Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Ju Ju after AB trade?

Guessing there's a thread on this, but I haven't seen it.

Do you think he steps up? Or does he fold under the pressure that AB used to take away from him?

Thanks. I'll hang up now and listen.

What would be your guess? , to the OP. 

I think he’s going to have a outstanding season.  

That is indeed the  biggest question mark on the Steelers, who’s going to be the wr2.  

I'm not worried about juju.  if you look back at the pittsburgh receivers,  the vast majority of the WR's playing during the years Rothlisberger was the starter had their best statistical years while playing in pittsburgh.

Santonio Holmes

Plaxico burress

Mike wallace

Martavious bryant.

all 4 had better stats overall while in Pittsburgh than they did on other teams.

some had a good season here or there, but most performed far better with Rothlisberger at the helm.   To me this is a statement on how good a QB he is.

This also would suggest what I think is going to happen to Antonio Browns stats now that he has left the Steelers.

the only WR to buck the trend was Emanuel Sanders who performed better playing with Manning in Denver than he did in Pittsburgh.

I do think Juju will do well, and I also think another WR will emerge and perform well as the #2.   I'm calling it now.

• Like 1

The Steelers are an offensive machine. They just replace the parts and keep on going.  Ju Ju is probably the best bet on that offense to duplicate or improve on last seasons numbers. I think the real question(s) are, who emerges as the #2 WR? And does Conner continue to be a three down back, or has Samuels carved out a role going forward?

On 5/7/2019 at 11:14 PM, wiffleball said:

Do you think he steps up? Or does he fold under the pressure that AB used to take away from him?

Just my opinion but I think the answer is somewhere in between and how '19 Juju compares to '18 Juju will be very dependent upon how the Steelers decide to approach formations which I don't know, maybe someone else has clarity.

Juju had over half of his snaps in the slot where he excelled. Will the Steelers move him to flanker to replace Brown's spot in most alignments?

If they do, he will be facing an opponents top corner most of the time and he will find it much more difficult to get open than he has inside. If Ds also give him Antonio treatment by shading other coverage I'm pretty high conviction he will have a tough time because he isn't that level of route runner, so there's shot he will be considered a bust by those who draft him high this year.

If the Steelers continue to give him most of his snaps out of the slot I suspect those who draft him will do fine but it will happen on more targets with less efficiency without Antonio to draw extra attention. The matchups are better inside and its tough to double cover but I could see teams shading coverage especially at crunch.

• Thanks 1

I think there is a lot of room for juju to out produce last season and have his best season ever, if Ben stays healthy. 

Gone is also Browns 15 td rec, juju should score more then the 7 td rec he had last season. 

Diontae Johnson will be the #2 wr in Pittsburgh.

Taken #66 with the pick received from the Antonio Brown trade, Diontae has a similar skill set to AB and will take his position on the field.

He's a playmaker, good route runner with very good field awareness with quickness off the line of scrimmage.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Smileseers said:

Diontae Johnson will be the #2 wr in Pittsburgh.

Taken #66 with the pick received from the Antonio Brown trade, Diontae has a similar skill set to AB and will take his position on the field.

He's a playmaker, good route runner with very good field awareness with quickness off the line of scrimmage.

He's more Sammy Coates than AB.

Juju a second rounder in a PPR? Maybe. Unless there is an early run on RBs as there are not a lot to go around this year.

• Like 1

Unless the league is smaller then let’s say 10 teams, JuJu is diffently a second rounder. 

Been doing some 14 team non ppr mocks, and teams drafting late have been taking juju in the first round in some of those mocks. 

Clearly a case where the QB makes stars out of the WR's. Big Ben is elite. Juju will get top corners this year blah blah blah. He is a star with BB throwing to him. No concerns here.

On 7/22/2019 at 3:07 AM, tanatastic said:

He could absolutely have an AB type season, I expect him to do great.

I agree.  Expecting a monster season if he stays healthy. 

It's open as far as I am concerned. Some very good #2s don't become very good #1s by default when someone leaves the team. I'm not paying too high for him but I do think he could be good. 

His price should be top 5 WRs. 

If he’s their on the turn and I have a late pick, I’m taking him. 

after the 1st round which is all the keepers in our 12 man league I expect JuJu, Tyrek Hill, and Kelce to be where I pick at 2:6

The reason these guys are sticking around still at 2:6 is some of the 12 have weak keepers....ie one guy has either fournette or mixon to keep.

I am keeping Davante Adams over David Johnson in ppr just because i feel Davante is super consistent, safe and can be the top wr.

at this point the rbs are blah at 2:6 so I would take JuJu 1st to pair with Davante, then Kelce, then Tyrek. feel Tyrek may have a lil Karma this year.

with all that rambling could easily see JuJu with 95-1250 10td

1 hour ago, Pinesprings said:

after the 1st round which is all the keepers in our 12 man league I expect JuJu, Tyrek Hill, and Kelce to be where I pick at 2:6

The reason these guys are sticking around still at 2:6 is some of the 12 have weak keepers....ie one guy has either fournette or mixon to keep.

I am keeping Davante Adams over David Johnson in ppr just because i feel Davante is super consistent, safe and can be the top wr.

at this point the rbs are blah at 2:6 so I would take JuJu 1st to pair with Davante, then Kelce, then Tyrek. feel Tyrek may have a lil Karma this year.

Who are you going to end up with at RB1 and RB2? Someone like Miller and Carson, if you're lucky? Not sure all is being kept in your league though.

8 hours ago, Pinesprings said:

PPR league I guess, if so I like it. 

On 7/31/2019 at 4:38 PM, weepaws said:

PPR league I guess, if so I like it. 

yes it is ppr. I could probably get Chubb or Fornette at 2:6 to go with davante over JuJu, Kelce, or Tyrek. chubb n fornette are not good rec backs though

I think Chubb will be a top five rb this season, but I also think juju will be a top five wr. 

So it comes down to your own personal rankings.  

After last year. Im never drafting fornette again. He is a focking idiot

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think Chubb will be a top five rb this season, but I also think juju will be a top five wr. 

Won't happen for either. 

Ben likes to use one wr heavily and then one to take the lid off. Till last year that was his M.O.   

The 2 reasons why Brown was so good is that he ran precision routes. He was where ben wanted him to be . Juju  also runs  his routes very well.  And he has a Qb that can and  WILL throw it. Ben being a fuxking giant also means that he stands in the pocket for passes that other qbs would bail on.  I would love to land juju in round 3 of my superflex. 

28 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Ben likes to use one wr heavily and then one to take the lid off. Till last year that was his M.O.   

The 2 reasons why Brown was so good is that he ran precision routes. He was where ben wanted him to be . Juju  also runs  his routes very well.  And he has a Qb that can and  WILL throw it. Ben being a fuxking giant also means that he stands in the pocket for passes that other qbs would bail on.  I would love to land juju in round 3 of my superflex. 

ff calc ADP for 2QB league has Juju at #19 overall. So not likely making the third.

He was the # 26 player in my league last year. I may have to take him im the 2nd. 

I would rank Kelce as the number one te. 

I would trust JuJu over T Hill, based on the on going case that T Hiss is still involved in. 

That case is still open, and who knows what might happen as time goes on. 

read on rotoworld juju is lining up outside more and not in the slot. Will this header him or will ben force feed targets to him regardless and he will have a similar season to last year which was wr 1 stats?

Im contemplating taking either Tyrek Hill or JuJu in ppr? tough choice. Kelce is a possibility too where we start 3 wr/te. 

Juju will have an elite season.

My only concern is his health.  Not because he is injury prone but he plays the game hard and isnt afraid toake the tough catches over the middle.  Or block and piss defenders off.  His style will get him banged up perhaps.

On 5/8/2019 at 2:14 AM, wiffleball said:

You may be looking at AB numbers when AB was the first WR off the board. 

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Juju will have an elite season.

My only concern is his health.  Not because he is injury prone but he plays the game hard and isnt afraid toake the tough catches over the middle.  Or block and piss defenders off.  His style will get him banged up perhaps.

Safety over the top. 

2 hours ago, Pinesprings said:

read on rotoworld juju is lining up outside more and not in the slot. Will this header him or will ben force feed targets to him regardless and he will have a similar season to last year which was wr 1 stats?

Im contemplating taking either Tyrek Hill or JuJu in ppr? tough choice. Kelce is a possibility too where we start 3 wr/te. 

Ju Ju took 59% of his passes out of the slot last season, per Rotoworld.  He was incredibly successful though when out wide, one of the best in the game last season, also per Rotoworld.  I own Ju Ju in my largest dynasty league.  Last year, I wasn't worried at all.  This season, I'm wondering how he will deal with the double coverages and the top opposing Corners.  It's a big step up.  I think he will be fine though, just some early season jitters on my end.  In recent Steeler history, the next guy up at WR has seemingly outdone the guy before him.  I can see him putting up incredible numbers, but could also see him being limited to what he did last season, which is just fine as well.  Either way, he's too talented to flop and they have a decent group of WR's which should open things up a bit for him. 

3 hours ago, Pinesprings said:

People worry too much, as long as the Oline is pass protecting well the coverage isn't going to matter.

Hines, Burress, Holmes, Wallace, Sanders, Brown now JuJu....

1 hour ago, sderk said:

Safety over the top. 

So in other words hes just another wr.  The number 2 in Pitt should put up JuJu numbers.

What sort of numbers do you expect he puts up? 

He's a WR1 and I'd take him top 10 of WRs.  He could potentially end up the #1 overall WR this year and be drafted 1st off the board next year.

On 8/22/2019 at 10:33 PM, Gepetto said:

He's a WR1 and I'd take him top 10 of WRs.  He could potentially end up the #1 overall WR this year and be drafted 1st off the board next year.

so how would you rank ppr? tyrek hill, kelce, juju. thanks