Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Frank Clark

Recommended Posts

:pointstosky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They still won’t make the playoffs this next season.  

Touchdown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure what to make of this....   Seahawks were competitive and made the playoffs with him, yet cut bait upon free agency.

They got a good return, especially considering the off field issues.   what else can a guy say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

not sure what to make of this....   Seahawks were competitive and made the playoffs with him, yet cut bait upon free agency.

They got a good return, especially considering the off field issues.   what else can a guy say.

Seattle needs to get younger and cheaper now that they have a hyper paid QB.  The Seattle run officially came to an end the day they gave Wilson that big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could have tried to sign Flowers and kept their 1st and next years 2nd.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Seattle needs to get younger and cheaper now that they have a hyper paid QB.  The Seattle run officially came to an end the day they gave Wilson that big deal.

I do agree.  

a signing like that really handcuffs the team in terms of where they spend their money.   I have a feeling they end up regretting that deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weepaws said:

They still won’t make the playoffs this next season.  

Touchdown. 

I think this defense got a lot better this offseason. 

 

DE Frank Lucas - gives up #29 overall and 2nd in 2020 accompanied with a $10M, 5 year contract

DT Chris Jones - working on a long-term deal at about $20M per year as we speak

DT Derrick Nnadi - hurt much of last year, but Chiefs moved up to #75 in '18 to get him

DE Breeland Speaks - #46 overall in '18

 

OLB Dorian O'Daniel

MLB Reggie Ragland

OLB Anthony Hitchens

 

S Tyrann Mathieu - new centerpiece of the defense

S Jordan Lucas

 

CB Bashaud Breeland - another offseason acquisition

CB Chavarious Ward

NB Kendall Fuller

 

I feel pretty good about that d-line, am a bit worried about the LBs but secondary should be improved from a year ago as well.  There really isn't any reason this team shouldn't make the playoffs with Mahomes at the helm.  Who in the damn division is going to stop them?  The Chargers who get booed when they are introduced at an NBA game?  The Raiders who sent all their staff home in preparation of the draft?  The Broncos who are now relying on Joe Flacco as their saving grace?

 

:bench:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hell, 2019 is likely going to be the best Chiefs team I have witnessed in my forty years of existence :bench:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I do agree.  

a signing like that really handcuffs the team in terms of where they spend their money.   I have a feeling they end up regretting that deal.

Rodgers was the last highest paid players.  The Packers are right in the middle of league in cap space left.  They signed 4 fairly expensive FAs this offseason.

Sure it is definatly easier to build a team around a rookie QB salary.  But then what should teams do?  Dump them after that?  

Packers arent even close to tight in cap space.  

In 3 years Wilson may not even be a top 5 paid player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I don't see how this deal or off season has made them better as a team. They gave up a lot in this trade. Young, controllable, cheap, potentially impact players in those picks, for a DE that eats a lot of cap and isn't a massive upgrade from what they had a year ago. Even if the defense takes a step forward,  if Hill is suspended, I suspect the offense will take two or three steps back.

Hill does so much for that offense and it's ability to take advantage of the arm strength of Mahomes. Hill's ability to stretch the field, vertically and horizontally, was a key to making them that juggernaut that they were. With out him, you're left with a backfield duo of Damien Williams and Carlos Hyde, a receiving core headlined by Watkins and whoever else, and an elite TE in Travis Kelce who defenses can now afford to pay a lot of attention to.  Not a real threatening group of skill players, and now they don't have any top end draft talent coming to help.  The Raider's will be terrible, Elway will continue to hold Denver back, so the Chargers are the only thing in their way of the division and playoffs, but I don't think this off season has helped them short or long term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ford was a free agent after this year.  Clark is also better than Ford.  Highest paid player didn't even play last year.  I think you all will be surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I don't see how this deal or off season has made them better as a team. They gave up a lot in this trade. Young, controllable, cheap, potentially impact players in those picks, for a DE that eats a lot of cap and isn't a massive upgrade from what they had a year ago. Even if the defense takes a step forward,  if Hill is suspended, I suspect the offense will take two or three steps back.

Hill does so much for that offense and it's ability to take advantage of the arm strength of Mahomes. Hill's ability to stretch the field, vertically and horizontally, was a key to making them that juggernaut that they were. With out him, you're left with a backfield duo of Damien Williams and Carlos Hyde, a receiving core headlined by Watkins and whoever else, and an elite TE in Travis Kelce who defenses can now afford to pay a lot of attention to.  Not a real threatening group of skill players, and now they don't have any top end draft talent coming to help.  The Raider's will be terrible, Elway will continue to hold Denver back, so the Chargers are the only thing in their way of the division and playoffs, but I don't think this off season has helped them short or long term. 

This is so true. And no Hunt. If Hill does get suspended or let go, we will truly see how good Mahomes is or not so much. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mahomes won’t match last season, he will be half as good.  

They finsh third in their divison this next season.  

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ray_T said:

not sure what to make of this....   Seahawks were competitive and made the playoffs with him, yet cut bait upon free agency.

They got a good return, especially considering the off field issues.   what else can a guy say.

1. They need to extend Bobby Wagner.

2. They need to extend Jarran Reed.

(The 17 mil, they save this year. Plus the 20 plus mil for future years, pays for both of those things to happen.)

3. Added to the fact that they wanted more picks this year. Plus it's a fantastic Dline draft. It was a complete no brainer. I wish him the best of luck. But geese this was about a month to late. Glad they finally pulled the trigger.

Now the job is to extend Wagner and Reed. And draft a DE, DT, and WR. (Fingers crossed they hit on those picks). If they do though. Then it was a flawless offseason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×