Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Avengers: End Game

Anyone going this weekend? Read the reviews from the critics who went to the premier and they are declaring it not only the best marvel movie ever, but also one of the best movies ever. Got tickets for Saturday at 7:15. 

Also, here’s a little epic video of the cast singing We Didn’t Start the Fire with a tribute to Stan Lee

Dammit, can't make it this weekend. Mom says I have to clean my room. 

I have tickets for Sunday afternoon. I planned it so I could watch Avengers, grab some dinner, and get home just in time to watch the 80 minute battle between the living and the dead. So it’s set up to be one of those Sundays I’ll tell my grandchildren about.

5 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I have tickets for Sunday afternoon. I planned it so I could watch Avengers, grab some dinner, and get home just in time to watch the 80 minute battle between the living and the dead. So it’s set up to be one of those Sundays I’ll tell my grandchildren about.

You're going to have to have working sperm to get grandchildren. Sounds like you're killing all of them. And not making new ones. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

You're going to have to have working sperm to get grandchildren. Sounds like you're killing all of them. And not making new ones. 

I already have a kid....soooo :unsure:

23 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

No. After the last two festering turds I saw from marvel (Infinity Wars, Deadpool 2) I swore never again. 

Come on Deadpool 2 was pretty funny

20 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Come on Deadpool 2 was pretty funny

Deadpool 1 was among the best of the Marvel movies. I generally dont like this genre, as they are formulaic CGI fests with bad writing and terrible plots. But I liked deadpool 1 pretty well.

Deadpool 2 was so focking bad. Just ryan reynolds making bad jokes to the camera over and over, and an absolutely stupid story.

Infinity wars was also borderline unwatchable.

At this point, the only Marvel ones I like are the Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'm sitting this one out. Told the wife to go with her girlfriends.

6 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Deadpool 1 was among the best of the Marvel movies. I generally dont like this genre, as they are formulaic CGI fests with bad writing and terrible plots. But I liked deadpool 1 pretty well.

Deadpool 2 was so focking bad. Just ryan reynolds making bad jokes to the camera over and over, and an absolutely stupid story.

Infinity wars was also borderline unwatchable.

At this point, the only Marvel ones I like are the Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'm sitting this one out. Told the wife to go with her girlfriends.

I liked Deadpool 1 better than 2. The creation (and destruction) of Deadpool’s X-Force was pretty dam funny in my opinion. Other than that, it lacked that little extra something that Deadpool 1 had. 

That being said, the reviews for this movie are all excellent. Enough for me to say you might want to reconsider watching just to see if it lives up to the hype. everyone who watched it last night are building it up pretty big and had no negatives about it. 

Yes going Friday morning.

Have tickets for Friday morning.  I don’t know how it can live up to the advance reviews, but I’m eager to see.

I haven't seen a superhero movie since one of the batman movies.

Not my bag.

10 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I liked Deadpool 1 better than 2. The creation (and destruction) of Deadpool’s X-Force was pretty dam funny in my opinion. Other than that, it lacked that little extra something that Deadpool 1 had. 

That being said, the reviews for this movie are all excellent. Enough for me to say you might want to reconsider watching just to see if it lives up to the hype. everyone who watched it last night are building it up pretty big and had no negatives about it. 

Nah. The reviews for infinity wars were great too and it blew. I'll live without knowing how the "plot" ends.

To quote Lt. Murtaugh, I'm way too old for this sh!t. 

We will not go the first weekend, we will wait until the second weekend. Our sitter is 20 bucks an hour, so this will be one expensive movie.

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Maybe I'll see it Sunday night, but more likely next week middle of the week.  Hate going to packed theatres - too many @$$holes.

I'm stoked, though.

And twice as many elbows. 

Won't see it this weekend...probably next weekend with the kids.  Most of the MCU flicks have been just alright but Guardians and Infinity War were pretty good.  Looking forward to Endgame.

Gotta Say, my attention span shorts out whenever any of these start dealing with alternate universes and parallel realities and blah blah blah.

It's cheap. It's a cop-out. Designed just to sell more comic books. 

Who's the new purple bad guy? Thermos? Aside from keeping my coffee warm, I got no use for that nonsense.

5 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

after he got ripped in half, I didnt stop laughing for a good 5 mins either

5 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

after he got ripped in half, I didnt stop laughing for a good 5 mins either

Baby let’s got me on him as well 🤣

No tix around here till tuesday...showing at the local drive in tomorrow.  I may have to head there after work to get a spot.  Capt Marvel and endgame back to back....hillbilly double feature.  Rain might keep the breeders away.

Saw it last night. 3 hours long btw so go pee beforehand. It wraps up the story nicely and has the usual good blend of comedy/drama/action leaning towards the first two more than the others have.

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

No tix around here till tuesday...showing at the local drive in tomorrow.  I may have to head there after work to get a spot.  Capt Marvel and endgame back to back....hillbilly double feature.  Rain might keep the breeders away.

Didn't know they still have drive-ins

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Didn't know they still have drive-ins

Across the river in west vagina

Drive ins were once for normal American boys to take a girl and make out. Now it's for nerds to watch cartoons. Thank god we have nuclear weapons.  

We have a great drive in here in Fort Worth. Opened up about 5 years ago, a playground for the kids, an outdoor footcourt type area with tons of tables, always a double feature. I admittedly have only been 3-4 times, but it’s always fun. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

We have a great drive in here in Fort Worth. Opened up about 5 years ago, a playground for the kids, an outdoor footcourt type area with tons of tables, always a double feature. I admittedly have only been 3-4 times, but it’s always fun. 

There was one in San Antonio that we went to one time. Had to get there like 30-35 minutes before the film started just so you could make it through the line and find a spot to park in there. Would rather go to the Alamo drafthouse to see a movie  

Truly an epic. I definetly wouldn't watch it without having seen the bulk of the films leading to this point though. 

I saw it last night and it was as good as everyone has said.  I am in my 50s but still remember how much comics meant to me growing up in the 70's.  I have seen most of the Marvel films since Iron Man and Disney/Marvel has really hit home runs with many of them IMO.  Everything was brought together by this one.

In the theater now, movie starts in 20 minutes.  Settling in for 3+ hours.