Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Dynasty Rankings Updated

Kinda surprised Antonio Callaway fell out of the top 80. Obviously Beckham and Landry limit his upside, but he's young, talented, and on a rising team. He's an injury (or another Beckham Jr meltdown) away from being in a position to put up good numbers.

15 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

Kinda surprised Antonio Callaway fell out of the top 80. Obviously Beckham and Landry limit his upside, but he's young, talented, and on a rising team. He's an injury (or another Beckham Jr meltdown) away from being in a position to put up good numbers.

I debated squeezing him in, and he was just on the outside looking in. Ultimately, I don't want to count on a potential injury and use it as justification for ranking a player. Barring something unforeseen, Callaway isn't going to start for the remainder of his rookie contract in Cleveland. And in the case he sees an extended run as a starter due to an OBJ/Landry injury, he'll be third in line at best for targets.

At 35 years old why do you like Rodgers so much? 

He was only 11th in points per game last season, I would think at 35 he would be in no higher then tier two. 

They seem so limited after Adams 

And why so little love for the Bears Qb the Truib? 

You have him behind the old guys.  

20 hours ago, weepaws said:

At 35 years old why do you like Rodgers so much? 

He was only 11th in points per game last season, I would think at 35 he would be in no higher then tier two. 

They seem so limited after Adams 

We have two QBs playing at a high level going into or already in their 40s. I would argue Rodgers is playing better at 35 than either of them were at the same age. I could argue the subtraction of McCarthy is another reason to like him for the next five-plus years.

20 hours ago, weepaws said:

And why so little love for the Bears Qb the Truib? 

You have him behind the old guys.  

Trubisky has a lot of work to do to enjoy sustained success. He was very average after Week 10 last season. Did defenses figure him out and put more emphasis on keeping him in the pocket? Right now, I see him as a Matt Nagy creation more than an up-and-coming talent.

12 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

We have two QBs playing at a high level going into or already in their 40s. I would argue Rodgers is playing better at 35 than either of them were at the same age. I could argue the subtraction of McCarthy is another reason to like him for the next five-plus years.

Trubisky has a lot of work to do to enjoy sustained success. He was very average after Week 10 last season. Did defenses figure him out and put more emphasis on keeping him in the pocket? Right now, I see him as a Matt Nagy creation more than an up-and-coming talent.

Fair enough, thank you. 

Guru of I can I would like to ask you a redraft question on a dynasty thread.  

Whats you feelings about J Thomas the te for the Texans going into this next season. 

Looks like he will be their te this season with the off field problems with Griffin. 

He didn’t catch much passes, but he’s did score four tds.  

This is a non ppr question, and a 14 team league. 

Thank you for your info. 

11 hours ago, Quickolas1 said:

Robert Foster gets no respect. No respect, I tell you.

Right now, I'm not even sure he's going to start over Zay Jones. If I knew that for sure, I'd probably bump him up to the bottom part of Tier 5.

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

Guru of I can I would like to ask you a redraft question on a dynasty thread.  

Whats you feelings about J Thomas the te for the Texans going into this next season. 

Looks like he will be their te this season with the off field problems with Griffin. 

He didn’t catch much passes, but he’s did score four tds.  

This is a non ppr question, and a 14 team league. 

Thank you for your info. 

Jordan Thomas is an interesting case.

Darren Fells was added for his ability to block. He's making the team. Warring was drafted in the third round, so he's making the team. Jordan Akins was a third-rounder last year drafted to be the new C.J. Fiedorowicz. Thomas was picked in the sixth because he was just too good of an athlete and fit the prototype. The reason I am answering the question this way is Akins and Thomas are probably battling it out for one spot. Few, if any, teams keep four TEs. I don't think there is any way Griffin is sticking around, even if he hadn't screwed up.

With that said, the only year Houston has really leaned on the TE recently was when Brock Osweiler was afraid to go more than 10 yards down the field - about three years ago if memory serves. If Thomas improves his blocking from last year, I could see him having some relevancy this year in fantasy, especially as a TE2 in 14-teamers. With that said, I'm not sure there will be more than 40 catches or 5-6 TDs for him if Hopkins, Fuller and Coutee can stay relatively healthy. And it really wouldn't surprise me if Warring starts seeing significant playing time late in the season if he shows well over the first half of the season.

Thank you. 

Couldnt quote your post for some reason.

But I respectfully disagree about Robert Foster and Zay Jones.

Obviously Buffalo isnt a hot bed for WR stats...im mot touting Fosters fantasy prospects.

But Zay Jones sucks.  And isnt the same type of player.  Zay is better served as a slot guy and they already have Beasley.  

Lets say you want to draft a Bills WR and all are on the board.  I may go Foster first.  I think they really like him.  

I think it is him and Brown on the outaide with Beas in the slot.  

Of course Brown or Foster will be boom.or bust plays all year long.

Brown would be my first pick of those wr with the Bills. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Brown would be my first pick of those wr with the Bills. 

He could be for sure.  Depends who gets more defensive attsntion or who Allen likes more.

He and Foster hooked up on the deep ball several times in his rookie year.  Doball the OC has tes with Foster from Alabama.  

10 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Couldnt quote your post for some reason.

But I respectfully disagree about Robert Foster and Zay Jones.

Obviously Buffalo isnt a hot bed for WR stats...im mot touting Fosters fantasy prospects.

But Zay Jones sucks.  And isnt the same type of player.  Zay is better served as a slot guy and they already have Beasley.  

Lets say you want to draft a Bills WR and all are on the board.  I may go Foster first.  I think they really like him.  

I think it is him and Brown on the outaide with Beas in the slot.  

Of course Brown or Foster will be boom.or bust plays all year long.

I don't disagree. I realize Jones did most of his damage in the slot and the Bills have Beasley now. I like Foster more too,  as evidenced by ranking him and not ranking Jones. But Buffalo has to agree. Do the Bills care they spent a second-rounder on Jones and want to justify that pick, will they play the better player or will they have them split time? I'm not going to pretend to know what they are thinking. Jones sucked his way to 56 catches and seven scores last year, so it's not going to an open-and-shut case IMO.