Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

What's your favorite inovative TOOL?

4 minutes ago, naomi said:

Lol. There is that chance.

fandandy, you're the only person who can settle this :music_guitarred:

You are correct, it was a joke.  I've never won a spelling bee but I did download Grammarly.  :)

On 5/10/2019 at 4:43 PM, parrot said:

About 10 years ago my wife brought home a Black and Decker Alligator. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BLACK-DECKER-6-in-4-5-Amp-Corded-Electric-Alligator-Garden-Lopper-LP1000/100465076?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|D28I|28-32_PORTABLE|NA|PLA|Fixed|71700000041074945|58700004788398019|92700040946149116&gclid=CjwKCAjwwtTmBRBqEiwA-b6c_99q1brdsAPo7f7J3rMabqabInQ3RlkeIg6vOlhPcZJsSlivuH27GxoCtMYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Got it on sale for $40.  I was like "WTF is that?  You know I have two real chain saws in the garage, right?"  Not to mention that it was Black and Decker.  :rolleyes:

It's been one of the handiest tools I've ever owned, and she never lets me forget it.   

https://slickdeals.net/f/13305466-black-decker-lopper-chain-saw-lp1000-for-41-99-at-amazon?src=frontpage

• Like 1

I'm pretty innovative when I use my tool on your mom. She's a slut. 

On 5/10/2019 at 10:29 PM, shorepatrol said:

Cordless tools that finally match corded. I use zero tools that are corded 

I have a couple corded drills that take a key chuck...keyless chucks tend to spin on me.  Or if I am doing some serious drilling like using a hole saw

I use a plate that attaches to my hand ice auger and lets you use a cordless drill for ice fishing.

It's pretty amazing to not have to hand drill holes or deal with gas and 2 stroke motor in 5 degrees

20 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

This.... For less than $10, it sure is a lifesaver.

https://www.amazon.com/Cobra-Products-Drain-Cleaning-1-Pack/dp/B00OM31OOM

Thanks for the rec; my wife and daughters shed like crazy.  Even with a screen hair collects in the drain.  They had a 3 pack from a different maker I just grabbed for less than the Cobra.  :cheers:

• Like 1

currently...big fan of work sharp knife sharpener....makes easy work of all my knives-filet, kitchen, hunting, pocket

On 5/10/2019 at 6:24 AM, wiffleball said:

Someone posted this on the board a long time ago. I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to Google it. But basically it starts off with a tapered cone with handles on it. Apparently you jam this thing up a deer's anus and then rip it out to gut the whole thing and field dress it.

For the life of me, I don't know how you convince the deer to stand still for that whole process.

I'm going to be laughing at that for a long time.  🤣

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 5:26 PM, Cloaca du jour said:

I have a couple corded drills that take a key chuck...keyless chucks tend to spin on me.  Or if I am doing some serious drilling like using a hole saw

I lost my key for my old corded hammer drill I used to have. Used channel locks. :dunno:I do get spin once in awhile on my keyless. I still just use channel locks if that happens. 

53 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

I lost my key for my old corded hammer drill I used to have. Used channel locks. :dunno:I do get spin once in awhile on my keyless. I still just use channel locks if that happens. 

Harbor fright sells keys...even one like a iron cross for changing tires...has 4 different size keys on it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/four-way-chuck-key-1745.html

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Harbor fright sells keys...

My pop loves this store... His favorite gifts now days are gift cards from here.

On 5/12/2019 at 1:39 PM, Alias Detective said:

Mitre saw?

There are some that are 36v, 56v, 60V, 62v, etc and some that take two 18v or 20v batteries etc.  They great ratings.

My only corded tools are:
Table Saw - always plugged in, in the same place in shop. Cordless wouldn't help me.
Miter Saw - same situation as table saw