Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Avengers: End Game w/SPOILERS

Warning!!!!!!!

Spoilers below.

Hard to live up to the hype of this movie but it was decent.

I thought the tone of the opening 30 minutes felt weird. Like we jumped into the middle of a movie. How did start and the blue chick get into that situation?

Probably the best part of the movie for me was Lebowski Thor

They were the last two left on Titan and escaped on Quinn's ship. The ship was damaged and they were stuck out there for 3 weeks, hence running out of things like food, oxygen. 

1 minute ago, ZeroTolerance said:

They were the last two left on Titan and escaped on Quinn's ship. The ship was damaged and they were stuck out there for 3 weeks, hence running out of things like food, oxygen. 

Didn't they know that before they left. I dunno it was a plot point that kind of seemed silly. They whole point was to introduce Capt marvel, but again fury paged her so they all could have met at earth.

They had no way of getting back to Earth once the ship's fuel cells went down, and waiting on Titan wouldn't have been an option (its a dead planet, no resources to use for survival and no reason to believe someone would come for them anytime soon). 

I really liked it despite all the convenience and plot holes. Was not expecting all the time travel shenanigans and Lebowski Thor was awesome. Smart Hulk was cool too even if the didn’t get that much smash time. The action overall was limited in this one in favor of more comedy and drama, which was fine by me as Infinity war had plenty of action. 

My favorite part was when Spock blew up the Death Star.

If I go, I'm looking at at least 2 naps 

4 hours ago, tanatastic said:

I really liked it despite all the convenience and plot holes. Was not expecting all the time travel shenanigans and Lebowski Thor was awesome. Smart Hulk was cool too even if the didn’t get that much smash time. The action overall was limited in this one in favor of more comedy and drama, which was fine by me as Infinity war had plenty of action. 

Agree I was not expecting all that time travel. 

So I watch 2 review with spoilers on YouTube. It's like I said before, time travel is such a cheap axx way out of things.

and oh yeah by the way, isn't it convenient that Captain marvel is now a woman and somehow shows up in the MCU to be Central character right about the same time as meeee toooo? Jesus.

I'm sure the movies a spectacle. And if you want three hours of CGI, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. But for Christ's sake, time travel has been a compound ever since Superman flew the wrong way around the world. If that was the case, why don't you just fly the wrong way around the world every time there's a God damn crime?

18 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

So I watch 2 review with spoilers on YouTube. It's like I said before, time travel is such a cheap axx way out of things.

and oh yeah by the way, isn't it convenient that Captain marvel is now a woman and somehow shows up in the MCU to be Central character right about the same time as meeee toooo? Jesus.

I'm sure the movies a spectacle. And if you want three hours of CGI, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. But for Christ's sake, time travel has been a compound ever since Superman flew the wrong way around the world. If that was the case, why don't you just fly the wrong way around the world every time there's a God damn crime?

You would love a scene in the final battle where it screams girl power

Notice the character arc of Captain America.  Cap was unworthy to wield Mjolnir in Age of Ultron because he was a blood knight.  This is demonstrated in his hallucination in Age of Ultron where he is in the ballroom and Agent Carter tells him "the war is over! we can go home!" But Cap can't because he lives for the fight.  Peace is foreign to him.  This character flaw defines him early in Captain America: The First Avenger in how he does everything he can to sign up for the war.  Again, he just wants blood.  He is a blood knight.  That makes him impure and unworthy of Mjolnir.

However, he always carries the watch with the picture of Agent Carter.  At some point in Avengers: Endgame, Cap finally has a change of heart.  He no longer lusts for blood.  Perhaps it happened when he watched Black Widow issue orders to hologram versions of Rocket Raccoon, Captain Marvel, etc.  He finally realized the fighting was pointless and the thing he wanted more than anything was a peaceful life with Agent Carter.  Once he stopped lusting for blood, he became worthy of Mjolnir and could wield it. 

Finally, this change of heart led him to abandon it all and never return from the past.  He was able to leave the war for good and be with Agent Carter.  He was able to live in peace and be happy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, riversco said:

Notice the character arc of Captain America.  Cap was unworthy to wield Mjolnir because he was a blood knight.  This is also demonstrated in his hallucination in Age of Ultron where he is in the ballroom and Agent Carter tells him "the war is over! we can go home!" But Cap can't because he lives for the fight.  Peace is foreign to him.  This character flaw defines him early in Captain America: The First Avenger in how he does everything he can to sign up for the war.  Again, he just wants blood.  He is a blood warrior.  That makes him impure and unworthy of Mjolnir.

However, he always carries the watch with the picture of Agent Carter.  At some point in Avengers: Endgame, Cap finally has a change of heart.  He no longer lusts for blood.  Perhaps it happened when he watched Black Widow issue orders to hologram versions of Rocket Raccoon, Captain Marvel, etc.  He finally realized the fighting was pointless and the thing he wanted more than anything was a peaceful life with Agent Carter.  Once he stopped lusting for blood, he became worthy of Mjolnir and could wield it. 

Finally, this change of heart led him to abandon it all and never return from the past.  He was able to leave the war for good and be with Agent Carter.  He was able to live in peace and be happy.

It isn’t that complicated you nerd, this one sucked

13 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

You would love a scene in the final battle where it screams girl power

Yeah...i noticed that immediately.  Lol.

Impressive how they were really able to tie up all the loose ends.  I didnt feel unsatisfied or left wanting.

5 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Yeah...i noticed that immediately.  Lol.

Impressive how they were really able to tie up all the loose ends.  I didnt feel unsatisfied or left wanting.

It really is amusing, I get why they want to inspire young girls and give them strong characters and all that, but in reality, when the wolves come sniffing at the door, the men will be there to defend, not the women

Good movie. Was awesome. Lived up to the hype. Now taking the wife to grab some after movie tacos before heading home. Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday night instead of sitting at home on the computer posting here constantly 

On 4/27/2019 at 9:21 AM, riversco said:

Notice the character arc of Captain America.  Cap was unworthy to wield Mjolnir in Age of Ultron because he was a blood knight.  This is demonstrated in his hallucination in Age of Ultron where he is in the ballroom and Agent Carter tells him "the war is over! we can go home!" But Cap can't because he lives for the fight.  Peace is foreign to him.  This character flaw defines him early in Captain America: The First Avenger in how he does everything he can to sign up for the war.  Again, he just wants blood.  He is a blood knight.  That makes him impure and unworthy of Mjolnir.

Good Lord. Anyone who would watch all that needs to discover masturbation. 

4 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Seriously. I'll say it again: Thank god we have nuclear weapons. Lots of them. 

7 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I just saw it as he wanted to go return to the time where the girl he loved was. 

8 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

I just saw it as he wanted to go return to the time where the girl he loved was. 

This👍

He always felt out of place.

3 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

This👍

He always felt out of place.

Yep. Find it hilarious that people who haven’t watched and won’t watch because “they are a real man” still comment a lot in these threads. Those same people are usually the ones with the tiniest d1cks and need some way to feel more like a man 🤣

Gunning for highest gross ever. Doubtful as somehow Avatar is just so high up there. But still, hype plus stellar critical acclaim should get it up the list of all time highest.

4 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Gunning for highest gross ever. Doubtful as somehow Avatar is just so high up there. But still, hype plus stellar critical acclaim should get it up the list of all time highest.

The run time might hurt it.

10 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Yep. Find it hilarious that people who haven’t watched and won’t watch because “they are a real man” still comment a lot in these threads. Those same people are usually the ones with the tiniest d1cks and need some way to feel more like a man 🤣

How's Murse school going?

wow. Just when you think adult men couldn't be more pathetic. Sad!

24 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Meh. All the highest all time are recently, because they figured out if they strip all the dialogue and plot out and make lots of explosions and really easy to follow, it will kill it in Asia. 

19 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Seriously. I'll say it again: Thank god we have nuclear weapons. Lots of them. 

Well, that's your opinion. And you know what they say, opinions are like Yankees fans...wait, a**holes, opinions are like a**holes. Honest mistake.

26 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Meh. All the highest all time are recently, because they figured out if they strip all the dialogue and plot out and make lots of explosions and really easy to follow, it will kill it in Asia. 

Because lord knows Hollywood didn't rely on explosions during the glory days. If only Marvel could produce real plots, like the all-time great action movies by Arnold, and Charles Bronson, and Steven Segal.

So who's next in this genre? He-Man? Go Speed Racer? Magilla Gorilla? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So who's next in this genre? He-Man? Go Speed Racer? Magilla Gorilla? 

She-Ra, maybe Oracle?

13 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Well, that's your opinion. And you know what they say, opinions are like Yankees fans...wait, a**holes, opinions are like a**holes. Honest mistake.

Because lord knows Hollywood didn't rely on explosions during the glory days. If only Marvel could produce real plots, like the all-time great action movies by Arnold, and Charles Bronson, and Steven Segal.

Sure. I'm not so much annoyed at the existence of lowbrow blockbusters. I'm annoyed that those are pretty much all they make anymore. There is really not much else. No war movies. No romantic movies. No comedies. No dramas.

It's all franchise crap and animated kid sh!t. 

Ok Nerds. I have to go watch my show with Dragons and frozen zombies and Giants. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Sure. I'm not so much annoyed at the existence of lowbrow blockbusters. I'm annoyed that those are pretty much all they make anymore. There is really not much else. No war movies. No romantic movies. No comedies. No dramas.

Maybe the problem isn't that this genre of movie sucks, maybe the problem is that the mountain of studios who aren't making movies in this genre don't seem to have a competent idea between the lot of them and can only churn out dumb comedies or remakes.

Big differences between Bronson, Arnold, Seagal and other lowbrow action movies and MCU stuff are 1) superhero movies seem to make up half of everything in the theater now and 2) nobody was convincing themselves that Commando was some kind of Shakespearean epic that needed multiple viewings to decode etc. 

• Like 1

https://screenrant.com/2019-superhero-movies/

2019 will be the year of superhero movies, seeing the release of a record-setting amount: a whopping eleven films. As the superhero movie craze continues, next year looks poised to be the prime example of how invested Hollywood as a whole really is. There's the usual amount of Marvel movies, but increased output from Warner Bros. and DC, as well as some final Fox X-Men titles. All of these make up an astonishing ten confirmed 2019 superhero movies.

Just how big of a jump is this? Well, in 2018 six live-action superhero movies hit theaters (Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Deadpool 2, Ant-Man & the Wasp, Venom and Aquaman). Even if this is expanded to include animated movies like Teen Titans Go! To The Movies and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, that's only eight. 2017 and 2016 each had seven movies; 2015 had just three; 2014 had four, and 2013 had five. Each of those years felt loaded with superhero movies in their own right, but 2019 will blow past them - and it isn't entirely by design.

Yup, it is definitely because they make up half of everything, not because anyone is just getting pissy about them existing in the first place. If all Hollywood can manage to create in a year is 5 superhero movies and nothing else, the problem isn't superhero movies, it is everyone who isn't creating anything.

30 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It going to get worse.

4D cinemas are the next wave.  Its like an amusement park ride.  Your seats swing back and forth and they spray water on you.  It won't be too much longer before they realize they can save a lot of money by scrapping plots altogether and just make it 90 minutes of driving through a jungle from a 1st person perspective.

15 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Maybe the problem isn't that this genre of movie sucks, maybe the problem is that the mountain of studios who aren't making movies in this genre don't seem to have a competent idea between the lot of them and can only churn out dumb comedies or remakes.

People don't pay $15 to see a low budget film.  Audiences expect amazing special effects and loud explosions for their money.