Sign in to follow this  
Microsoft Word will change your words to be 'gender inclusive'...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/05/07/microsoft-word-will-change-words-gender-inclusive/

Microsoft has launched new software to suggest edits to writing that are politically correct. The US technology giant has included the new feature in its latest version of Word, the popular word processing software.

It will apply artificial intelligence to recommend users to write in a way that does not discriminate against a particular gender.

Users of the new Microsoft Word feature could see suggestions to change “policeman” to “police officer”, for example.

The software will also use AI to recommend  synonyms and ways to shorten sentences to ensure brevity.

“Writing requires a dash of uniquely human creativity. Artificial intelligence alone cannot do it for us, at least not very well. But AI can – and already is – helping us do things like make sure we spell words correctly and use correct grammar,” the company said in a blogpost.

"As the AI in these products is becoming more sophisticated, they are helping us do more than spot a misspelled word."

Microsoft’s rivals have made similar moves after the company first brought its Ideas feature to PowerPoint last year. Google announced in February an AI writing tool to “incorporate the complexity and nuances of grammar correction”.

A trial version of Ideas will be rolled out in June but will be made available to a wider audience in the autumn. The service will initially be implemented across Word Online, a cloud-based version of the Microsoft product and will ensure users can smooth out clunky sentences and improve readability.

Microsoft’s push for gender inclusivity comes amid a wider movement in different sectors to ensure greater care in ensuring the language being used is gender neutral.

Last month, it emerged that Britain’s National Maritime Museum has started to refer to ships with the pronoun “it”, after centuries of boats being characterised as “she” or “her”.

The move sparked fierce criticism from retired naval chief Admiral Lord West, who claimed it was an example of “political correctness gone mad”.

---------------------------

God I hope this can be disabled.  Microsoft has ZERO right to tell me (and anyone else) what I should and should not be typing.

Someday we won't be allowed to communicate over the internet in ways that the powers that be deem offensive.  Not even through email.  Our worthless Congress is never going to step in.  Look at Facebook and Twitter now, it's just going to gradually, or not so gradually get worse.

Sh1t. Are they going to bring back the annoying paperclip assistant , yet somehow make it a tranny?   IT'S PAPERCLIP MA'AM!!! 

I better be able to disable that stupidity.....

Stupid sh1t like this is the reason I am speak in such a vulgar and offensive way. If we didn't have political correctness shoved down our throats constantly I would likely be a polite person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I better be able to differently able that special needs.....

45 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I better be able to disable differently able that stupidity.....

:nono:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, frank said:

4 hours ago, Mookz said:

:nono:

Always a day late and a retard short.  😩

5 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

My guess is it will be similar to what I had to do on my iphone to keep if from trying to spell correct all the swear words I was texting. I had to manually go in and add:

motherfucker

cocksucker

btichtits

pusssy

etc

6 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Mike should have that functionality here.

13 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Eventually you will have to select a language.

English (UK)

English (US normal)

English (US libtard d!pshit)

I don’t remember if it was video games or phone apps or what, but I’ve had to make that selection before. Doesn’t piss me off like it does when you call customer service and have to select 1 for English or 2 for beaner. 

On 5/10/2019 at 8:11 AM, bostonlager said:

Stupid sh1t like this is the reason I am speak in such a vulgar and offensive way. If we didn't have political correctness shoved down our throats constantly I would likely be a polite person. 

This is my excuse as well, mother focker!!

• Like 1

I've been telling you guys for over a decade now that we are rapidly heading towards becoming San Angeles.