Sign in to follow this  
Old School

Observations on Nashville’s 2019 NFL Draft Party

Random takes on Nashville hosting the NFL Draft. Look At Me. Rats Ass All Around.

Holy Sh!t- that’s a lot of people!  The city actually seems to be handling it well. Another excuse for a huge party- possibly the biggest to date.

A major guitar manufacturer is based here in Nashville. I haven’t seen a single one of their guitars on stage or as props in the studios. Typical missed opportunity. Not that I’m still pissed about being let go last year along with 20 other long term employees. Fock em. Those Fender Stratocasters sure look good.Nice job by Fender getting the most out of the op.

The ATT tower- what they call the Batman building is unmistakable in the skyline- their garage is where I park 4 nights a week when I’m working at the Ryman Auditorium.

I walked down to Broadway after work Thursday night as the first round was winding down. Pretty cool. I checked into Margarettaville where a friend was playing guitar. Good times.

I expect to hang for an hour or two On Broadway again Saturday before checking into work Saturday afternoon.

Cops were cool. Directing traffic and not being d!cks. Thursday night I say a group walking towards hotels around 11:30 at one night. One drunk Denver fan almost fell into the street into an unmarked car- they lit up the blues lights- but just told his friends to take care of him and get him out of there. I’ve seen a ton of local cops, state troopers, and swat types in body armor and automatic weapons walking around just off broadway. All have been cool.

Did the Titans really take a guy with a blown ACL who was caught on video punching out a woman as their 1st rounder?

11 minutes ago, Old School said:

Random takes on Nashville hosting the NFL Draft. Look At Me. Rats Ass All Around.

Holy Sh!t- that’s a lot of people!  The city actually seems to be handling it well. Another excuse for a huge party- possibly the biggest to date.

A major guitar manufacturer is based here in Nashville. I haven’t seen a single one of their guitars on stage or as props in the studios. Typical missed opportunity. Not that I’m still pissed about being let go last year along with 20 other long term employees. Fock em. Those Fender Stratocasters sure look good.Nice job by Fender getting the most out of the op.

The ATT tower- what they call the Batman building is unmistakable in the skyline- their garage is where I park 4 nights a week when I’m working at the Ryman Auditorium.

I walked down to Broadway after work Thursday night as the first round was winding down. Pretty cool. I checked into Margarettaville where a friend was playing guitar. Good times.

I expect to hang for an hour or two On Broadway again Saturday before checking into work Saturday afternoon.

Cops were cool. Directing traffic and not being d!cks. Thursday night I say a group walking towards hotels around 11:30 at one night. One drunk Denver fan almost fell into the street into an unmarked car- they lit up the blues lights- but just told his friends to take care of him and get him out of there. I’ve seen a ton of local cops, state troopers, and swat types in body armor and automatic weapons walking around just off broadway. All have been cool.

Did the Titans really take a guy with a blown ACL who was caught on video punching out a woman as their 1st rounder?

The video was 4 years ago. He was 17. The chick insulted a relative who just died, and then got in a fight with his sister. He has been an exemplary character player and teammate since.

And yeah. He had acl surgery in Feb. He will miss most, if not all, of this season. But when healthy he is a top ten level talent. Can't argue with that at 19. 

Nashville looked like a good time. Makes me want to check it out. Too bad the Giants just played the Titans last year.

Nashville is always a good time, several trips and it never disappoints.