Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - TE Noah Fant, Broncos

Noah Fant Profile

Denver traded down from No. 10 to No. 20 and probably lands the player he was going to take with its original pick. Joe Flacco has long been as friendly to tight ends as any quarterback, and it could be argued Fant is the most talented one he has had at his disposal. Any discussion about Fant should begin with his incredible athleticism, and it should be noted new OC Rich Scangarello is a Kyle Shanahan disciple who just got done serving as the position coach for San Francisco during George Kittle's breakout season. Fant is the kind of mismatch weapon teams usually drool over in today's game, so it would be surprising if he isn't allowed to stretch the field early in his career. Fant compares favorably to Eric Ebron and Jared Cook, even down to the point where he struggles with drops (13 drops on 91 catchable targets over his career, per Pro Football Focus). He's not a liability as a blocker, but he needs a lot of work in that area. If Fant can correct those issues, he's got a great chance to be a fantasy TE1 early in his career. He's probably a better bet for rookie-year production than his college teammate T.J. Hockenson, but the latter is a better long-term bet.

I agree, I think in non ppr he could have te1 value. 

Tricky though based on rookie tes in the nfl. 

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

I agree, I think in non ppr he could have te1 value. 

Tricky though based on rookie tes in the nfl. 

I think a TE15-20 finish is a possibility given the need and Flacco's reliance on TEs over the years. However, there are enough other decent options at the position in Denver that he could lose enough targets to fall outside that range.