Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

Guess when Ruth Bader Ginsburg will die

8 hours ago, Beaker15 said:

That was pretty funny but I am not shocked that asshat Clayton suspended you.  How long did he suspend you?

2 months thru November 17th:

Reason: Warning
Content: Ruth Bader Ginsburg RIP
Penalty:
  • Given 1 points which will never expire.
  • Restricted from posting - 1 month and 30 days
  • Banned - 1 month and 30 days

Note:

this had Weekend at Ginsburg's written all over it for a while.

• Haha 2

Very uninspiring and weak dying wish for a staunch liberal SC judge. I thought for sure it would have been bury me with a Constitution. I want it to rot with me forever.   

4 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Very uninspiring and weak dying wish for a staunch liberal SC judge. I thought for sure it would have been bury me with a Constitution. I want it to rot with me forever.   

There is absolutely no way she said that on her deathbed.  That was completely made up - I made several posts regarding that before they suspended me.  They didn't want to hear it.

For a supposedly smart woman like ginsburg, no way she said that.  That was made up to try and stir up the masses against Trump.

Ginsburg is NOT the emporer of Rome where she gets to dictate and/or pick who replaces her.  The USSC is not her personal business either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

There is absolutely no way she said that on her deathbed.  That was completely made up - I made several posts regarding that before they suspended me.  They didn't want to hear it.

For a supposedly smart woman like ginsburg, no way she said that.  That was made up to try and stir up the masses against Trump.

She probably said it. She was talking shLt about Trump before he won. She had Trump Derangement Cancer:

After lobbing several disapproving comments at Donald Trump over the course of the past week, Ruth Bader Ginsburg said Thursday that she regretted weighing in on the 2016 election.

"On reflection, my recent remarks in response to press inquiries were ill-advised and I regret making them," the Supreme Court Justice said in a statement.

She added: "Judges should avoid commenting on a candidate for public office. In the future I will be more circumspect."

During three separate interviews with the press this past week, Ginsburg called the presumptive GOP nominee a "faker," chastised his refusal to release his tax returns, and publicly said she couldn't "imagine" what the U.S. would be like with Trump in the Oval Office.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ruth-bader-ginsburg-apologizes-for-anti-trump-comments/

Leftists openly calling for violence for following the constitution. Yeah, that’s where they are now. 

2 hours ago, DexterM1776 said:

Guys maybe they should wait. We don't want liberals Burning, Looting and Murdering in the streets... :mellow:

They have good practice but since the leaders are in prison now, Portland had two or three days of non-riots which was nice. Hope it lasts. They may be off starting wildfires, who knows?

19 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

They have good practice but since the leaders are in prison now, Portland had two or three days of non-riots which was nice. Hope it lasts. They may be off starting wildfires, who knows?

Rioting returned to Portland last night. 

Sorting through thoughts here...

I think it's best POTUS appoints someone and the Senate holds confirmation hearings stat. Especially with the likelihood of a heavily litigated election quickly upon us.

But in recognizing the intent behind how the process was set up to work, the 2016 Senate should have at least voted on Merrick Garland. They could have voted against confirmation. Heavy responsibility for those up for reelection, but that's the nature of the job in theory.

Why should it have mattered that the parties were split? 

• Like 1

I'm supposed to care what liberals think is right after they tried to impeach the president in a election year non the less.

Nope they made their bed.

Harry Reid started this mess with removing the judicial filibuster.  Schumer is on the record saying he plans to remove the filibuster if the D's gain control of the Senate.  You have to assume they're going to try and legislatively make DC and Puerto Rico states.  If they are successful, there's no realistic path for the R's to regain Senate control for many years, and even then it would be after a far leftward lurch leaving the new "middle" as to what at best today might be called a "center-left".  I don't think Trump not making this nomination stops any of that.  In fact, he almost has to in order to have the court as a impediment to these lurches to the left.  I do fear the left packing the court under a puppet Biden administration, but I don't discount the possibility they might do that regardless, so I don't think that's a reason for Trump and McConnell not to move forward.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mark Davis said:

Harry Reid started this mess with removing the judicial filibuster.  Schumer is on the record saying he plans to remove the filibuster if the D's gain control of the Senate.  You have to assume they're going to try and legislatively make DC and Puerto Rico states.  If they are successful, there's no realistic path for the R's to regain Senate control for many years, and even then it would be after a far leftward lurch leaving the new "middle" as to what at best today might be called a "center-left".  I don't think Trump not making this nomination stops any of that.  In fact, he almost has to in order to have the court as a impediment to these lurches to the left.  I do fear the left packing the court under a puppet Biden administration, but I don't discount the possibility they might do that regardless, so I don't think that's a reason for Trump and McConnell not to move forward.

I don't listen to him but had recently read that Rush was also predicting this.  I would add that illegals will be granted citizenship and allowed to vote as well as felons and quite possibly those in prison.  This election is our last stand imo.  It's over if Trump loses.

You could see this death coming a mile away though.  The Dems desperately needed something to rally the base and abortion is just what the doctor ordered.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I don't listen to him but had recently read that Rush was also predicting this.  I would add that illegals will be granted citizenship and allowed to vote as well as felons and quite possibly those in prison.  This election is our last stand imo.  It's over if Trump loses.

You could see this death coming a mile away though.  The Dems desperately needed something to rally the base and abortion is just what the doctor ordered.  

Yes, it will be a dramatic shift in our country.  If it ever normalizes, the new center won't be anything near where the center is today.

This was interesting. I assumed the epic stall with Obama's Merrick Garland nomination was unprecedented. It wasn't. See "no action" and "postponed"

I find McConnell's 2016 lip service about delaying to honor the American people's interest in having a say as just that. But good to know it wasn't beyond the pale historically speaking.

One of the "no action" nominations was of John Meredith Read by John Tyler in 1845. The southern Democrats in the senate didn't support him because he was against expanding slavery into the territories. Didn't vote against him, just didn't vote at all.

7 hours ago, Boots11234 said:

Some would say it was lucky she passed now and not 8 weeks from now. 

If she had any integrity she would have retired in 2019 after her 4th cancer diagnosis at age 85. Remember that SOTU when she couldn't even hold her head up?  She has been a bag of bones for 2.5 years.

The mere fact she wouldn't retire because she wanted a say in her replacement shows how political she was. Because of that, fock her and fock anyone who tries to compare this to Scalia. She had plenty of time to retire with dignity and prevent a national crisis during an election.

Also, Scalia died from an unexpected "heart attack", he did not milk the bench for 3+ years while barely functioning and incapable of performing his duties.

3 hours ago, naomi said:

Sorting through thoughts here...

I think it's best POTUS appoints someone and the Senate holds confirmation hearings stat. Especially with the likelihood of a heavily litigated election quickly upon us.

But in recognizing the intent behind how the process was set up to work, the 2016 Senate should have at least voted on Merrick Garland. They could have voted against confirmation. Heavy responsibility for those up for reelection, but that's the nature of the job in theory.

Why should it have mattered that the parties were split? 

That is the real issue.

Mitch did not want to put Republican senators from moderate states on record in an election year. Vote no they may lose support from moderates. Vote yes they may lose support from conservatives.

The outcome was already decided, Garland would have been rejected 100%. So Mitch's decision did not affect the court (no seat was "stolen"), but it did set the table for the shite show we see today.

It will be entertaining to see all of the videos of today's Republicans saying the exact same things as Democrats in 2016 and vice versa.

At the end of the day though, Trump has the constitution on his side, and his party controls the senate which means a justice would get confirmed if nominated.

42 minutes ago, Goggins said:

If she had any integrity she would have retired in 2019 after her 4th cancer diagnosis at age 85. Remember that SOTU when she couldn't even hold her head up?  She has been a bag of bones for 2.5 years.

The mere fact she wouldn't retire because she wanted a say in her replacement shows how political she was. Because of that, fock her and fock anyone who tries to compare this to Scalia. She had plenty of time to retire with dignity and prevent a national crisis during an election.

Also, Scalia died from an unexpected "heart attack", he did not milk the bench for 3+ years while barely functioning and incapable of performing his duties.

Her activist orientation puts me off (using present tense because I learned more about it last night) and Scalia's "originalist" orientation resonates with me. He disagreed, as he put it, with how she "interprets the text" but he deeply respected her as a person, and vice-versa. There must have been something special about her on a colleague basis. And if she found originalism genuinely ignoble as it sounds like she did, there had to have been something special about him on a colleague basis. He would give her two dozen roses on her birthday, and they even vacationed together. One time he gave her a copy of his dissent ahead of a weekend before she would need to release the opinion on behalf of the majority. She said it absolutely ruined her weekend because he had great zingers in it, and it forced her to make the majority opinion better. Interesting he wanted her to have that opportunity. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/history-is-on-the-side-of-republicans-filling-a-supreme-court-vacancy-in-2020/

@titans&bucs&bearsohmy! and anyone else who wonders how the current situation and the 2016 situation have been historically decided, this article (written in August) lays out all of the scenarios of a judicial appointment during an election year and how they played out.

History is on the side of the Republicans now and in 2016.

Pretty informative article, it should be required reading for anyone who cares about this or tweets about it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Goggins said:

No thanks to the 'fock her' part.  Proally pretty dusty

RBG is a disgrace to the SCOTUS she is a partisan hack who couldn't keep her mouth shut. Yes we know how most of the judges will rule. She turned the seat into activision.

She doesn't want "her seat" filled until after the election. Even though she said it was the senate's job to fill a a seat in 2016. "The president is still the president even on his last day in office". Guess what sweet heart Donald J. Trump is the president and that's NOT your seat. That's the seat of the United States if america and you don't get to make that decision even if it's your dying radical activist breath.

She was a terrible judge and worse human. May she burn in hell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DexterM1776 said:

RBG is a disgrace to the SCOTUS she is a partisan hack who couldn't keep her mouth shut. Yes we know how most of the judges will rule. She turned the seat into activision.

She doesn't want "her seat" filled until after the election. Even though she said it was the senate's job to fill a a seat in 2016. "The president is still the president even on his last day in office". Guess what sweet heart Donald J. Trump is the president and that's NOT your seat. That's the seat of the United States if america and you don't get to make that decision even if it's your dying radical activist breath.

She was a terrible judge and worse human. May she burn in hell.

But how do you really feel is the question??? 

The lefties are calling for decorum and playing by the rules.  They are actually cut-throat nasty people that would take this and run if they were in this position.  Any concession by the right will be thanked by them stepping on our throats first chance they get.  OMG if Trump wins, appoints a new justice, and and we hold the Senate?  Ammo prices will really go through the roof.

• Like 1

Ruth Bader Ginsberg says the president should do his job and nominate and the senate should do their job and vote.

"There's nothing in the Constitution that says the president stops being the president in his last year," Ginsburg said in a 2016 New York Times interview in which she called for Garland to receive a confirmation vote in the Senate.

As for whether the Senate should take up a vote on Garland, Ginsburg said at the time, "That's their job."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flashback-in-2016-ginsburg-senate-election-year-vacancy

Better honor the woman's wishes.

• Haha 1