Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

Dems want to hold Barr in contempt.

He didn't show up for a congressional subpoena, I'm a little surprised he wasn't found in contempt immediately---admittedly, I don't know if it's the same as not showing up to court when subpoena'd.  :dunno: 

S

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

He didn't show up for a congressional subpoena, I'm a little surprised he wasn't found in contempt immediately---admittedly, I don't know if it's the same as not showing up to court when subpoena'd.  :dunno: 

Either way ....contempt is really really bad.

Meh. Holder was held in contempt of congress. Nothing happened to him. 

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Meh. Holder was held in contempt of congress. Nothing happened to him. 

Well - then I agree, if it the punishment is a big nothingburger, than Meh.  

The liberal nut jobs in the House just want SOMETHING, ANYTHING at this point to get a win.  Unfortunately for them, this is another loss they're going to take on the chin.

At this rate, in 2020 Trump and the GOP are going to slaughter the Democrats.  People are seeing just how crazy, unhinged and hysterical these guys are in their corrupt attempts to gain power.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Well - then I agree, if it the punishment is a big nothingburger, than Meh.  

It seems to be more symbolic than anything else. Holder didn't suffer any consequences whatsoever IIRC. No fines or jail time. He didn't even have to step down as AG.  :dunno:

15 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

The subpeona was for the Report, not Barr.   Barr can't legally release it because it focuses too much on obstruction.  :dunno: 

On 5/6/2019 at 1:54 PM, Mike Honcho said:

The charge against him was not providing 500+ COMPLETELY UNREDACTED copies of Mueller report to Congress. That would be highly illegal for Barr to do so. By law he is only permitted to release as much as he has. 

The Dems want to see who else is being criminally referred in section D5. 

4 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

The charge against him was not providing 500+ COMPLETELY UNREDACTED copies of Mueller report to Congress. That would be highly illegal for Barr to do so. By law he is only permitted to release as much as he has. 

Honestly, where are you getting that from?

7 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Honestly, where are you getting that from?

I am curious, are you aware of some element of the law that congress is not?

"Since first communicating its need to obtain this information, the Committee has acknowledged the Attorney General’s legal and policy concerns regarding release of these materials and has sought to negotiate an accommodation acceptable to both the Attorney General and the Committee," the report stated. "Nevertheless, Attorney General Barr failed to comply with the Committee’s request for these documents and thereby has hindered the Committee’s constitutional, oversight, and legislative functions."

Link

If you object to this, you need to go back to what seems to be the source for all the legal stances the Dem's seem to detest.,......the Dems themselves, notably the Clintons.

The Clinton Justice Department crafted the special counsel regulations to ensure that the relatively independent special counsel was properly restrained and accountable.

Link

In this light, and especially in light of subsequent events, I fail to see how Barr warrants the super-harsh personal criticism he has received over the letter. Those subsequent events include (i) publicly clarifying that he, Barr, did not purport to capture or summarize everything in Mueller’s report; (ii) working around the clock to get the relatively lightly redacted report made public—something Barr had no legal duty to do; (iii) testifying twice before Congress to explain his reasoning; and (iv) allowing Mueller to testify before Congress if he wants. These are not the actions of a man trying to mischaracterize the report or hide the ball. And they cured any objections that might have properly been lodged against the quickly written original letter.

14 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

The Dems want to see who else is being criminally referred in section D5. 

You are correct, I was wrong that the contempt violation was due to not showing up for the hearing.   I'd not followed it close enough to learn the details, appreciate the extra information.   

I'll have to do a little more reading/research to find out how/why Nadler believes he has a case here.   Thanks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You are correct, I was wrong that the contempt violation was due to not showing up for the hearing.   I'd not followed it close enough to learn the details, appreciate the extra information.   

I'll have to do a little more reading/research to find out how/why Nadler believes he has a case here.   Thanks.

Couple things with Nadler proceeding with that. So he thinks he can order Barr to break the law? Isn't that in itself breaking the law?

1 hour ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Couple things with Nadler proceeding with that. So he thinks he can order Barr to break the law? Isn't that in itself breaking the law?

They are setting traps, just like they have been doing for the past 3 years.

2 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

I've read a couple of things and don't see anything that contradicts your assertion that Barr is protecting the confidentiality of the Grand Jury material, so unless I've missed something, yeah it seems he's asking the AG to break the law. 

If I find a better legal explanation for Nadler's thought process I'll post, but so far I haven't come across it yet.    

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I've read a couple of things and don't see anything that contradicts your assertion that Barr is protecting the confidentiality of the Grand Jury material, so unless I've missed something, yeah it seems he's asking the AG to break the law. 

If I find a better legal explanation for Nadler's thought process I'll post, but so far I haven't come across it yet.    

I believe the Dems are taking the stance "We have oversight and we get to see everything!"  Not according to law they don't.

2 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

I believe the Dems are taking the stance "We have oversight and we get to see everything!"  Not according to law they don't.

If they want to see it then they should change the law.

And I bet they would as that approach would fit well with their historical behaviors to do stuff that serves their immediate need while screwing things up for them in the future....so focking stupid....

Can anyone give a valid reason why Nadler and company would be doing this (demanding Barr break the law)? They're offering all sorts of excuses but seriously; for those that support the Democrats; why would they do this?

2 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Can anyone give a valid reason why Nadler and company would be doing this (demanding Barr break the law)? They're offering all sorts of excuses but seriously; for those that support the Democrats; why would they do this?

They need to discredit Barr, it is imperative to them keeping the obstruction and collusion narrative alive.

2 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

They need to discredit Barr, it is imperative to them keeping the obstruction and collusion narrative alive.

Agreed but I want one of the left leaners here to come up with a valid reason. 

6 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Agreed but I want one of the left leaners here to come up with a valid reason. 

Orange man bad

• Thanks 1

According to the NYT, Barr appointed Connecticut U.S. Attorney named John Durham to investigate the origins of the Trump Russia investigation. While true this guy is investigating, he's been on it since before Barr was nominated.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6fVddeWsAEvZ_a?format=jpg&name=small

That's from James Baker's testimony on Oct. 3rd, 2018

PANIC in DC

• Like 1

Bill Barr did not mince words about his brawl with House Democrats when he ran into Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday on the sidelines of a Capitol Hill event.

According to a source close to the attorney general, Barr approached her in a holding tent after the National Peace Officers Memorial Service and asked whether she had brought her handcuffs.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barr-teases-pelosi-asks-if-she-brought-her-handcuffs-on-sidelines-of-dc-event

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Bill Barr did not mince words about his brawl with House Democrats when he ran into Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday on the sidelines of a Capitol Hill event.

According to a source close to the attorney general, Barr approached her in a holding tent after the National Peace Officers Memorial Service and asked whether she had brought her handcuffs.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barr-teases-pelosi-asks-if-she-brought-her-handcuffs-on-sidelines-of-dc-event

That is outstanding!

32 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Should have pushed her down and kicked her in that dried up pusssy. 

• Haha 3

Meuller time is over. Time to pay the Barr tab.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Since he did not hurt anyone, can he just get credit for time served and community service and then all charges dropped, right?