Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

I know it's early but. Any Swiss army knives in this draft?

Last year when it came to right down to the wire I used Jaylen Samuels as a TE. Some pure focking genius here with the foresight of a psychic suggested him.  Samuels ended up costing me a win in my first game but we have huge benches so I kept him.  Even not starting he was only slightly less effective than najoku. In the playoffs he came through big time and I would not have won without him. 

Are there any Swiss army type of players this year that will be listed as dual position players?

On 4/27/2019 at 7:15 AM, kilroy69 said:

Last year when it came to right down to the wire I used Jaylen Samuels as a TE. Some pure focking genius here with the foresight of a psychic suggested him.  Samuels ended up costing me a win in my first game but we have huge benches so I kept him.  Even not starting he was only slightly less effective than najoku. In the playoffs he came through big time and I would not have won without him. 

Are there any Swiss army type of players this year that will be listed as dual position players?

I think what you are asking comes down to how the different FF sites end up listing these guys and I'm not sure how/when and if it changes BUT here is your guy to keep an eye on.

Interestingly, another Jalen....................Mr Hurd

Played RB in the SEC at Ten and actually had a very nice line in his So year          277 att     1285 yds   12 TDS   22 rec  190 yds  2 Yds

Transferred to Baylor and switched to WR  with a solid line his SR yr                       69 rec  946 yds         4 TDs    48 ru att  209 yds  3 TDs

and now the 49ers say they see him eventually as a TE ..............he will meet with the WR group for now but I think he may have a dark horse chance of getting some shorty ydg/ GL carries IMHO at some point given the RB group they have

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/teams/sf/san-francisco-49ers

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan suggested third-round WR Jalen Hurd could eventually move to tight end.

A former running back who played ahead of Alvin Kamara at Tennessee, Hurd offers immediate versatility as a runner, but it sounds like the 49ers view him as a potential option at tight end down the road. "We plan on him coming in and being a receiver and working with that group ... but I don’t think that’s where it stops," Shanahan said. "We’ll see how his body ends up being here over the years and while he does it, I also hope we can give him a few carries here and there." Shanahan mentioned Niles Paul, who he coached in Washington, as a player who transitioned from a big wide receiver to a tight end. Hurd, who is 6-foot-5 and played near 250 pounds when he was a running back, could follow the same path.

watch how he gets listed I guess

The future looks bright for the 49ers. I really like their picks of Deebo Samuels and Jalen Hurd. Dante Pettis I feel will be WR1 for the niners and plenty of targets to the #2 ranked TE George Kittle. I thinks Deebo gets a starting spot so with those 3 on the field it might be hard for Jalen to get on the field. Whatever playing time he does get I think he'll produce. He'll look good in 3 receiver sets. So, as long as the team can stay healthy, please God, we'really gonna put points on the board. I know the defense has been atrocious but they made some pretty good FA acquisitions and if the offense & defense.come together we could push the Rams for the division title.

So what I was trying to say in my post was that if Hurd.can get enough.playing time he should have the skill set to be a.Swiss army knife type player.