Sign in to follow this  
Meglamaniac

Stick hard at work

Ah, ~stick.  The gift that keeps on giving. I guess as a conservatard I need to own him like that weird uncle you won't leave alone with your kids.  But I'm on record here saying that vaccines are arguably the greatest invention of humankind, so I'm kinda torn.  :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

Vaccinations are a major contributor to MMGW.

Because people tend not to die?  :dunno:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Because people tend not to die?  :dunno:

Ya, I guess. They say the best thing you can do for the environment is not have kids. Not getting vaccines for your kids is a close 2nd, I guess. 

~stick.....a perfect example of why I am trying to pay more attention to specifics in an effort to not lump all of the Trumpists here together in terms of beliefs, intelligence, appearance, etc...... as doing so is simply not fair to 15-20% of you. 

8 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

~stick.....a perfect example of why I am trying to pay more attention to specifics in an effort to not lump all of the Trumpists here together in terms of beliefs, intelligence, appearance, etc...... as doing so is simply not fair to 15-20% of you. 

Thanks man. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

How is the weather up on that pedestal?

• Like 1

God Bless ~stickFB_IMG_1553025463749.jpg.27c1416a175ecd1b396bc4160bda4e3d.jpg

I don't remember stick too much from his time here. The flap over his posts about how you can't rape your wife being discovered is about all I remember about him.

That said... I can't decide which he is.

On the one hand, he could be a totally sincere moron. Which is bad that such is in government.

Or, and I wager this is more likely, he knows full well that what he is saying is dangerous idiocy, but says it anyway because he is pandering to the suburban power mommy crowd. Which is abhorent.

Who knows. Maybe he's just an idiot. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. 

17 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I don't remember stick too much from his time here. The flap over his posts about how you can't rape your wife being discovered is about all I remember about him.

On the one hand, he could be a totally sincere moron. Which is bad that such is in government.

Or, and I wager this is more likely, he knows full well that what he is saying is dangerous idiocy, but says it anyway because he is pandering to the suburban power mommy crowd. Which is abhorent.

He's one of us so.....

Wasn't Stick the one who tried to start an online poker room "Let's Poker"? 

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

My vote is on idiot/moron.

2 hours ago, joneo said:

Wasn't Stick the one who tried to start an online poker room "Let's Poker"? 

No, that was Strumey (sp?)

• Thanks 1

Didn’t he leave the geek club so his posts wouldn’t get him in trouble? If he is just going to say crazy sh1t in public, he may as well come back. :dunno:

20 years ago, someone willing to make bold and wrong public statements would get laughed out.  But now, as more people are extremists, bold and wrong wins because having a spine is more important than being right.

29 minutes ago, riversco said:

20 years ago, someone willing to make bold and wrong public statements would get laughed out.  But now, as more people are extremists, bold and wrong wins because having a spine is more important than being right.

That, and pissing "the other side" off and getting clicks is all that matters.

The other day, a congressman from my home town ate a bucket of KFC in the house chamber to call Barr a chicken for not appearing.

We have no class anymore. 

7 hours ago, frank said:

Didn’t he leave the geek club so his posts wouldn’t get him in trouble? If he is just going to say crazy sh1t in public, he may as well come back. :dunno:

Yeah.  This is way dumber than anything he ever said here.  

3 hours ago, riversco said:

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That, and pissing "the other side" off and getting clicks is all that matters.

This is and this.

Oh no. :(

And he'd been doing such a good job making us proud of him until this point.

I had just looked at this thread, and got in the car. I heard ~Sticks name on the radio, connected to yet another bill in the Texas State legislature. I only caught part of what was said, and figured I must have taken away a mistaken impression. I went to his congressional website and tried find a reference. I never did. There was a ton of information on bills he has authored and co-authored. The first bill of his own that has passed in seven years is the red light camera bill. He has some real doozies on the books. I read about a "Constitutional carry" bill that would let any citizen carry a gun without a license.

He is considered by some to be the least respected legislator out of a group of 150. He is the only no vote repeatedly; like on the bill to defer property tax for active duty military. This is from memory, but I think the deferment was for 60 days.

Anyway, he checks off all the boxes to be President someday. Baptist, way pro gun,  wants prayer back in school, hates science, I mean the guy is a natural.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20190509/tilove-texas-house-hates-red-light-cameras-more-than-it-hates-jonathan-stickland

45 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

A Texas republican claiming vaccines are sorcery? Sounds about right for that state and that party. 

Right. No libtards are against vaccines. And the Amish and Jews are sitting out the vaccine thing. And Muslims. Yeah, it's a republican thing. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Right. No libtards are against vaccines. And the Amish and Jews are sitting out the vaccine thing. And Muslims. Yeah, it's a republican thing. 

Have to giggle at these folks..  Anti-vaxxer stupidity isn't politically motivated, there are retards on both sides.

Dude quit our dynasty league after the very first year... Typically lying politician making promises he can't keep.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Reality said:

Have to giggle at these folks..  Anti-vaxxer stupidity isn't politically motivated, there are retards on both sides.

It's one of few issues that the leftist idiots and the righty idiots agree on. It's a unicorn that way. 

On 5/10/2019 at 12:13 PM, kutulu said:

Dude quit our dynasty league after the very first year... Typically lying politician making promises he can't keep.

Was it 1st? I knew it was really early.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:12 PM, Strike said:

He should run for President

~stick
I can't quit you