Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Declaring war on Canada?

Link

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has threatened to "go to war" with Canada if the country doesn't take back tons of trash a Canada-based company had shipped to Manila several years ago.

"I'll give a warning to Canada maybe next week that they better pull that (trash) out," he said Tuesday, according to CNN Philippines. "We'll declare war against them, we can handle them anyway."

🤣

Ban trash.  It's the cause of most wars.  

:(

There is a time to think and a time to act, and this gentlemen is no time to think.

Which side will Trump take?  He loves this wacko and hates Canada.  🍿

I like Canada much better but Justin Trudeau does richly deserves to lose.

Canada would be stupid to go there and conquer the place since you have to stick around afterwards to govern it. I think Don Cherry with a dozen hockey goons could take out the entire Philippine military by waiting for the navy to invade and slap hockey pucks through the rafts and dinghies.

16 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I like Canada much better but Justin Trudeau does richly deserves to lose.

Canada would be stupid to go there and conquer the place since you have to stick around afterwards to govern it. I think Don Cherry with a dozen hockey goons could take out the entire Philippine military by waiting for the navy to invade and slap hockey pucks through the rafts and dinghies.

The Philippine navy consists of three or four diesel coast guard cutters we gave them. These are 80's era boats. We offered to give them modern turbine ones, but nobody there knows how to service them.

Remember that china seized the Scarborough shoal using not the Navy, but fishing boats. This is right off the coast of Manila. And they're gonna invade Canada?

The Philippines naval academy is near my wife's hometown. I laugh every time we drive by. 

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The Philippine navy consists of three or four diesel coast guard cutters we gave them. These are 80's era boats. We offered to give them modern turbine ones, but nobody there knows how to service them.

Remember that china seized the Scarborough shoal using not the Navy, but fishing boats. This is right off the coast of Manila. And they're gonna invade Canada?

The Philippines naval academy is near my wife's hometown. I laugh every time we drive by. 

LOL.

"We want to go to war with you, c'mere and fight."

'How about we just ignore you, sail around, and cut off economic assistance."

There goes the theory that religion causes all wars, unless environmentalism is the new religion to you.

33 minutes ago, riversco said:

There goes the theory that religion causes all wars, unless environmentalism is the new religion to you.

"Causes" take on a religious context, you can see this in nonsense such as transgenderism, racism etc

I could see this as a scroll at the beginning of a post-apocalyptic B-movie.  Most laughed off Duterte's words but they're not laughing now.  Well, some are, at The Geek Club, but those guys are idiots...