Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Everyone has a fish story. Here is mine.

Everyone has a fish story. Here is mine. While fishing today I kept seeing a huge fin pop up and down in the shallow water. I mean huge. It looked like a dinosaur. Not joking.  I slowly poked my way over and saw it. It was a Pike about 5 ft long spawning. It shot out and was gone. I would not have been able to land that on my kayak. I would have to drag it to a dock. no joke it was super massive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I actually had crazy thoughts going through my head. Like. Can you shoot s Pike. Legally

17 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Here's mine:

I caught a 45" tiger muskie 3 years ago, and the taxidermist still has it. He won't answer my calls or texts.

I would go to see judge judy or the hot bench

On 4/25/2019 at 5:38 AM, lickin_starfish said:

Here's mine:

I caught a 45" tiger muskie 3 years ago, and the taxidermist still has it. He won't answer my calls or texts.

Wow.....that's nuts

On 4/25/2019 at 5:11 AM, kilroy69 said:

Everyone has a fish story. Here is mine. While fishing today I kept seeing a huge fin pop up and down in the shallow water. I mean huge. It looked like a dinosaur. Not joking.  I slowly poked my way over and saw it. It was a Pike about 5 ft long spawning. It shot out and was gone. I would not have been able to land that on my kayak. I would have to drag it to a dock. no joke it was super massive.

I'm guess it was a sturgeon, not a pike

No. They don't

Offshore it is quite common to have a reel screaming and then for it to come loose before you ever see it.  Was it a large trash fish or was it a wahoo. Nobody knows.

3 hours ago, Big Guy said:

I'm guess it was a sturgeon, not a pike

I am gonna be honest. I do not believe there are sturgeon and I saw it shoot under my kayak. It looked just like the things I have been catching. Only  much much bigger.  Very rarely will I ever think to myself well I would not have landed that anyway. But I have twice in the last year on this lake. I just don't think my odds are great of landing a fish that size in a closed face kayak with no anchor unless I could get to a dock or shore. 

• Like 1

The lake is 398 acres and it is a self contained ecosystem that is spring fed. The fish that are in there are either there still or generational fish that never lived outside the lake. There is no inlet or outlet other than a swamp to drain to.

The lake also has giant holes. It has this type of plant that actually creates islands. And it causes huge holes to open up on the other side of these. Like 20 ft deep. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

The lake is 398 acres and it is a self contained ecosystem that is spring fed. The fish that are in there are either there still or generational fish that never lived outside the lake. There is no inlet or outlet other than a swamp to drain to.

The lake also has giant holes. It has this type of plant that actually creates islands. And it causes huge holes to open up on the other side of these. Like 20 ft deep

Oldmaid Reservoir? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SUXBNME said:

Lake Oldmaid? 

😜

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

The lake also has giant holes. It has this type of plant that actually creates islands. And it causes huge holes to open up on the other side of these. Like 20 ft deep. 

G.... Lake near Gr...... Campground?

According to other fishing reports there are large northern pike in there, no sturgeon.

If you are wondering how the hell I know that, I spent years searching for bodies of water to fish on the internet. I can find anything with very little description. My brother in law fishes, and he grew up and lived in the same town his whole life. However when I visited him i was the one that chose the fishing spots and taught him where he should be fishing.

Those were the days.

31 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

G.... Lake near Gr...... Campground?

According to other fishing reports there are large northern pike in there, no sturgeon.

If you are wondering how the hell I know that, I spent years searching for bodies of water to fish on the internet. I can find anything with very little description. My brother in law fishes, and he grew up and lived in the same town his whole life. However when I visited him i was the one that chose the fishing spots and taught him where he should be fishing.

Those were the days.

You scare me. Very good sir. 

My ex wife went out on a boat recently with three guys. Saw on FB she came home with a big red snappper.