Sign in to follow this  
lesjroza

Zeke, might hold out........

I dont think there are too many cities that like football more than they do in Dallas.   

He could take less in Dallas and still make more than other locations because of the endorsement revenue.

I hope hes not stupid enough to hold out and force a trade.   But hes done some pretty dumb things so far, maybe this will just be added to the list.

He'll be fine, I think they come to a contract extension some time before the season, without a hold out

Zeke is smart to force DAL's hand here--he has info on how DeMarco was handled.  But at the end of the day, Dak is getting his (30M+), and Amari is getting his (16M+).  You can't look at it year-to-year--it has to be on a multi-year timescale.  What it turns into is Zeke vs. Jaylon/Byron, with Jaylon vs. LVE as a sub-analysis.

I wish I had an answer.  DAL can't continue to put 70% of the cap into the offense unless the offense is utterly dominant.  And think about this: that 70% number is before any increase for Dak, Amari, or Zeke, who are demanding at least an additional $40M per year.

DAL is doomed.

2 hours ago, sirensong said:

Zeke is smart to force DAL's hand here--he has info on how DeMarco was handled.  But at the end of the day, Dak is getting his (30M+), and Amari is getting his (16M+).  You can't look at it year-to-year--it has to be on a multi-year timescale.  What it turns into is Zeke vs. Jaylon/Byron, with Jaylon vs. LVE as a sub-analysis.

I wish I had an answer.  DAL can't continue to put 70% of the cap into the offense unless the offense is utterly dominant.  And think about this: that 70% number is before any increase for Dak, Amari, or Zeke, who are demanding at least an additional $40M per year.

DAL is doomed.

This is and the teams stated objective of prioritizing  Dak and Cooper is where my concern about Zeke this season originates.

Zeke dropped to 1.08 in a draft I began the day the video of the shove was released and I felt like I had to pull the trigger there but I've been more concerned about the contract situation than the other stuff.

Dallas says we are committed to Dak, he's our guy.

After negotiating a bit..... Dak is our guy but he needs to understand in order to win there has to be enough $$$ to go around.

Dallas says Amari Cooper's contract demands are shockingly high (as an aside, wouldn't they have checked in with the agent prior to completing a trade, cuz perhaps that's a reason the Raiders want to bank a 1st?)

Dallas says Zeke and us are on the same page about a contract.

Zeke says he has not received an offer. 

🤷‍♂️