Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

Tiger vs Phil

Not the Phil you are thinking. 

Bovada has this on the board right now and I'm thinking hammer Tiger on it. 

What will happen first:

Tiger wins his 16th Major  +155

Phil Helmuth wins his 16th WSOP bracelet -220

I realize the WSOP now has 769 events each year giving Phil a volume advantage, but there is still a lot more luck involved when it comes to winning the bracelet. Sure he will likely make multiple final tables, but to break through with a win isn't easy. There will also be 2 golf majors played at courses where Tiger has won previous majors before the WSOP even kicks off. 

Phil won his 1st bracelet in 1989 and has won 16 total.

15 in 30 years? 1 every 2 years on avg.

Tiger has 15 in 22 years. several of those he didn't even play.

Good bet. Especially if you get through July 16 without Phil winning one

I don't think Tiger wins another major. I think this year's Masters will be like Jack's win in 1986- his last. I do think he'll contend in plenty more, though. I just think this year was a perfect storm that fell right for him. 

:lol: at comparing golf to poker...

One takes skill and the other one is all luck...

3 minutes ago, posty said:

:lol: at comparing golf to poker...

One takes skill and the other one is all luck...

Tiger got pretty lucky to win the Masters this year.

5 hours ago, edjr said:

Tiger got pretty lucky to win the Masters this year.

You think?  I think his experience and solid play really helped.

12 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

You think?  I think his experience and solid play really helped.

Kepka (he doesn't deserve the o) bogey on 18 was inexcusable.

That is just one thing

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, edjr said:

Kepka (he doesn't deserve the o) bogey on 18 was inexcusable.

That is just one thing

Koepka didn’t bogey 18

Everyone puking themselves on 12 was a different story. Tiger won it though. He played solid golf down the stretch, he deserved it.

And to the original question I’d say you have to go with Hellmuth. As much as I’d like it to happen I don’t see Tiger winning another major this year. Hellmuth will have a thousand chances between now and next year; I’d roll with that.

5 hours ago, dain11279 said:

Koepka didn’t bogey 18

Everyone puking themselves on 12 was a different story. Tiger won it though. He played solid golf down the stretch, he deserved it.

Definitely deserved as are most major wins, but the media-sponsored hyperbole following the win has been absurd. Can Tiger win the Grand Slam? How much fear does Tiger place in the hearts of his defeated foes? Can he continue to dominate?

In truth, his win was very similar to Patrick Reed's the year before. Played solid down the stretch just as you said and had enough cushion to hold off the likes of Johnson, Schauffele, and Koepka. I give Tiger all the credit in the world for that and applaud its significance. I just absolutely despise the ball-sucking golf media and what they have turned it into from an exaggeratory standpoint. 

15 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Definitely deserved as are most major wins, but the media-sponsored hyperbole following the win has been absurd. Can Tiger win the Grand Slam? How much fear does Tiger place in the hearts of his defeated foes? Can he continue to dominate?

In truth, his win was very similar to Patrick Reed's the year before. Played solid down the stretch just as you said and had enough cushion to hold off the likes of Johnson, Schauffele, and Koepka. I give Tiger all the credit in the world for that and applaud its significance. I just absolutely despise the ball-sucking golf media and what they have turned it into from an exaggeratory standpoint. 

KSB must be stopped!