Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Eagles

J.J. Arcega-Whiteside Write-Up

The analytics community loves Arcega-Whiteside, and there's no question it has to do with his touchdown production and ability to win in contested-catch situations (he led the draft class with 19, per Pro Football Focus). Arcega-Whiteside was the lowest-rated of the 11 I studied in large part because I'm not sure his style (he literally boxes out a defender as if a deep ball/red zone throw is a rebound) will actually play at the NFL level. If it doesn't, I have my doubts as to whether or not he's fast or twitchy enough to create any kind of separation consistently in the NFL. With that said, Philadelphia obviously believes he has a chance to either complement and possibly replace Alshon Jeffery or DeSean Jackson. It's hard to beat his landing spot, however, and that alone will make him worth considering should either of the two veterans get hurt. The fact he ended up in Philadelphia will probably push him into the first round of rookie drafts, although that also feels like it would be a reach.