Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

What would you do to your kids bully?

Depending on what the bully is doing and if they do it right in front. What would you do to them? Is there any situation where you might actually put your hands on them? Maybe not hit them but shove them maybe off your kid 

Protect my child first, then kick the bully's fathers ass. In front of the bully. 

Teach my son to be a man and do whatever sh!t he has to do to end it. There is no such thing as a dirty fight. Fighting is merely the science of causing pain. Sucker punch, nut shot, eye gouge, do what you must. Just win. Honor is for novels.

If I fight his battles for him, he will never learn to stand on his own.

I was bullied in high school. Same guy tormented me for years. My parents made it clear to me that if I got in trouble at school for fighting, I had their full support. One time the bully and two of his friends were pushing me around. He was much smaller than me. I could have destroyed him. I had two friends there too. They gave me the signal they were down to throw down. It would have been a fair fight. But I backed down. I liked to pretend that I did because I didn't want to see my friends, as well as myself, catch a suspension from school. The reality is I pussed out. It bothers me to this day. If I could go back in time, I'd lay that focker out, consequences be damned.

59 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Protect my child first, then kick the bully's fathers ass. In front of the bully. 

This. Got 3 girls...I'll be on pops doorstep. 

Hopefully never comes to that. Already talking to my 8 year old about standing up for herself. Its hard.

I went to the wrong middle school. White, blue collar trash. There were guys with cars and jobs after school when I was in the 7th grade. Groups of guys would bum rush a kid. They would pick him up over their heads and spread his legs. Then they would run him into a steel pole, and drop him.  The teachers stayed out of the way. I remember once when they formed a group and ventured outside, after a fight had ended to take the winner away. He didn't do anything to start the fight. He just beat the absolute out of a thug who picked on him. He was small, but his father beat him, and he seemed thrilled to have a fight with someone who only had about thirty pounds on him.   😆

Nothing. My kid would have kicked his ass before I ever knew about it 

I'd talk to the father. Tell him to talk to his kid and that I don't want to hear about it being a problem again.

7 hours ago, dain11279 said:

Throw a rape on his dead body

:d

5 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

It really depends on what color the bully is.

This has merit

39 minutes ago, nospk said:

Nothing. My kid would have licked his ass before I ever knew about it 

Newbie?

• Confused 1

My friends and I were jumped by the school bully and his friend on our way home from school one day. 

He caught me at the wrong time, because I had just gotten an F on a school paper I had written about what I wanted for Christmas. I was so pissed that I knocked him down and started beating him in his yellow eyes. Strings of curse words were flowing from my mouth, and the other kids watched and listened with horror.

My mother had to come pry me off of the kid, but she didn't scold me for swearing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two stories:

1. My son was a little guy at a large HS; in 9th grade he found himself going to meet some kid for a fight after school.  We had trained some in taekwondo and I heard it was going down so I didn't intervene and I hoped some of that clicked, thankfully it did because he roundhouse kicked the guy in the head; by all accounts the fight was generally a tie but a boy needs to establish that he isn't going to let himself be bullied, mission accomplished, no more bullying.  Sounds not PC?  Welcome to life as a man.

2. Daughter did some cyber-bullying, and had already been warned by the vice principal.  I could argue that what she did wasn't bad (basically she retweeted something somebody else tweeted), but she did it and was warned, and lied to me about what she did.  So when I found out what happened I said go for it, suspend her.  Another lesson learned.  On a related note, the mom of the girl she cyber bullied was a freak show who texted and threatened my daughter.  I texted the mom back saying that, and I paraphrase, if she ever threatened my daughter again I would kick the ever living shiot out of her.  Another lesson learned, no more texts.

I feel like Socrates with all of these lessons. :bandana:

I suspect that my oldest daughter (7yo) is being bullied. She never wants to talk about the other kids or who she plays with that recess.

We just moved to the area (very small town, population of like 750) so everyone knows everyone and we are the new comers from Chicago. 

I've talked to my daughter about telling the teacher if kids aren't being nice, but I'm not sure how well that's working. Next step is to teach her to start throwing hands. :bandana:

8 minutes ago, Bishop82 said:

I suspect that my oldest daughter (7yo) is being bullied. She never wants to talk about the other kids or who she plays with that recess.

We just moved to the area (very small town, population of like 750) so everyone knows everyone and we are the new comers from Chicago. 

I've talked to my daughter about telling the teacher if kids aren't being nice, but I'm not sure how well that's working. Next step is to teach her to start throwing hands. :bandana:

Girls are tougher to gauge.  Your instincts are probably correct.  It may cost you some out of pocket money based on your health care options, but my advice is to have her talk to a psychologist.   

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Girls are tougher to gauge.  Your instincts are probably correct.  It may cost you some out of pocket money based on your health care options, but my advice is to have her talk to a psychologist.   

I'll start with showing her Rocky 1 through 3 then if that doesn't work we'll try it your way.

2 hours ago, Bishop82 said:

I'll start with showing her Rocky 1 through 3 then if that doesn't work we'll try it your way.

When I think parenting, I think Thunderlips and Clubber Lang.  Good luck with that.  :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Teach my son to be a man and do whatever sh!t he has to do to end it. There is no such thing as a dirty fight. Fighting is merely the science of causing pain. Sucker punch, nut shot, eye gouge, do what you must. Just win. Honor is for novels.

If I fight his battles for him, he will never learn to stand on his own.

I was bullied in high school. Same guy tormented me for years. My parents made it clear to me that if I got in trouble at school for fighting, I had their full support. One time the bully and two of his friends were pushing me around. He was much smaller than me. I could have destroyed him. I had two friends there too. They gave me the signal they were down to throw down. It would have been a fair fight. But I backed down. I liked to pretend that I did because I didn't want to see my friends, as well as myself, catch a suspension from school. The reality is I pussed out. It bothers me to this day. If I could go back in time, I'd lay that focker out, consequences be damned.

Too bad Bran wasn't around to warg into you.

I'd throw down with dad, no doubt.  And then I'd probably lose and give him my lunch money.

#Jerry and hid kids "roundhouse kick.". 😄

Sure sure you did. LOL. pardon me while I stretch my hamstrings out. Now stand exactly still while I walk away from you approximately 1 and 3/4 paces. Now I'm going to turn my back to you while I do that. And then I'm going to swing around with my foot approximately 5.8ft in the air and for Pete's sake don't try to move your head or anything or you'll ruin it. 😁😂

Wait! No fair! You pushed 

me while I was up on one leg with my back turned to you! I'm telling! 😭

next up, Jerry tells us how his kids successfully accomplished the crane maneuver against Ivan Drago. 

• Haha 1

Mongoloid Mike, is that what you used to call him? Bust his head open with a stick?

I just got a call from my youngest son's gym teacher telling me that he and 2 of his friends were "mimicking" another kid in gym class.

Apparently another kid was upset that he was losing whatever game they were playing and ended up crying over it because he felt he was being "targeted".

I'm pretty sure I know who the crying pussay is.  He's the twatty son of one of the teachers and he's always boasting about what he can do or what he has that's better than some other kid.  Of course his boasting is all horsesh!t.   My son has put him in his place more than once, and I guarantee twatty was the one who instigated it.  

Anyway, I'll be having a conversation with my son tonight about sportsmanship, trash talking and following the crowd.  He knows better.  

8 hours ago, wiffleball said:

#Jerry and hid kids "roundhouse kick.". 😄

Sure sure you did. LOL. pardon me while I stretch my hamstrings out. Now stand exactly still while I walk away from you approximately 1 and 3/4 paces. Now I'm going to turn my back to you while I do that. And then I'm going to swing around with my foot approximately 5.8ft in the air and for Pete's sake don't try to move your head or anything or you'll ruin it. 😁😂

Wait! No fair! You pushed 

me while I was up on one leg with my back turned to you! I'm telling! 😭

next up, Jerry tells us how his kids successfully accomplished the crane maneuver against Ivan Drago. 

Yes wiff, I made it up.  Have you ever done anything athletic in your life, other than catching some brain matter?

To your point though, I would personally never use such a kick in a real fight, in part because I'm 50+ and inflexible, but moreso because it is too high risk/reward.  That being said, while our style of TKD is more sport than killing machine, one of the most useful things you learn in all of those hours of sparring is distance control.  I know how to stay just out of your range, and I know how to close the distance to hit you. Carry on.  :)

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

These days, you might have to throw hands with two dads.

Worse. They'd probably be jazz hands. 🙌🙌

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I would eat his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.  

I believe that's Favre beans.

25 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I believe that's Favre beans.

Served with a tiny weiner

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Mongoloid Mike, is that what you used to call him? Bust his head open with a stick?

What's his name, Shrek? 

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Yes wiff, I made it up.  Have you ever done anything athletic in your life, other than catching some brain matter?

To your point though, I would personally never use such a kick in a real fight, in part because I'm 50+ and inflexible, but moreso because it is too high risk/reward.  That being said, while our style of TKD is more sport than killing machine, one of the most useful things you learn in all of those hours of sparring is distance control.  I know how to stay just out of your range, and I know how to close the distance to hit you. Carry on.  :)

Catching brain matter. Lol. 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Catching brain matter. Lol. 😂

He’s just projecting his own insecurities and shortfalls on him. Poor guy. :( 

Wiff it’s okay that that one guy beat you up in HS, no one remembers but you. 

• Like 1

I went to a birthday party a couple of months ago and some kid kept coming up behind my son (4 yrs old), grabbing him from behind, and throwing him to the ground.  I don't know who the parents are but whoever they are, they never intervened. 

I took my son aside and told him to fight back and punch the kid. My son is bigger and could take the kid down.

He said "I'm a nice boy and two wrongs don't make a right". 

I tried explaining that it's not wrong to defend yourself but it just didn't get through. I eventually stopped the kid and told him to stop and he did, but I'm not sure how to get my son to fight back next time.

I know you'll all call my 4 year old a pu$$y but any actual advice would be appreciated. Heartbreaking to see such a little guy get bullied. We talked later and he told me that's never happened before. The kids a jerk and did it to a couple other kids, just not as much. 

On 5/6/2019 at 7:09 AM, dain11279 said:

Throw a rape on his dead body

And there ya go