Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Doug's Top 50 Rookie Rankings

Non ppr? 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Non ppr? 

🤨 I should've noted league type. I'll check with Doug but I'm sure it's probably PPR.

Looks good. I'd have flipped Hockenson & Fant and I have Boykin just behind AJ Brown.

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Non ppr? 

PPR.

1 hour ago, Super Cubs said:

As of right now it does not look like a very sexy group.

Certainly not top-heavy, but I like the depth of the class. I would love to land the likes of Darwin Thompson or Devine Ozigbo or even Bryce Love early in the third round.

9 hours ago, ralphster said:

Looks good. I'd have flipped Hockenson & Fant and I have Boykin just behind AJ Brown.

Thanks.

I think my 😍 for Hockenson probably came through in the draft profiles, but I'm just not crazy about Darrell Bevell calling the shots for the foreseeable future in Detroit.

Boykin is a stud athletically, but I wonder if he can overcome lack of volume and the fact BAL spent a first-rounder on Hollywood. I can't imagine that offense will be able to keep more than two pass-catchers viable in fantasy, and I think one of those guys will consistently be either Mark Andrews or Hayden Hurst.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:14 AM, Mike FF Today said:

I've got a fresh batch of Doug's dynasty rankings in que, but the finishing touches will have to wait until morning. 😴

Good chance I'll just be falling asleep when you post them, so the 😴 is appropriate.

Still too early for me to think much about fantasy football.

But nice year for me not to have a 1st round pick in my Dynasty league.

yeah, only a couple really worth taking a flyer on in the draft.  the rest are likely free agent pickups if they show early in the season.

I see about 8- 10 of those listed on the list worthy of ff draft picks. 

Now I am in a 14 teamer non ppr, so in smaller league sizes I’m sure that number would be less. 

How far does DK move up after the Doug Baldwin news?

I think D Moore will be their wr2.  

4 hours ago, worm said:

How far does DK move up after the Doug Baldwin news?

I accounted for the likely retirement of Baldwin when I did my rankings. I'd be stunned if Metcalf lasted until #14 in any rookie draft though. I just think owners will give up on him by the time he becomes more than a splash player. He's such a tough cat to rank.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:27 PM, The Football Guru said:

I accounted for the likely retirement of Baldwin when I did my rankings. I'd be stunned if Metcalf lasted until #14 in any rookie draft though. I just think owners will give up on him by the time he becomes more than a splash player. He's such a tough cat to rank.

I'd agree. 

The player needs some development still, but I'd say he landed in the right place.  Seattle loves to trade down and pick players with potential who they feel they can develop.

I wouldnt be surprised if they have him running a decent route tree by midseason and have special plays developed just for him and his skillset ready for opening week.

• Like 1

I see more opportunity for D Moore. 

we had our dynasty rookie draft last week. I had pick 1.04 and pick 4 in the second. I ended up with Harry and justice hill and am happy bought that.  Our first four picks were Murray, Jacobs, Hollywood brown, and I got Harry. Then I took justice hil at pick 24 overall. 

Just finished a 4 round rookie draft in a 12 team catch & release dynasty.

First round went: Jacobs, Harry, Montgomery, Sanders, Metcalf, Hockenson, Campbell,  Fant, Singletary, Samuel,  AJ Brown, Arcega-Whiteside.

Kyler Murray went 2.01. I got Miles Boykin at 2.12.

Hi Guru, what’s your feelings about M Sanders the rb drafts by the Eagles. 

Do you think he could have a 50/50 role with Howard this season, and or even over take Howard?  

Thanks.  

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

Hi Guru, what’s your feelings about M Sanders the rb drafts by the Eagles. 

Do you think he could have a 50/50 role with Howard this season, and or even over take Howard?  

Thanks.  

I think once Sanders knows his assignments in pass pro and earns the trust of Pederson/Wentz as a receiver out of the backfield, he will do no worse than matching the number of touches Howard gets. I am willing to be proven wrong, but I don't think Pederson wants to feature a running back for a significant length of time. If the Eagles keep four backs, it wouldn't surprise me if goes something like this: Sanders (40%), Howard (30), Smallwood (20) and Clement (10).

FYI: Howard's contract is up at the end of the year. Thus, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Howard gets phased out late in the season if he hasn't established himself as the clear early-down back by then.

Ok thanks, I would agree about all four of them seeing playing time. 

Its a hard rb situation to be involved in.  

i would put snell on that list.

1 hour ago, taco breath said:

i would put snell on that list.

I acknowledge I'm taking some longshots near the end of the 50, but I don't see a clear role for Snell over the next two years. Conner should get his 20 touches and Samuels should get most of the rest. I suppose Snell would have more value if you don't believe Conner can hold up for a full season.

This is a deep class.  Every year people say weak class, traded for next years picks.  Every year studs emerge.  Nice list as always