense that this draft needs to be good or he is done.  He loves to draft athletic guys from small schools, with mixed results at best.

I hope your sports media asks him why he would blow the 10th pick on a QB he is now abandoning as a prospect. Oof.

10 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The draft is one of those things that you can poke your head in on every hour or so to see who the last X number of picks were and who is still left as your team gets ready to pick.  You don't really watch just the draft, but the draft is part of what you are watching.  Great if you are channel surfing.  

I definitely can see that, but the ones that watch the entire draft for the 5+ hours in the first round and don't blink an eye is what confuses me...

I just can't grasp why someone would want to do that willingly...

6 minutes ago, posty said:

I definitely can see that, but the ones that watch the entire draft for the 5+ hours in the first round and don't blink an eye is what confuses me...

I just can't grasp why someone would want to do that willingly...

You post here all day each day for like 20 years.

So thats rich

Is this the thread where you repeatedly school us with your unparalleled knowledge of the game and every player in it?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, posty said:

Unbelievable...

I am shocked that you don’t watch something.  Shocked, I say!

I think the Giants hold tight at 6 and take the best defensive player available.  There are a lot of top end defensive players coming out, so no matter how the first 5 shake out, they will end up with a really good player.

Then at 17, I think they finally take a QB, like Daniel Jones from Duke.

If they don’t come out of this with either Haskins, Jones or Rosen, I will be pretty ticked off.  No more putting off the next QB, even if he has to sit this year behind Eli.

No clue what the NYG are going to do. I'm not of the mindset that they should take a QB at 6. I do like Haskins and to a lesser extent Jones. A few friends and I get together to watch it most years. Fun few hours.  

50 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Is this the thread where you repeatedly school us with your unparalleled knowledge of the game and every player in it?

No.  What do you have to offer to the thread?

Whats your problem?  Because I said it is established that the Cards will take Murray?   

48 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I am shocked that you don’t watch something.  Shocked, I say!

I think the Giants hold tight at 6 and take the best defensive player available.  There are a lot of top end defensive players coming out, so no matter how the first 5 shake out, they will end up with a really good player.

Then at 17, I think they finally take a QB, like Daniel Jones from Duke.

If they don’t come out of this with either Haskins, Jones or Rosen, I will be pretty ticked off.  No more putting off the next QB, even if he has to sit this year behind Eli.

I just think if they like a QB and want to come away with one this year (assuming) you dont wait till 17 and assume one will be left.  Many times these things become all put sprints to move up for a QB.  Darnold. Allen. Rosen. Jackson had teams move up to select them.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

They are a mess for sure.  And really they should just grab Bosa and if Rosen sucks and the team sucks draft one next year in that stacked class.  

Kliff Kingbury is on record saying either before or after playing the Soonerd and Murray that he woukd take that kid #1.  FF to now and he is the coach of thr team with that pick.

There are many things to laugh about.  Firing a coach after 1 year.  Perhaps drafting another QB when trading up last year for one.

But at the end of the day they made there bed.  Rosen is said to be immature and not a hard worker for that position.  So they dangled him in a trade and talked up Murray for months.  How on earth could they just go back to him like none of that happened?  When they just signed the air raid coach in which Murray would fit into much better than Rosen.  

Mess for sure.

My Boys get Day 1 off

It was a successful write-in Vote. 

I predict the Eagles will draft Jeffery Simmons. The Cowboys would have, but they don't have a first round pick. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I predict the Eagles will draft Jeffery Simmons. The Cowboys would have, but they don't have a first round pick. 

Yeah it will be interesting just where he goes.  I remember reading someone polling various scouts across the league.  He was the number 1 guy in this draft at least by 1 of the scouts polled.

I don’t see it. The Eagles have a really good roster and they’re positioned to win now. They’re not going to take a possible medical red shirt guy, especially after doing that with Sidney Jones two years ago, who has been a disappointment to this point.

Plus the Eagles are a high character organization. :bandana:

Just got an e-mail from FFToday featuring the final mock draft. Clicked on it, up pops last years final mock draft. Quality   :doh:

Tons of smokescreens out there over the last week.  And I havent heard much on the Raiders.  They are the wildcard.  They need help every where almost.  They could easily land QuinnenWilliams at 4 or Josh Allen.  

But I have a gut feeling they draft a QB.  Either at 4 or after a mild trade back.

Gruden waited how many years to get back in the game?  Mayock a new GM.  They just rehauled or slashed and burned the roster.  At some point Gruden wants "his guy".  

With the 13th pick of the 2019 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select....

QB Daniel Jones from Duke. 

:pointstosky:

The 6'5" 221 lb QB is the second coming of Dan Marino.

3 hours ago, MDC said:

I hope your sports media asks him why he would blow the 10th pick on a QB he is now abandoning as a prospect. Oof.

I think they may have figured out that while he is gifted, he's not a guy that desires to be great and will put in the work to make a name for himself. This is the toughest trait to unmask but with him it was there in plain sight. That is why he lasted to # 10.

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I think they may have figured out that while he is gifted, he's not a guy that desires to be great and will put in the work to make a name for himself. This is the toughest trait to unmask but with him it was there in plain sight. That is why he lasted to # 10.

Plus he's an entitled, very  rich Jewish kid with a big mouth. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I give the GM credit for admitting his mistake. Sort of begs the question though why he should be trusted to use another high pick on a QB? 

43 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

With the 13th pick of the 2019 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select....

QB Daniel Jones from Duke. 

:pointstosky:

The 6'5" 221 lb QB is the second coming of Dan Marino.

Making the Super Bowl once in his life?

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Plus he's an entitled, very  rich Jewish kid with a big mouth. 

Yep. That is causing him to not care. He's already got the $.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I give the GM credit for admitting his mistake. Sort of begs the question though why he should be trusted to use another high pick on a QB? 

As a GM , I wouldn't waste time on him for any pick. He also has concussion issues.

Reports have said they werent happy with how he prepared himself last year.  It could definatly be a case of realizing what you have.

Plus, not a Murray nuthugger here.  But he does have upside of a special special player if used correctly in this ever growing spread game.   

Move Christian Kirk up your fantasy boards.  He had a solid year in limited time last year with that mess.  He is made for this type of offense and was recruited by Kliff at one point.

37 minutes ago, posty said:

Making the Super Bowl once in his life?

Yeah, Marino was the problem. Ted Williams too. 

This has been the theme for years.  But perhaps for those who havent followed the Packers here is a stat...

Here’s an amazing fact two days before the start of the 2019 NFL draft: Aaron Rodgers has never played with a running back, receiver or tight end that was drafted in the first round by the Green Bay Packers since becoming the starting quarterback in 2008.

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

This has been the theme for years.  But perhaps for those who havent followed the Packers here is a stat...

Here’s an amazing fact two days before the start of the 2019 NFL draft: Aaron Rodgers has never played with a running back, receiver or tight end that was drafted in the first round by the Green Bay Packers since becoming the starting quarterback in 2008.

I think last year (Sony Michel) was the first for Brady. :dunno:

Check that: Daniel Graham and Ben Watson were TE first round picks

1 minute ago, dain11279 said:

Ed Oliver to the Bills please 🤞

That would be ideal for them.  

He is 4-1 odds right now to go top 8 however.  I have read thay if Jets stay at 3 Greg Williams loves him.  And they may take him there.  

Others in play for the Bills

TJ Hockenson

Christian Wilkins

One of the tackles/G

Brian Burns

Trade back would be nice as always but they have 10 picks.  

Teams Ive heard who may want to move up into the top 12 are the Panthers and Texans.  Both have some ties to the Bills which make a potential trade partner.

I have a feeling the Cowboys are going to interject themselves into the  first round.  Too much limelight for Jerry to pass up. He only has a few of these opportunities left.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

That would be ideal for them.  

He is 4-1 odds right now to go top 8 however.  I have read thay if Jets stay at 3 Greg Williams loves him.  And they may take him there.  

Others in play for the Bills

TJ Hockenson

Christian Wilkins

One of the tackles/G

Brian Burns

Trade back would be nice as always but they have 10 picks.  

Teams Ive heard who may want to move up into the top 12 are the Panthers and Texans.  Both have some ties to the Bills which make a potential trade partner.

If Oliver is there they better take him. In most years I want them to trade down, but not this one. They’ve got the 10 picks and have been active in free agency. Take the game changer at #9